Pages:
Author

Topic: ToominCoin aka "Bitcoin_Classic" #R3KT - page 6. (Read 157066 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
brb, need to go spend at least an hour LMAO at rbtc's ETH huffing Gavinistas!

WTF are you shilling about? I don't recall Gavin ever publicly recommending to buy into the DAO.

BitcoinUserNotAffectedMeme.png

You are correct, Gavin actually is very skeptical, but there are many "Gavinistas" addicted to mETH and you can see the pump on Vers forum and /btc

Appears many more Classic/BU/XT supporters are also invested in mETH and there are plenty of reasons why.

Never mind Gavin, ETH smart contracts were Roger VERified!   Cheesy

Please recall Roger Ver, Brian Armstrong, Eric Voorhees, etc. spending the last year hyping Ethereum while simultaneously attacking the consensus of Bitcoin's socioeconomic majority and governance/development structures.

So you'll forgive my enjoyment of Team KryptoKit's comeuppance and the resolution of the DAO experiment:

legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1640
lose: unfind ... loose: untight

WTF are you shilling about? I don't recall Gavin ever publicly recommending to buy into the DAO.

You are correct, Gavin actually is very skeptical, but there are many "Gavinistas" addicted to mETH and you can see the pump on Vers forum and /btc

Appears many more Classic/BU/XT supporters are also invested in mETH and there are plenty of reasons why.

Not saying you're _wrong_, 'cause I don't know. But... where are you getting your data?

It is indeed anecdotal

Duly noted.
legendary
Given up trying to pretend that the stalking-forks perform any role other than (insignificant) minority retrograde Core nodes, jbreher? Typical behaviour; you start one argument (XT), and when that argument turns out to be bullshit, you simply start another (Classic). No point flogging a dead horse, eh?

WTF are you on about, Carlton? I've consistently been a BU sort of a guy - at least since its inception.

Speaking of which , WTF is a 'minority retrograde Core node role'? This sound like anything but word salad to anyone other than Carlton?
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1034
As Ethereum delusion has begun to shatter and reality sets in with capitulation, I wonder what coin can rage quitters flee to or use as leverage to threaten the rest of the community with? It has to fit the profile of scaling they desire and have the right PR to fit their interests. Hmmm, I don't see much on the horizon so perhaps that is why Armstrong is doubling down on the joke of the mutability of ETH with the proposed block reorg .

It is indeed sad that so many late ETH investors lost money, but in a way this is bolstering our roadmap and direction perfectly so I have mixed feelings concerning this tragedy.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348
Eadem mutata resurgo
Benevolent dictator Vitalik the Great is giving do overs.

The DAO is too big too fail, it is officially being renamed the one true "Sacred CAO".
legendary

Not saying you're _wrong_, 'cause I don't know. But... where are you getting your data?

It is indeed anecdotal but the numbers are so lopsided towards one side that there are clear trend lines. Ver and Eric both are Ethereum investors, and from reading the comments on /btc and the various forum you can see a stronger probability between those that espouse support for XT/BU/BC supporting and admitting they own some ETH.

Than there is the fact that Vitalic openly supports and communicates* with this community and his scaling road map more closely matches that of your crowd in its aggressiveness.

* look through his reddit post history ... he almost exclusively only speaks to the /btc crowd and is warmly welcomed over there
Activity: 687
Merit: 500
Plenty of reasons why they like ETH....
Unlimited blocksize is the obvious one.
They also like centralized development.

legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
Given up trying to pretend that the stalking-forks perform any role other than (insignificant) minority retrograde Core nodes, jbreher? Typical behaviour; you start one argument (XT), and when that argument turns out to be bullshit, you simply start another (Classic). No point flogging a dead horse, eh? Grin
legendary

legendary

legendary

legendary
So I hope the classic shills that gave up and moved on to alts didn't get rid of all their BTC to get into Ethereum.

Smiley Smiley Smiley  brb, need to go spend at least an hour LMAO at rbtc's ETH huffing Gavinistas!   Smiley Smiley Smiley

Aww, did their GMAX-stalking Blockstream-hating Core-boycotting buttcoiner portfolios lose 33% overnight?

Gee, that's just too bad.  Jump you fuckers!   Grin

DAOobituraries.com

EthereumObituraries.com

KlassikObituaries.com
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
So I hope the classic shills that gave up and moved on to alts didn't get rid of all their BTC to get into Ethereum.

Didn't?

I hope they went all in... would mean they have less resources to use in their efforts to change Bitcoin's immutable code.

Bitcoin is status quo. Status quo is love, status quo is life.
Activity: 687
Merit: 500
legendary
All correct, just one detail you conveniently left out: they all run the Core consensus rules, because they never mined more than a few dozen blocks between them, and certainly never scratched the surface of their stated goal: to run the network. Core runs the network.

And in addition, they're going to get left behind rather soon, seeing as they have no working implementation of the new BIPs introduced in 0.12.1. And how many lines of code are even changed in your fork-stalking implementations? Has it hit double figures yet, lol
legendary
D) Core Dev-ing is:
    a) centralized;
    b) mutable; and
    c) permissioned
    d) running on an actual multi-billion dollar network

E) Other Dev-ing is:
    a) decentralized;
    b) mutable; and
    c) permissionless

Fixed.

Fixed2

You're out of your mind (not that it's in any way relevant or interesting, just an observation of reality, remember reality? It's that place you call "outside")

XT is running in production on the actual multi-billion dollar main Bitcoin network.
Classic is running in production on the actual multi-billion dollar main Bitcoin network.
BU is running in production on the actual multi-billion dollar main Bitcoin network.

You can say I am out of my mind, but you'd be 100% incorrect.
You could point to the meager number of such nodes, and I would agree. But that is completely different than not running on the network.
So your conclusion is demonstrably false. But of course, for the last several quarters, you've been amongst the more egregious of the vacuous Core propagandists/apologists. 'Tis a shame - I remember a day when you supported your proclamations with reasoning from principles. I wonder what happened...

You know what is not yet running in production on the actual multi-billion dollar main Bitcoin network? The SegWit Omnibus Changeset. Which is not to claim that it should yet be. After all, it makes yuuuge changes to many aspects of Bitcoin. You know, rather than 'not much more than changing a constant'. Accordingly, more extensive testing is certainly merited.
legendary
D) Core Dev-ing is:
    a) centralized;
    b) mutable; and
    c) permissioned

E) Other Dev-ing is:
    a) decentralized;
    b) mutable; and
    c) permissionless

Fixed.

Fixed2

You're out of your mind (not that it's in any way relevant or interesting, just an observation of reality, remember reality? It's that place you call "outside")
legendary
Klassik death rattles continue to amuse:

This is the reason for the flood of hate from /r/btc. This is the death of Classic.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4odxl5/this_is_the_reason_for_the_flood_of_hate_from/

Quote from: Frogolocalypse
The hard fork classic experiment is an abject failure and has been the rallying cry of /r/btc for months. Over the past five days the last resistance of any player has buckled and all they have left are their tantrums. Since the capitulation it has been non stop whinge in /r/bitcoin because they realise no one is listening to them anymore.

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

Look at you.. coming up with a distracting multiple choice test.

It's not a multiple choice test, you adorable numbskull. It is a listing of the properties of various aspects of the system. It is a simple statement of fact.

Your statement of facts have proven quite questionable in the past, so seemed somewhat inconsistent and like a multiple choice test to me.

I'm talking about the whole system in which blocks cannot be easily edited by the whole system of computers...

No - I don't get your point. The only way blocks can be edited [within] the whole system of computers is if greater than 50% of the hashpower colludes to do so. This is the same whether Classic or Core is the way forward. Surely, you've been around long enough to have absorbed this much?

Seems like we kind of agree about what immutability means.

What? Now you want to switch away from Nakamoto Consensus too?

I am not asserting to switch anything, and I am not asserting to be any kind of technical expert. 

All I had been asserting prior to your seemingly multiple choice test post was that bitcoin is not broken, and if there are proposals to change bitcoin, then the burden is on those proposing a change to convince TPTB in bitcoinlandia to agree to the change and to get it incorporated into the protocol.. They do that by providing facts and logic otherwise the status quo continues...

Accordingly, we are chugging along in bitcoinlandia and the prices is crashing... Probably going to test $725 again in the next few days, but surely it could take a few weeks too.. I don't really care.  I think bitcoin is doing well in this $400 to $700 range too (but seems like the upward pressures based on bitcoin's ongoing technical soundness and its security as a storage of value are going to cause bitcoin prices to further crash.....                             up).

legendary
You ever heard of decentralized immutable and permissionless.. Huh?  

Yup. With respect to bitcoin:

A) Mining is:
    a) centralized;
    b) mutable; and
    c) permissionless

B) Noding is:
    a) decentralized;
    b) mutable; and
    c) permissionless

C) Using is:
    a) decentralized;
    b) immutable (at least not by the user); and
    c) permissionless

D) Core Dev-ing is:
    a) centralized;
    b) mutable; and
    c) permissioned

E) Other Dev-ing is:
    a) decentralized;
    b) mutable; and
    c) permissionless

Whatcherpoint?

Look at you.. coming up with a distracting multiple choice test.

It's not a multiple choice test, you adorable numbskull. It is a listing of the properties of various aspects of the system. It is a simple statement of fact.

I'm talking about the whole system in which blocks cannot be easily edited by the whole system of computers...

No - I don't get your point. The only way blocks can be edited [within] the whole system of computers is if greater than 50% of the hashpower colludes to do so. This is the same whether Classic or Core is the way forward. Surely, you've been around long enough to have absorbed this much?

What? Now you want to switch away from Nakamoto Consensus too?
Pages:
Jump to: