Pages:
Author

Topic: Tracking the difference of merit circulations with Default Trust Changes - page 2. (Read 744 times)

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4085
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
What is the use of this statistics? Sorry if I have missed something.
Objective:
- To see how long significant changes of rules (Trust, Merit, Ranking, for example) will affect on the merit circulations in the forum.

As you can see, the changes in ranking aims at Junior Members led to demotion, but its effects on merit circulation was not too long.
Spikes appeared on the time series plot in September, but several days later, it blurred.

Edited:
I updated the OP with objectives, you can get them there:
Objectives
(1) To measure the percentage difference changes of median and mean of intraday merits between the before and after periods (the cut-off is 09/01/2019);
(2) To observe the the difference changes over time;
(3) To identify when the impacts of Default Trust Changes tails off.
Activity: 924
Merit: 452
Check your coin privilege

I kinda agree. Merit and trust are probably the least correlated things on the forums.

1. When you merit someone, most people do it because of what they read, not because of the person's trust. This is especially true because Trust is not displayed in the majority of the forums.

2. Trust already existed, the only change you would see on user trust ratings would be minimal compared to the first iterations. So if people merited trusted people more, or vice versa, (which is assuming there is a correlation) you're already not going to see anything change, because only a few people were removed and others added to DT.
Activity: 308
Merit: 280
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4085
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
TRACKING THE DIFFERENCE OF MERIT CIRCULATIONS WITH DEFAULT TRUST CHANGES
ON 09/01/2019 (IN MEANS AND MEDIANS)

- Update will be published in the newest post (weekly update), not in the OP;

Colors:
- Green: Increasing change;
- Red: Decreasing change.

ABSTRACT
Two weeks later:
(1) There is no outliers within two weeks after Default Trust changes. Only one day (09/01/2019) comes closer the the outlier-identifying threshold.
(2) Median and mean of the intraday merits twoo weeks after Default Trust Changes are higher than the figures of before period at 31.8% and 23.2%, respectively.
- Median: + 37.1%
- Mean: + 24.2%

Objectives
(1) To measure the percentage difference changes of median and mean of intraday merits between the before and after periods (the cut-off is 09/01/2019);
(2) To observe the the difference changes over time;
(3) To identify when the impacts of Default Trust Changes tails off.

As you all known that theymos decided to make DefaultTrust changes (still in pilot phase, not official).
The change of Default Trust has obviously resulted in dramatical increasing wave of merit circulations in the forum.
The following time series plot clearly shows it:

- For dataset of intraday merits within 2018, please get it there
- For dataset of the year 2019, please get it there

1) Outliers identified
- None or only one day (on 09/01/2019)

In my another topic, potential outliers for truncated dataset identified (from 19/2/2018 to 21/1/2019):
Potential outliers are days that have intraday merits beyond 124 or 1164.
For all days (till now) in the year 2019, there is no day beyond the outlier-identifying threshold.
Only one day should be taken into consideration, it is 09/01/2019 with 1161. The day has only three merits lower than the threshold, so we can call it as an outlier or not (it depends on your viewpoint)!

2) Statistics:
Statistics will be present in means +/- standard deviations; medians (interquartile ranges); mins and maxs.

You can imagine what I will do with the following dummy table to track changes.

Raw statistics are here:
Code:
. tabstat before090119 wkslater_2, s(n mean sd p50 p25 p75 min max) format(%9.1f) c(s)

variable |         N      mean        sd       p50       p25       p75       min       max
-------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
before090119 |     324.0     677.0     263.0     616.5     510.5     766.5     312.0    2463.0
  wkslater_2 |      14.0     840.4     191.4     845.5     658.0     987.0     611.0    1161.0

3) Changes over weeks
Now, let's see changes of means and medians of intraday merits over weeks after the Default Trust changes.
I compared statistics (means, medians) between the before period (for days from 19/02/2018) and different after period (from 09/01/2019 till the end of each later week).

For instance, wkslater_2 presents for the statistics of two weeks after the DefaultTrust Changes.
After two weeks, the median and mean of two-week later period are higher than figures of the before period at + 37.1% and + 24.2%, respectively.

Notes:
Update tables to 6 weeks later.
Pages:
Jump to: