Pages:
Author

Topic: Trade or HODL? - page 4. (Read 2548 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 105
October 14, 2018, 09:46:14 AM
HODL would be the best option for now. It just don't save your consistent fall of altcoins' prices but it also helps you to develop more patience which is commonly the key to a 1000x roi in the future. Maybe some are still active on trading but you need to be lucky and have large extra funds to recover your losses and trade again if ever it happens.
Times have changed, now just holding is loss-making strategy in most cases on the current market. If you look at the charts for last 9 months you'll see that.
Activity: 694
Merit: 108
santacoin.io
October 14, 2018, 06:21:27 AM
If you are a beginner in the cryptocurrency world stay away from trading because you can easily lose the majority of your investment. Learn to HODL first, then learn to trade later, and once you learn about the basic trading skills then you can go ahead to start small. To avoid losing money in trading you should at least master some of the tradings skills and knowledge. In fact, to make lots of money in trading you need to be a professional trader which normally takes time so don't rush into trading and lose all your money at once. you need to start small and then work your way up over time. 
Activity: 276
Merit: 48
October 13, 2018, 09:24:45 PM
Just rebalance! This article compares rebalancing your portfolio to HODL.

https://hackernoon.com/rebalance-vs-hodl-a-technical-analysis-6f341b0db9cd
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
October 13, 2018, 12:50:20 PM
i think if the market is good we should hold. but it get red we need to trade. because at this time we can get money easier. the other hand it more dangerous
Activity: 1085
Merit: 500
hi =D
October 13, 2018, 09:23:37 PM
At this time when the crypto market is saturated with a sea of scammers and fraudulent ico coins, and it is difficult to invest in any project, and the prices are down, better for those who already have coins and wait, Hold and who does not have one Good buy time in some more reliable currencies
Activity: 333
Merit: 15
October 13, 2018, 07:44:43 PM
basically i go for hold. first rule to make profit is buy low sell high. Crypto currency trading needs a lot patience. Buy bitcoin/altcoins when they are low and sell them when they are high. You can use many sites for trading altcoins. like you can buy any altcoin in yobit and check its price on other sites like cryptopia or any other. if the price there is high just transfer then and sell them. remember to calculate the profit along with transfer charge.
Activity: 134
Merit: 1
October 13, 2018, 07:40:18 PM
I think you can do both "Hodl or trade" because crypto prices are always constantly changing +/- and if you can get you timing right you can yield some good profit and we should also put into consideration the risk of price plunging down, so best strategy would be to stay up todate with crypto news and lookout for good/bad press or fud which could spark panic selling or demand for more Cryptocurrency.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
October 13, 2018, 05:56:42 PM
Trade needs too much skill and needs someone to analyze the market movement, and it lacks too many requirements. Hold does not require too much demand, you need to buy the potential Altcoin and keep it until it reaches the price you want and then sells it.
B.
copper member
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
October 13, 2018, 05:50:22 PM
HODL is not the best clause this year, if from the beginning of the year I decided to be patient, then losses could reach 90% because assets continued to decline. I am a daily trader and until now I still focus on various profit possibilities from every sentiment that occurs. But that's true if I allocate capital to buy special coins like bitcoin for the long term. but the other half I require daily profit priorities.
Activity: 406
The Smart Mining Company: Swiss Alps Energy
October 13, 2018, 04:19:39 PM
If you have an altcoin which is associated with a company that is not established yet. They are trying their best to launch its private beta test, public beta test and then shifted to mainnet making partners for their company. Is it a week game? a month game? In what bases I should trade their coin?

My recommendation is that if you have an altcoin then give some time to establish the company let they work in their full power then their coins will have their actual value. After that point Trade, but during the establishment period hodl. Just think why most of the ICOs have their mainnet or big news announcement in november? Smiley Smiley
Activity: 854
Merit: 115
October 13, 2018, 11:55:58 AM
I think hold will be the best choice.Because market is so down right now.Hold until you are in profit.And if you are expert then trade will be good.Maximum people say that hold is the best option but for this need time to make profit.If you hold your coin you will receive big returns Smiley

right, now is a good time to buy and hold it until you get a profit because the price is cheap now don't panic when the price drops because the price will definitely rise again. Hopefully by the end of this year there will be a good increase for all coins
Activity: 364
The Exchange for EOS Community
October 13, 2018, 10:37:08 AM
I think that hodling them is the better option than trading because you probably would not trade them for more perspective coins - so what's the clue actually?
Hold a good choice, but if you choose the right coin is ok, if you choose the poor quality coins hold the longer you will lose more and lose time.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
October 13, 2018, 09:15:12 AM

The answer is verry dependent . it depends on what type of person you are , let say if you are a risk taker and can afford to loose much more than what you earned then you'd better go the trader path but if your scared to take too much risk , then hodling is the best for you .

Doing both is trading and hodling is even more better only if you wanted to maximize your potential income.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
October 13, 2018, 08:50:05 AM
I think that hodling them is the better option than trading because you probably would not trade them for more perspective coins - so what's the clue actually?
Activity: 1470
Merit: 504
October 13, 2018, 03:14:06 AM
The holder takes a long time to get results and must be patient when the portfolio has decreased in price. especially this patient nature is rarely owned by someone so many of them panic, selling their assets
Activity: 266
October 13, 2018, 02:57:28 AM
In my opinion, current market conditions are not so good.
At present there has been a decline in the price of coins and the price has not stabilized, making many people unsure if trading for now.
We recommend that you wait and make sure the condition of the Cryptocurrency market price is recovering and the price is good.
If the market conditions are good and high then you can trade safely and can benefit greatly from Cryptocurrency.
Activity: 686
October 13, 2018, 02:54:14 AM
In the present situation, it is always good to hold the coins instead of selling them in the market because already the price went very low in the market. If you sell them now you will be making very less amount of money, so instead of losing money it is good to hold them long-term until the prices start increasing again.
Activity: 378
October 13, 2018, 02:26:56 AM
I hope that people like business man use crypto for long term investment and they have extra capital for further investment and they have a portion in crypto, So i think that trade is a way to make money a good decision at right time and in future again we can come for investment and this process will goes on i like to trade crypto when it important.
Activity: 476
October 13, 2018, 01:51:11 AM
HODL would be the best option for now. It just don't save your consistent fall of altcoins' prices but it also helps you to develop more patience which is commonly the key to a 1000x roi in the future. Maybe some are still active on trading but you need to be lucky and have large extra funds to recover your losses and trade again if ever it happens.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
October 13, 2018, 01:43:18 AM
I think hold will be the best choice.Because market is so down right now.Hold until you are in profit.And if you are expert then trade will be good.Maximum people say that hold is the best option but for this need time to make profit.If you hold your coin you will receive big returns Smiley
agree with you. for me, maybe it will get better when selling it later in the year. well, there is a big possibility for the price to rise higher. yeah, but it's only done when you need money, or anything else.
- Holding just makes you easier to die in the present market when many exchanges are constantly delist a lot of altcoin, that clearly tells us that the whale is trying to get rid of the holder, they want the game to change and ask traders to do more, not just hold. The risk with hold is very high, instead of getting bigger profits, I'm just afraid you'll be stuck with it for a long time, even you'll get big losses, and if you do not want that to happen, it's time to leave the safe area and fight like a real trader, fight and win or die like a coward
Since we all know that the market has gone in to recession and the market values and stability in price has declines greatly but the incentive that could still be cashed is the investment in these coins with low market price and a mater of fact is that these coins have gotten great potential to give great returns.

So right now, I would also suggest to invest and hold. If you hodl, you would be better off as the market returns back to its positive vibes.
Pages:
Jump to: