Pages:
Author

Topic: TradeFortress is a scammer. - page 3. (Read 14455 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
November 10, 2013, 12:43:03 AM
I've never interacted with TradeFortress, but I have had successful trades with MPT.

+1000
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
November 10, 2013, 12:40:32 AM
I've never interacted with TradeFortress, but I have had successful trades with MPT.
legendary
November 10, 2013, 12:38:50 AM
please check out how TF scammed me and vote on him being a scammer: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151880.0;all

This is how I knew what is what. 

MPT = trustworthy

TF not so much.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
November 09, 2013, 01:58:49 AM
Been a while since this topic came up
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
November 08, 2013, 11:55:32 PM
I tried to tell people not to trust this guy.
I have not received any portion of my BTC yet and have sent several emails so far.
legendary
November 08, 2013, 12:20:37 PM
I tried to tell people not to trust this guy.
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
Never spend your money before you have it.
June 29, 2013, 03:44:30 PM
please check out how TF scammed me and vote on him being a scammer: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151880.0;all
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 28, 2013, 12:35:23 PM
I don't recognize Ripple IOUs as binding agreements.

Why?

Because they are unenforceable.  As it has been pointed out to you, several times, there are no terms to these IOU's.  Even if these were binding, they have no stated repayment terms so he could very well still owe X amount of BTC's to someone but pay them back the day after the sun burns out.  That would not be a breach of contract.

Furthermore, have you heard of the term consideration in contract law?  In order for a contract to be binding, it is required as a prerequisite that both parties offer consideration (something of value promised to the other).  In other words, a contract must be something in which both parties benefit in some way.  TF benefits in no way by giving away free BTC, there is no consideration.

Not sure why you brought up "consideration."  Consideration, and a unilateral contract*, exists as soon as TF extends the offer.  Consideration (in legalese) also doesn't mean "both parties benefit in some way" -- that's silly.  I can ask you to break the windshield of your car by throwing your laptop at it, and promise you $2000.00 in return.  If we seal this with a contract, saying "show me how i benefit from this deal" wouldn't get me out of it.

*"A contract in which only one party makes an express promise, or undertakes a performance without first securing a reciprocal agreement from the other party." (http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Unilateral+contract)
Activity: 669
Merit: 500
May 28, 2013, 11:46:12 AM
Probably not very well because that site is on blogspot.

FYI, take a look at how many people have fallen for mining united, the most obvious ponzi ever.

So, r u saying that i'm right?
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
May 28, 2013, 11:35:11 AM
Probably not very well because that site is on blogspot.

FYI, take a look at how many people have fallen for mining united, the most obvious ponzi ever.
May 28, 2013, 10:23:23 AM
Let's see if this one works without your reputation in this forum.
There are warnings everywhere to don't grant trust to unknown people. If greed is stronger than prudence that's a problem of the human kind, not Ripple. I am not here since the very beginning of bitcoin (only 2 years that i read this forum), but i bet that some "BTC givaway if you give me your private key" MUST have existed

Of course, everybody here is thinking that YOU (major Ripple hater) have nothing to do with that site except that having been a prophet.

vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
May 28, 2013, 10:04:54 AM
Guys, how would you call this:

http://crypto-giveaways.blogspot.it/

Proving a point? Exposing a Flaw?
Well done in being a scammer prophet, TF  Grin
What will continue to happen if OpenCoin Inc don't fix the problems.

Imagine a professional website, with an automated system. It gets the user to trust them for 0.01 first, and upon detecting the trust lines it immediately sends 0.01 BTC. The user sees this Ripple transaction, the site tells the user to increase the trust limit for more coins, fun times. Advertise that on Adf.ly/CoinURL, and it might crash down the Ripple network if a large enough userbase is affected.
May 28, 2013, 09:58:25 AM
Guys, how would you call this:

http://crypto-giveaways.blogspot.it/

Proving a point? Exposing a Flaw?
Well done in being a scammer prophet, TF  Grin
Activity: 672
May 21, 2013, 10:48:27 PM

Why?

Because they are unenforceable.  As it has been pointed out to you, several times, there are no terms to these IOU's.  Even if these were binding, they have no stated repayment terms so he could very well still owe X amount of BTC's to someone but pay them back the day after the sun burns out.  That would not be a breach of contract.

Furthermore, have you heard of the term consideration in contract law?  In order for a contract to be binding, it is required as a prerequisite that both parties offer consideration (something of value promised to the other).  In other words, a contract must be something in which both parties benefit in some way.  TF benefits in no way by giving away free BTC, there is no consideration.

I don't agree with his methodologies but I think he proved his point and I do not believe he meant any malice by doing it.  There was to my knowledge one person who was monetarily damaged in the whole stunt and TF offered to return the BTC to him but he stubbornly refused.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
May 21, 2013, 02:30:28 PM

Why?
May 21, 2013, 10:21:04 AM
I was one of the few people who got into that thread when there were still lesser then 5 views, you know what I did after reading till just before the picture? I closed my window of the thread thinking of the noobs who dont get hints

TF who publicly advertises Ripple is a scam opens a thread to give ripple btcs <<< what is the first thing that comes to your mind? If you are retarded enough not to get the hint that something is bound to happen and simply post your ripple address thinking of "FREEEEEEEE MONEYYYYYYYYYYY" and "FREEEEE MONEYYYY , ILL JUST REPORT OP AS A SCAMMER IF I DONT GET FREEEEE MONEEYYYYYYYY". Thats probably most of the people thoughts when they posted thier addressess. I would really like to help the guy who lost his real btc if he really lost it, I just cannot belief it and the evidence that is provided.

All this points to Ripple being a scam instead of TF, the developers of OpenCoin couldnt possibly never though of such an easy loophole when they designed the system. Knowing a potential loophole of your system but still advertising it and not fixing it but rather treating it as a plus for your system is essentially the same as a scam to me.

Alright, Im outta here before I get labelled as a scammer for nothing as well /sarcasm

Again this nice argument: noobs must be scammed !!! ; )

But you probably miss the point: people who do understand the trick could have used it to steal, as actually did that weird guy ironcross ; )

What you call a loophole... it isn't in my opinion... is a good thing that you're forced to think at trusted relationships when you talk about money, because it is the way money flow, bitcoins included. By the way, of course it is an opinion, which i won't try to impose scamming someone.

Alright, Im outta here before I get labelled as a butt-hurted scammed or a Ripple Addicted or a paid troll.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Troll of the Fourth Reich.
May 21, 2013, 09:51:48 AM
I was one of the few people who got into that thread when there were still lesser then 5 views, you know what I did after reading till just before the picture? I closed my window of the thread thinking of the noobs who dont get hints

TF who publicly advertises Ripple is a scam opens a thread to give ripple btcs <<< what is the first thing that comes to your mind? If you are retarded enough not to get the hint that something is bound to happen and simply post your ripple address thinking of "FREEEEEEEE MONEYYYYYYYYYYY" and "FREEEEE MONEYYYY , ILL JUST REPORT OP AS A SCAMMER IF I DONT GET FREEEEE MONEEYYYYYYYY". Thats probably most of the people thoughts when they posted thier addressess. I would really like to help the guy who lost his real btc if he really lost it, I just cannot belief it and the evidence that is provided.

All this points to Ripple being a scam instead of TF, the developers of OpenCoin couldnt possibly never though of such an easy loophole when they designed the system. Knowing a potential loophole of your system but still advertising it and not fixing it but rather treating it as a plus for your system is essentially the same as a scam to me.

Alright, Im outta here before I get labelled as a scammer for nothing as well /sarcasm
SCAMMER
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
May 21, 2013, 09:50:56 AM

May 21, 2013, 09:18:35 AM
All the haters probably

1. Supporters of Ripple
2. Enraged that it isnt real BTC
3. Doesnt understand that Ripple IS a lie, with its many flaws im surprised there are still people using it.

1. NO
2. NO
3. NO

I like Ripple but i'm not affiliated nor a "supporter" (maybe... still) nor i'm in love with it.

Infact diskiling Ripple shouldn't be a handicap in understanding how dishonest TF was.

I see here a lot of people wich basically are saying that letting people to lose theyr money to demonstrate (without any logic in this demonstration) that Ripple is flawed it's right. That's simply absurd.

People trusted TF, in a system they don't understand well, but they never thought to be in danger of losing 100 BTC each. That's because he intentionally misrepresented Ripple and his IOUs.

i don't think you understand what happened in the thread. webr3 tried to get his btc "stolen" but it didn't work the first time around, so he told tradefort to send it on ripple /again/ after letting the whole community know where to steal it.

"FREE BAG OF MONEY UNDER THE PARK BENCH ALL NIGHT. BUT IF YOU STEAL IT, THE PERSON I TOLD TO PUT IT THERE (INSTEAD OF GIVING TO ME THROUGH BLOCKCHAIN) IS A SCAMMER."

All the haters probably

1. Supporters of Ripple
2. Enraged that it isnt real BTC
3. Doesnt understand that Ripple IS a lie, with its many flaws im surprised there are still people using it.

agreed

I was not talking about webr3, but the whole thing. Another user (who still didn't claim it) has lost 1 BTC, and it could have been ended much worse.

Why you're screaming? Did you follow this affair from the beginning?

I see here a lot of people wich basically are saying that letting people to lose theyr money to demonstrate (without any logic in this demonstration) that Ripple is flawed it's right. That's simply absurd.

Is that right in your opinion?

Pages:
Jump to: