Pages:
Author

Topic: TradeFortress stole 30 of my BTC - page 2. (Read 2105 times)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100
November 07, 2013, 11:28:21 AM
i have the same problem

he wrote some stuff but i got nothing back yet, gave him another btc adresse to send the money to.
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
November 07, 2013, 11:19:32 AM
I thought people with more than 1BTC does offline wallets.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
November 07, 2013, 11:16:20 AM
You put ALL of your funds into an online wallet that is completely seperate to the main blockchain?!? :O

I'm still a total noob to the Bitcoin world, but even I know thats incredibly risky. I was using inputs.io for collecting from free faucets only.
Still, I guess you just didn't realise the implication of this and read stuff about it being secure so fair enough, I hope you get refunded, good luck.

And you are correct in saying that he gave NO indication on the inputs website whatsoever that there had been a hack, there was nothing at all on the news/blog page about it. I only found out from going to free inputs type faucets and reading a text message on there that it had been hacked, which then lead me to check here on the bittalk forum which confirmed this. I managed to get most of the funds I had in there out in time.

You've learnt an important lesson here, do LOTS of research when shifting a large amount of funds to a new account, a painful lesson, but a good one.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
November 07, 2013, 11:06:19 AM
ok, admittedly I'm freaking out here

But all I got from them was 10 out of my 40.

In this message: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3506034
he writes:
if you deposited very recently you should get 100%. It'll be handled on a case by case basis
but the response to that I got from inputs.io is "That was after the API hack".
My refund request yielded just 10. They owe me another 30.

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
November 07, 2013, 10:56:17 AM
Hello everyone,

Today I am very upset because user TradeFortress stole 30 BTC.

Here is how it happened.

He was running an online wallet called inputs.io. The website was hacked on October 26 and 4100 BTC were stolen. Inputs.io was insolvent from that moment on.
However, instead of shutting down, he kept the site open and looking normal. He was accepting new deposits after the hack.

I had all my btc ( about 40 ) at MtGox and decided that this was not safe and that I should look into offline storage. I moved them over to inputs.io for the interim while I read up on security. I thought inputs.io would be safer than MtGox given reports like: http://www.coindesk.com/inputs-io-a-high-security-bitcoin-web-wallet/

Yesterday TradeFortress admitted that http://inputs.io had beed hacked and said that they would distribute the coins on hand among all the users. I was given only 10 BTC.

Here is the issue: my coins were deposited after the hack! They were not stolen by the hacker. They were stolen from me by TradeFortress!

The fact that he kept the website looking normal in the hope of attacking new deposits to then use to pay off other users is fraud!. He is guilty of fraud and theft unless he refunds fully all coins that were deposited after the hack.

He should have closed the site down on October 26. I deposited mine on Nov. 2.

@TradeFortress : don't do this. don't be guilty of theft on top of everything. you must refund all post October 26 deposits in full!

-thehatman

refunds to: 1EbgnMpNpyWoWZZxrnFcZLdExKJHz5hRtv
Pages:
Jump to: