Pages:
Author

Topic: Trading bots - page 2. (Read 269 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 0
July 12, 2018, 08:01:58 AM
Better not use trade bots to trade on the crypto currency market. Bots very quickly become obsolete and stop profiting their owners, so it's better to learn to trade using my knowledge.
Activity: 150
Merit: 3
July 12, 2018, 06:31:19 AM
Hi everyone

I would like to know is anyone really using bots for trading? I have tried some bots from Github in the past, but mostly just lost money with them (mostly because I was using them In the bull run and the bot didn't konw how to handle high jumps accordingly, making me lose money).

It seems bots are fine for stock trading since they are more stable and predictable, but mostly fail for crypto trading.

So is anyone really using bots for trading crypto? What software are you using? Did it ever screw you up with a trade?
Try to follow the thread of the Gunbot https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gunbot-automatic-poloniex-profit-generator-1715214 and you will see posts of known forum members there giving feedback about the Gunbot.  There's another one which is known as Profittrailer here's the link to the thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/profittrailer-bittrex-poloniex-binance-the-best-trading-bot-2274298. I am more interested with the Gunbot as the developer of this bot is very responsive and the development of the Bot is continuing.

Thanks for sharing this. I will definitely check them out! Do you by any chance know for an open source bot similar to those two?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
July 12, 2018, 05:37:54 AM
Hi everyone

I would like to know is anyone really using bots for trading? I have tried some bots from Github in the past, but mostly just lost money with them (mostly because I was using them In the bull run and the bot didn't konw how to handle high jumps accordingly, making me lose money).

It seems bots are fine for stock trading since they are more stable and predictable, but mostly fail for crypto trading.

So is anyone really using bots for trading crypto? What software are you using? Did it ever screw you up with a trade?
Try to follow the thread of the Gunbot https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gunbot-automatic-poloniex-profit-generator-1715214 and you will see posts of known forum members there giving feedback about the Gunbot.  There's another one which is known as Profittrailer here's the link to the thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/profittrailer-bittrex-poloniex-binance-the-best-trading-bot-2274298. I am more interested with the Gunbot as the developer of this bot is very responsive and the development of the Bot is continuing.
July 12, 2018, 04:58:35 AM
I know you have to use APIs, thats what the bot was using. I thought I might modify it for my needs, but when I saw the way it works. I figured there was no way to make it work well when the market goes up and down like nuts.

It would work ok now when the market is (kind of) stable. But would have to shut it down when the market gets crazy like it was half a year ago.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
July 12, 2018, 04:14:57 AM
Hi everyone

The only possible way to success in trading with bot is to get API from exchange and write your own bot and modify it according to market situation. But it will alwais be 2 step forward, one step back, code modification, 2 step forward, one stap back.

Ive tried this but i found it just not suitable for me. I would rather spend day on trading than day on changing code, 2 days on checking each hour if bot is earning and than 1 day again on code.
July 12, 2018, 03:39:11 AM
Hi everyone

Pages:
Jump to: