Pages:
Author

Topic: Trading vs. Buy and Hold - page 2. (Read 1900 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1
June 11, 2018, 11:33:18 PM
if you apply the trading capital you have can grow to very much. And it seems the best is trading, because with the trade you can take advantage of the capital you have to be able to earn very much
Activity: 490
Merit: 262
privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond
June 10, 2018, 07:16:08 PM
I prefer to trade because you can make a huge profit in just a little amount of time, but yes, sometimes it is more than risky because you can easily lose a lot of money because of that.

Depending on the ability and conditions of the investor that can give the form of reasonable investment. If you are good at technical analysis and have plenty of time to watch the market, trading is a viable option; otherwise, if you are not good at technical analysis then choosing some good coins and keeping it in the times few months is a good thing to do.
It will really depend on the capability of a person,  trade if you have a lot of time or hold to see if there will be profit. Both methods are risky but we know that from the start that any method of earning  here will be risky because of the volatility of the coins. For the meantime,  since all cryptos are having a hard time getting a good price,  I prefer to hold especially my coins who have good prices before.
Activity: 304
Merit: 250
June 10, 2018, 06:56:24 PM
Good to hold from trading.I have lost a lot of money in trading. So now hold. If you hold the coins for a long time, then many profits are possible. Before doing business, there will be a lot of research. It is better to trade then.
Activity: 294
Merit: 17
June 10, 2018, 06:37:48 PM
Trading requires a lot of work during a day, watching every currency you would like to trade with is tiring by itself, meanwhile hodling is just a ticket to the rollercoaster.
Activity: 643
Merit: 264
June 10, 2018, 06:31:17 PM
I personally prefer holding. Hope it will bring more volume and higher prices. Used to lost some money when trading tokens but gain much profit by holding.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
The Exchange for EOS Community
June 10, 2018, 06:29:59 PM
I prefer to trade because you can make a huge profit in just a little amount of time, but yes, sometimes it is more than risky because you can easily lose a lot of money because of that.

Depending on the ability and conditions of the investor that can give the form of reasonable investment. If you are good at technical analysis and have plenty of time to watch the market, trading is a viable option; otherwise, if you are not good at technical analysis then choosing some good coins and keeping it in the times few months is a good thing to do.
Activity: 72
Merit: 0
June 10, 2018, 05:50:24 PM
Holding is better for all especially if you don't have so much time to spare studying charts. Holders gain more on a longer term
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
June 10, 2018, 05:36:06 PM
i am team hold i always buy coins and saved for long term i like it because it is safer and more profitable when compared to the daily trading this is very risky, i just prefer it for long term

yes I think so. holding is better for all crypto users, hold do not need strategy like trading. hold just need the basic knowledge about crypto and we should choose coin that have a good potential so we do not need worry about the price because when the price go down, it will recover again.
Activity: 446
June 10, 2018, 04:38:36 PM
I prefer to trade because it is more profitable, but in terms of usage and how much time you are going to hold, it just depends on what your vision is (if you prefer to trade or not)
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
June 10, 2018, 04:31:04 PM
holding a coin for the long term requires positive information for the foreseeable future, holding a coin has a high risk if we do not read a valid news source, but to five coins of your choice it has good prospects

That's right. There are so many things that could happen, even after just a month or two, more so if you plan to hold for a year or so. For me, holding is the way to go because I don't have enough time to spend on checking the market closely and on seeing how the trends and movements are affecting the coins. But, how I wish i could do that. That's the difficulty of having a full-time job and other stuff, as much as I want to venture in deeper, I really can't so I choose holding, which is a more passive approach. But, if you have the time and energy to actually take a closer look at the market, trading is a good thing to try as well.
Activity: 129
June 10, 2018, 04:23:41 PM
Activity: 154
June 10, 2018, 04:15:44 PM
Holding must be a good direction. And undoubtedly it's functional way. However, this is a long-term plan. So the losses are very low in the holdings. I support it. But sometimes there is good profit in daily trading which is not even in long term planning.
Activity: 122
Merit: 2
June 10, 2018, 03:56:50 PM
The choice of which trading method to use depends on many factors such as the time available for trading and the capital size of the individual trader as well as the profit expectation. Just like you said, it is very important to avoid borrowing money to put into trading because it can be very frustrating and it can as well deny you the opportunity to use your patience in time of downtrend. But whichever method employed there is still need to combine both the day trading strategy with buy and hold to make maximum profit
Activity: 308
June 10, 2018, 03:42:06 PM
If you are not a exceptional trader who makes lots of money by trading, holding is always better than trading in terms of profit, these examples prove that, it is impossible to make these gains by trading.

Trading is much better more than holding because you can always earn profit in the market while holding will not make you earn more profit since there is no assurance if the coin you are holding will grow in the future or not.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
June 10, 2018, 03:39:41 PM
I do better trading than buying after holding back with a long time because when you trade you can mendaptkan profits that very much from the capital you have for trading, do not let the capital you have do something from the capital you have to be able to provide profit for you.
Activity: 14
June 10, 2018, 03:13:41 PM
Buy and hodl while you learn the basics of trading, then start doing it with small amounts.
Activity: 812
Merit: 253
June 10, 2018, 02:58:48 PM
If you are not that familiar with trading or lack of experience then the best thing you should do is to hodl. That’s the safest way for your money to profit with lesser supervision and gives you an ample time to learn more on trading.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
June 10, 2018, 02:53:19 PM
cryptocurrency is very young and unmatured market once crypto market touch one trillion dollars all the top altcoins prices will increase to 10x or 20x so holding already proved in 2017 and it will prove in this year as well
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
June 10, 2018, 02:42:22 PM
It depends on the price of coin in the market. Why would you have to trade your coins in a lower price if you can hold it and wait for it's price to rise then trade it. That'll give you more opportunity and a lot of income as well if you'll be able to trade your coins in a high price.
If you have better option than trading and selling which can make you earn higher than anything so why you are going on the opposite side of it, holding had been great opportunity of earning and it will keep on earning good income for us. I always suggest all my family and friends to hold their investment as it is the only way for successful trading, trading now will be panic trading which gets you low profit/.
Activity: 322
June 09, 2018, 11:28:23 AM
Trading or HODL

The goal of most investors generally is to buy low and sell high. This can result in two quite different approaches to equity investing.

One approach is described as "trading." Trading involves following the short-term price fluctuations of different stocks closely and then trying to buy low and sell high. Traders usually decide ahead of time the percentage increase they're looking for before you sell (or decrease before they buy).

While trading has tremendous potential for immediate rewards, it also involves a fair share of risk because a stock may not recover from a downswing within the time frame you'd like—and may in fact drop further in price. In addition, frequent trading can be expensive, since every time you buy and sell, you may pay broker's fees for the transaction.

Be aware that trading should not be confused with "day trading," which is the rapid buying and selling of stock to capitalize on small price changes. Day trading can be extremely risky, especially if you attempt to day trade using borrowed money. Individual investors frequently lose money by trying to use this approach.

A very different investing strategy—called buy-and-hold—involves keeping an investment over an extended period, anticipating that the price will rise over time. While buy-and-hold reduces the money you pay in transaction fees and short-term capital gains taxes, it requires patience and careful decision-making. As a buy-and-hold investor, you generally choose tokens based on a company's long-term business prospects. Increases in the coin price over years tend to be based less on the volatile nature of the market's changing demands and more on what's known as the company's fundamentals, such as its earnings and sales, the expertise and vision of its management.

Such a strategy can be super profitable. Here are some examples:
  Spectrecoin  +48228%
  Neo  +90450%
  Ethereum  +95390%
  IOTA  +105505%
  NXT  +391776%
(data for the end of 2017)

And how do you think, share your views on the pros and cons of trading and long-term hold in the comments.
You can see that the market is constantly fluctuating strongly when bitcoin prices are constantly adjusting, the price of bitcoin adjustment for altcoin prices plummeted and recovery is very slow. The market is in the primary bear market, so I think you should trade short-term by day so that you can minimize risk and make a profit in a safe way.
Pages:
Jump to: