Pages:
Author

Topic: Transaction fee too high? - page 3. (Read 2685 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
April 23, 2014, 07:51:47 AM
I don't think fees is too much high its still very low from many other methods
I think it is true. Other fees for electron money are XX?? higher than digital currency trading fees...
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
April 23, 2014, 07:48:46 AM
The current default fee in 0.9 is 0.00001 BTC which is half a cent. This changed recently. It's not a lot.

However there are still lots of miners that don't respect the new fee and transactions with that particular fee might be slower.

As for microtransactions, there are other ways to do that. It would be more economical to put lots of small transactions together and make 1 larger transaction out of them. So I'd prefer that sort of thing to be done differently.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
April 23, 2014, 07:47:27 AM
I don't think fees is too much high its still very low from many other methods
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
April 23, 2014, 07:45:29 AM
If we really want micropayments to work with bitcoin, the transaction fee has to be lower.

It would be amazing to see bitcoin being used to pay $0.01 to read an online article that used to behind a subscription-based paywall.

But even with bitcoin, the fees are too high.  Can they be reduced before mass adoption is achieved to avoid a chicken and egg problem?

Transaction Fees

This release drops the default fee required to relay transactions across the network and for miners to consider the transaction in their blocks to 0.01mBTC per kilobyte.

This is 0.5 cents !!!
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
April 23, 2014, 07:37:51 AM
If we really want micropayments to work with bitcoin, the transaction fee has to be lower.

It would be amazing to see bitcoin being used to pay $0.01 to read an online article that used to behind a subscription-based paywall.

But even with bitcoin, the fees are too high.  Can they be reduced before mass adoption is achieved to avoid a chicken and egg problem?

0.0001 BTC is now nearly 5 cents. Not too high for most transactions.

You can send transactions without fees but it will take a while before they reach the receipient.
Activity: 952
Merit: 281
April 23, 2014, 07:32:17 AM

Pages:
Jump to: