Pages:
Author

Topic: Transaction FEES 0.00133153 BTC !!! - page 4. (Read 5005 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 22, 2017, 09:13:49 AM
But bitcoin segwit activation takes care of this tx fee problem by lowering the fees right?
I thought that was suppose to be the deal but right now its very uncertain, last week i made a transaction and i paid as low as $0.30 for the transaction fee and just this morning, i tried to made a similar transaction with the same amount and blockchain.info wants me to pay $2 for transaction fee which is very ridiculous by the way.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
August 22, 2017, 08:29:59 AM
Transaction fees have increased but that does not mean you have to pay it. It is just the case when you want fast confirmations. If you can wait and give time, the dues won't be that high. The fees have risen due to large number of transactions being made from all over the world. If you want to be served first in millions, then you must be prepared to pay more.

With the backlog now growing over 60,000 transactions, the chances are that low-fee transactions will never get confirmed. Even transactions which are paying up to 200 Sat/Byte as fee are getting confirmed after 3-4 hours. Low-fee transactions, where the fee is less than 50 Sat/Byte may never get confirmed and the coins will be returned to the sender after a few days.
Activity: 910
Merit: 502
August 22, 2017, 07:47:42 AM
You don't have to pay that high, unless you want the transaction be acknowledge in next block. If you can wait 5 or more blocks then you pay much less fee.

Exactly, there are ways around the high fees but it seems people are finding it difficult to come to terms with it. I don't know why but it seems these guys are only using web wallets which suggest these fees to them without alternatives.
Transaction fees have increased but that does not mean you have to pay it. It is just the case when you want fast confirmations. If you can wait and give time, the dues won't be that high. The fees have risen due to large number of transactions being made from all over the world. If you want to be served first in millions, then you must be prepared to pay more.
Activity: 266
Merit: 256
August 21, 2017, 11:10:28 PM
But bitcoin segwit activation takes care of this tx fee problem by lowering the fees right?

Miners prioritize which txs get included in the 1MB block based on the fee, so transactions with higher fees get included sooner.  By reducing the amount of space each tx takes up, there can be more of them per block. So yes, the result of this should be a decrease in the tx fee.  However, as bitcoin grows in popularity and there are more and more txs, 1MB per block will really start to slow things down and increase fees again.
Activity: 406
Merit: 110
August 21, 2017, 10:38:08 PM
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
August 21, 2017, 10:21:50 PM
Just now make a withdraw from Bitgrail and it take 0.00133153 BTC ($5.49 ) as a fee !! (https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/tx/cdf1dc891dfc0bd827b3b4f442ab5095e5073486bce9711fde859da7fccf7ecb) Oh my God! I think it's too many fees for a transation. How to overcome this high fee? Do you follow any special tips to overcome high Bitcoin fee?
Badly i need to know any good tips about it. Someone help me please.
Best regards
Mkmanik
Lmao…you haven’t seen nothing. Seems like all exchangers are charging the same.fee. I also made a withdrawal from Xapo yesterday, and got charged about the same $5 for withdrawal, lol. I don’t really how much other wallets might be charging, but Xapo makes things quite easy for, due to some of the things I had to do.
Let us hope that the fees finally get lower because to pay 5 dollars for a transaction seems to be very high, if I had the choice to adjust the rate, I will put the lowest possible since most of the time I do not need my money to arrive right away to my wallet.
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
August 20, 2017, 11:58:01 PM
You don't have to pay that high, unless you want the transaction be acknowledge in next block. If you can wait 5 or more blocks then you pay much less fee.

Exactly, there are ways around the high fees but it seems people are finding it difficult to come to terms with it. I don't know why but it seems these guys are only using web wallets which suggest these fees to them without alternatives.
Activity: 770
Merit: 605
August 20, 2017, 11:24:36 PM
Activity: 1148
Merit: 500
August 20, 2017, 11:20:26 PM
That sucks. You can't do anything about that since that's their normal fee implemented and so as other wallets. So you don't have to wait for long time. $5 is expensive for transaction fee. Maybe you should just not send bitcoin too often. Having bitcoin these days is very expensive. Expensive price and expensive fees. Is there any way to make it cheaper and faster at the same time?
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
August 20, 2017, 10:45:10 PM
The fees are becoming a problem yes. Which one of the popular altcoins have fast transactions (under 30 minutes) and low transaction fees?
A coin like this have a big advantage over bitcoin. I'm not saying bitcoin will be overthrown, but some altcoin could get close to bitcoin's 24h Volume, just because of bitcoin's high transaction fees.

24Volume of what?  Trade ? That is irrelevant.
Coins moved? Again irrelevant. Loaded for example could fake 160 million $ worth of transactions just by moving his coin from one wallet to another.

Look at altcash.
Confirmations are faster. And? 10 tx per block? Nobody is using it and for a good reason. There is nothing to do with the coin other than moving in and out of exchanges.

That is something new to hear. The transaction fees are fluctuating at an abrupt pace. It is probably due to the increase in its demand. I also feel anxiety and chaos among BTC users. You got charged with 5 dollars for your withdrawal but what was the amount that you withdrew. I mean how can we know is the transaction fee really high?

It's somewhat of a fixed fee. No matter how much you try to withdraw. Like the traditional withdraw fee we once had at... ironic isn't it?  ... banks.

It's a mandatory fee that is charged by the service.
Nothing to do with the tx you normally pay.

Activity: 840
Merit: 516
August 20, 2017, 04:08:47 PM
Just now make a withdraw from Bitgrail and it take 0.00133153 BTC ($5.49 ) as a fee !! (https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/tx/cdf1dc891dfc0bd827b3b4f442ab5095e5073486bce9711fde859da7fccf7ecb) Oh my God! I think it's too many fees for a transation. How to overcome this high fee? Do you follow any special tips to overcome high Bitcoin fee?
Best regards
Mkmanik
Lmao…you haven’t seen nothing. Seems like all exchangers are charging the same.fee. I also made a withdrawal from Xapo yesterday, and got charged about the same $5 for withdrawal, lol. I don’t really how much other wallets might be charging, but Xapo makes things quite easy for, due to some of the things I had to do.
That is something new to hear. The transaction fees are fluctuating at an abrupt pace. It is probably due to the increase in its demand. I also feel anxiety and chaos among BTC users. You got charged with 5 dollars for your withdrawal but what was the amount that you withdrew. I mean how can we know is the transaction fee really high?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
August 18, 2017, 03:03:44 PM
Best regards
Mkmanik

I think it is just normal and every trading sites does that ,
If you think that they are overcharging it then just stop using their site and look for another one.
Activity: 574
August 18, 2017, 03:01:43 PM
Get Bitcoin Cash before it's too late.
Activity: 798
Merit: 527
August 18, 2017, 02:56:59 PM
google tells me that bitgrail is a small exchange! if you paid 0.0013BTC in fees then there is nothing you can do about it, you can complain to that exchange why they are taking that big a fee from you. or stop using it and use another exchange that takes a smaller fee for withdrawals. for example i heard that poloniex and bitstamp are taking 0.0001BTC fee!

I have the same advise with OP...if there is a chance you can use another good service aside from this Bitgrail then do so. Bitgrail must be charging more than what the miners are charging because it too want to have some profits in all transactions that it handled...sometimes we also have to understand that they are in business and as such have to make some handsome profits along the way. It is all your choice now to leave or not to leave.
In my opinion, all the exchanges will raise the charges. This is the best time for them to make huge profits also. Amount of BTC users have increased tremendously now. But is at the present, some exchanges will not charge with high amounts will definitely have more users in future. It is better to go for those exchanges.
Activity: 986
Merit: 516
August 17, 2017, 04:39:23 AM
I am paying for about 4 USD for my transaction using Electrum.

I am getting 2 confirmations after 10 minutes (~about one block created). Is this normal?

Note: I rebroadcasted the fees so maybe for rebroadcast there is a "double spend" warning, not sure if this causing any delay.

Electrum is a desktop/hardware wallet so it's not the fact about my transaction. I am talking about an exchange platform which one cost me too many fees for making a transaction. so why I wrote this post if I got any alternative solutions.But this site (Bitgrail)has no good alt coin so why I couldn't find any good alternative.

And you are getting 2confirmaton within 10 minutes it's a good sound.
you don't need to wait a long time for compleating a transaction.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
August 16, 2017, 04:18:06 AM
The fees are becoming a problem yes. Which one of the popular altcoins have fast transactions (under 30 minutes) and low transaction fees?
A coin like this have a big advantage over bitcoin. I'm not saying bitcoin will be overthrown, but some altcoin could get close to bitcoin's 24h Volume, just because of bitcoin's high transaction fees.
Activity: 756
August 16, 2017, 04:09:52 AM
Best regards
Mkmanik

Though in your case, you used an exchange and it took much from you, but i actually did a transaction from blockchain wallet before a day and charged me $3 for the transaction and it was the average fee given there. I thought it was too much. Before i used to pay around $0.3 as fees but now they are increasing and it made me worried somehow if what will happen next.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
August 16, 2017, 03:50:06 AM
This is reason to believe bitcoin will be dethroned in the future once people figure out the high fees and slow transaction time.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
August 16, 2017, 03:39:23 AM
Bittrex charged me similar fees last month. Wonder why there is big difference in fees across exchanges
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
August 16, 2017, 02:06:44 AM
I am paying for about 4 USD for my transaction using Electrum.

I am getting 2 confirmations after 10 minutes (~about one block created). Is this normal?

Note: I rebroadcasted the fees so maybe for rebroadcast there is a "double spend" warning, not sure if this causing any delay.

The average fee has increased considerably during the last 4-5 days. Right now around 42,000 unconfirmed transactions are in the queue, amounting to some 52MB. This issue will remain, until the implementation of the higher block size limit in November. Yesterday I paid 200 Sat/Byte for my transaction and even then it took 1 hour to get 3 confirmations.
Pages:
Jump to: