Pages:
Author

Topic: Transfer My Entire Savings to Cryptocurrencies? - page 14. (Read 4040 times)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255
Really you have taken a wrong decision because the crypto market is unpredictable and which cannot able to predict when the price will increase. Investing all your entire money into cryptos is gambling, but you need to wait long term until you make profits on your investment.
Activity: 616
Merit: 262
There are those who got lucky because they put all their savings in something that is profitable which includes cryptocurrencies but putting all your savings in crypto is just being careless for me. Yes you could earn a lot more if the price will surge and your profit will multiply a lot of times but one wrong move could ruin it all. This is the reason why diversification is always advice when it comes to investing because there is always an inherent risk that your investment will be lost. What if your wallet will be hacked then you just lost all your hard-earned savings right there. You should just left some in your stocks as you claimed that it is insured and then put some in crypto. Maybe have your own business too so that you can have another source of income. The key here is diversification to reduce the risk of losing your funds.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
I am at a point in my my young life where I need to make a decision about my finances. I have a good amount of money saved up in my Robinhood account, and I have been putting it in the stock exchange, making a steady but positive return. Keyword here is positive. I am very conflicted right now because I think I can earn more money trading cryptocurrencies, but the risks are so much greater.

I have a couple good alt-coins in mind that I would like to buy, but don't have the capital because it's all tied up in stocks. Also, is there even a reputable enough exchange that I can put ~$50,000 in and not worry about it getting hacked or stolen? I mean, with stocks, if in the off chance that my account gets hacked, they still need verification before money can be sent, and my money is ensured by the government. With cryptocurrencies, once it's sent, I have zero chance of getting it back.

What should I do. Should I move all my money from stocks to cryptocurrencies? And if I do, which exchanges are reputable enough? I currently use Binance and have only $1000 in there.
I think you should weigh first what will be the most efficient decision. Do not put all at once whether in stocks or in cryptocurrency because it is too risky and you might lose your savings. It is actually risky we cannot deny that, but we can lessen the risk if we made the right decision. Divide your money then keep a portion of it then the remaining can be put into stocks or cryptocurrency, up to you.
Activity: 197
The most riskier thing anyone and specifically experience trader will put all his eggs in one basket. What if cryptocurrency that you invested in go out of the market. I think one must only invest the amount he or she is comfortable to lose, and this rule shouldn't ever be broken.
Invest your money as you want but leave some options for your survival and it is good to keep some money in bank accounts, because if you want cash money you will not need to sell your coins but if you have no cash in hand or in account then you will have to sell some of your coins and of the price down you may lose your money. Better to keep small cash in hand.

If reducing the risk is the main idea here, it's not a good idea to put all the funds in cryptocurrencies. Some portion should stay in ounce gold, dollars, or in saving accounts as a fiat money. A more efficient type of investment.
Activity: 382
Merit: 104
❤️❤️❤️
I don't think you should transfer all your funds to crypto. I believe that Fiat is very useful for purchasing on the low market.
Activity: 134
Merit: 0
I would not do that. This is very dangerous. You should only invest 60% of your money. This is safer if you are at risk. This is a very profitable market, but its risk is very high.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
The most riskier thing anyone and specifically experience trader will put all his eggs in one basket. What if cryptocurrency that you invested in go out of the market. I think one must only invest the amount he or she is comfortable to lose, and this rule shouldn't ever be broken.
Invest your money as you want but leave some options for your survival and it is good to keep some money in bank accounts, because if you want cash money you will not need to sell your coins but if you have no cash in hand or in account then you will have to sell some of your coins and of the price down you may lose your money. Better to keep small cash in hand.
Activity: 406
No one will tell you what to do. You must decide for yourself. We can only remind you that you can not invest all the money. And that it is necessary to diversify the risks
Activity: 602
Merit: 102
Cryptocurrency has proven overtime to be a good investment. Regardless, it is actually not advisable to transfer an entire saving to cryptocurrencies. In my own opinion, i think some should be reserved just should in case you happen to incur some losses while trading. You should atleast then have a back-up.
Activity: 434
Merit: 175
It wpuld be wise if you spread it also to gold not all of it going to crypto. I believe crypto is the futures of store of value but you need to consider the wild market in crypto. Its your own decision to male but we as community will say " dont put your eggs in one basket " buy 30% of it to gold and 30% for fiat and the 40% put on crypto.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
Putting all our savings into cryptocurrency is like gambling for me. But yes, it's a matter of decision. Those who dare to take risks are the ones who may be able to laugh very wide in the end.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
I would like to have some savings, but in my place many of neighbours dont have those, so I can put only my earnings there =)
Activity: 130
Merit: 5
I am at a point in my my young life where I need to make a decision about my finances. I have a good amount of money saved up in my Robinhood account, and I have been putting it in the stock exchange, making a steady but positive return. Keyword here is positive. I am very conflicted right now because I think I can earn more money trading cryptocurrencies, but the risks are so much greater.

I have a couple good alt-coins in mind that I would like to buy, but don't have the capital because it's all tied up in stocks. Also, is there even a reputable enough exchange that I can put ~$50,000 in and not worry about it getting hacked or stolen? I mean, with stocks, if in the off chance that my account gets hacked, they still need verification before money can be sent, and my money is ensured by the government. With cryptocurrencies, once it's sent, I have zero chance of getting it back.

What should I do. Should I move all my money from stocks to cryptocurrencies? And if I do, which exchanges are reputable enough? I currently use Binance and have only $1000 in there.

In the world of trading and investment diversification is still the best strategy. I just hope that you did not commit mistake by pulling your all money in favour to cryptocurrency. You have to maintain your composure during this kind of urge of putting your all savings. Your life may get ruin if these turns to sour.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105

In my friendly advise mate, much better If you don't put everything In a single round, Instead of diversify your porfolio to minimize the risk of your Investment you take. Its a good decision,  If you keep 50% on stock exchange then 50% as well Into crypto curreny.
Activity: 107

I think you should think many times before making a decision, that is kinda risky and can cost you loss of wealth. Cryptocurrency is somehow risky because we do not know what is going to happen to a certain coin. If you are doubting and still wants to go, better divide your money, the other will be put into crypto and observe first if it is the right thing to do.
Activity: 196
Transferring all your savings into cryptocurrencies is not a wise decision considering the unstable price of bitcoin and altcoins in the market.It might caused you big losses in the coming days or months.Better plan ahead what are promising coins in the future before investing and please don't put all your savings into crypto.Set aside some for your daily expenses.
Activity: 224
so the risk is very high. I recommend having a specific investment plan, deducting your savings for investment, should not put all your money into electronic money. Although that is your decision, but in my opinion I would not recommend investing all that money.
Activity: 490
Merit: 262
privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond
It is good decision to invest in cryptocurrency but putting all investment at one place is risky,Invest in stable different coins becasue if one side you loosing another side you will be safe.It is also saying by experts dont put all eggs in one box .Keep ib mind dont believe in rumors and dont sell in panic ups and down part of market so never cash out till meet the profit.
There would be some of the advantages of putting your money to make more it to be grow for that you may have some profit than just staying it on a one place but make sure that youve been see when would you put it.
Yeah there might be advantages but we know how crypto investment can be very risky and putting all of your savings would give a lot more risk. Honestly, it was a good idea but I don't think that I will be gaining at this kind of way plus the fact that I don't have a huge money to put into investments. I have only saved up money because of earning from signature campaigns. @mega link mentioned about experts saying to not putting all eggs in one basket and I believe in it, it is a much better idea to diversify rather than putting all in one coin. Though we have a big belief that bitcoin will be bigger in the future, it is still hard to put our money in a big risk, somehow we will still doubt cryptos.
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
Putting all the eggs in a single basket will not be a a good decision.Instead you can split the savings into three and inverse one part in bitcoin,second part in Altcoin and third part in any stocks.If you split the savings means, you can get money from any of this on the Emergency.
Activity: 236
Merit: 10
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
Even bitcoin is almost trusted in cryptocurrency world there are still a big risk with it because crypto currency is so volatle and we dont know when to dump of when to pump. I suggest you to divide you savings to 3 to 5 parts before investing.
Pages:
Jump to: