Pages:
Author

Topic: Trezor or Ledger? - page 6. (Read 1411 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
February 05, 2018, 11:25:13 AM
Both wallet are secure.  Just be sure to buy a brandnew one. Smiley
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
February 05, 2018, 10:21:13 AM
I would choose ledger nano over trezor because i dont want a bulky thing inside my pocket,but either of the two would be a great option because these two are the most secured hardwallets today.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
February 05, 2018, 09:40:41 AM
I prefer a small wallet than a bulky wallet like trezor,ledger and trezor are almost the same but the thing is they are both super secured hardwallets either the two will give you 99% protection,but for me i wanted ledger nano s because of its cute size and it is very pocketable.
Activity: 8
February 05, 2018, 09:11:32 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Trezor had some issues with security a couple of weeks or months ago.
I also plan to buy either Trezor or Ledger but I think I'll get Ledger because it support more coins, it looks more rigid.

+ Also for those of you who's familiar with Engineering, there's a Youtuber who claims that Ledger's somewhat more secure than Trezor.

A title of the video is "EEVblog #1048 - Ledger Nano S Crypto Hardware Wallet"
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
February 05, 2018, 07:59:27 AM
I was going to buy a hardware wallet and I read a lot of comments here. I think I would buy Trezor even though it costs more because people value it higher.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 305
February 05, 2018, 07:53:16 AM
Trezor at the moment is the most reliable purse!
And I wanted to buy a Ledger first, since it was a little cheaper))  Grin Grin

Either buy an inexpensive computer that will only be used for operations with coins, and the rest of the time will be turned off.
Activity: 378
Decentralized Digital Billboards
February 05, 2018, 07:48:33 AM
I do not prefer all 3rd party wallets, first i think electrum good because dont need download full blockchain then finded vulnerability on them, now Ledger.
Who next ?
Developers wallets best
Activity: 8
February 05, 2018, 07:41:11 AM
https://cryptocurrency.tech/v-apparatnom-koshelke-ledger-obnaruzhena-uyazvimost/
In this short article you can read how to protect your wallet.
For those, who can't do it, I can say on short: check the adress before sending money. Wallet can change it automatically, so you will send your tokens to sb Unknown. So try to pay attention to the adress all the time and check all characters of it.

Thanks for a head-ups!

Btw, which wallet do you use?
Activity: 327
Merit: 101
February 05, 2018, 04:22:07 AM
https://cryptocurrency.tech/v-apparatnom-koshelke-ledger-obnaruzhena-uyazvimost/
In this short article you can read how to protect your wallet.
For those, who can't do it, I can say on short: check the adress before sending money. Wallet can change it automatically, so you will send your tokens to sb Unknown. So try to pay attention to the adress all the time and check all characters of it.
Activity: 67
February 02, 2018, 03:36:23 PM
I also agree that both purses are good enough. Personally, I bought Trezor, because there was a good discount and fast delivery. But in fact there is no difference what to buy. However, be careful and do not buy fakes. Only in the country and on the manufacturer's website.

Yeah. Heard that no need to buy those which have already been used. They say that the previous owner can reclaim the wallet, and with it the money.
Activity: 450
Merit: 100
February 02, 2018, 12:22:31 AM
Which hardware wallet to choose? What wallet have you got? Which one is secure? What altcoins can be allocated there?
Ledger Nano S ia the most popular hardware wallet and more secure. Although Trezor also good. But if you check the price of those two type wallet, Then you can see Ledger wallet Cost less Than Trezor.
And All erc20 token will be support in ledger wallet.
Activity: 13
Merit: 4
February 02, 2018, 12:04:59 AM
Trezor is a little bit bulky in my pockets,ledger nano s is a very handy compare to trezor but i can say they are both secured wallets,i own these two great wallets for about one and a half year,and i dont really encounter problems with these wallets,either of the two would be great to use.
February 01, 2018, 11:52:25 PM
Which hardware wallet to choose? What wallet have you got? Which one is secure? What altcoins can be allocated there?
Both ledger and trezor are safe as long as you buy it directly to its manufacturer not on a third party seller or reseller because there are some reported issue that had been hacked after buying hardware wallet on reseller. Ledger supported some cryptocurrency that trezor did not support and vise versa so before buying one better to check first what cryptocurrency they support and if they support the coin that you want to hold, you can see that on their website.
Activity: 490
February 01, 2018, 11:11:08 PM
both wallet is safest to use as a daily necessity
I further recommend Ledger, because it can save ERC20
because ICO is now widely adopting technology from Ethereum ERC20
Activity: 140
Merit: 13
First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre
February 01, 2018, 11:05:33 PM
ledger nano s supports all the erc20 tokens which trezor dont,but these two are secured wallets.

What erc20 tokens doesn't trezor support? The trezor supports Ethereum wallets which by default support all Ethereum tokens..
Activity: 14
Merit: 3
February 01, 2018, 11:00:42 PM
I prefered ledger nano s over trezor because its not bulky like trezor and i do not like to have a phone-like hardwallet and its very eye catchy for those snatchers, because in our country theres a lot of greedy people in the street and you might experience these criminalities,but still it depends on your preference these two hardwallets are very secured,so far ive been using it for about 2years and i do not encounter any problem.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
Vena.Network
February 01, 2018, 04:45:24 PM
I do not own both of them, but what should I say - Ledger is better. I read the article about their comparison and Ledger seems to be better, so it is my choice
Activity: 580
Merit: 253
Atheios.org
February 01, 2018, 04:41:12 PM
I use the ledger nano s and its very good and easy to use so I'd recommend it for sure, not had chance to try the trezor but I would have thought its just as good Smiley

Just read through this thread and seen a few people mention the ledger as been hacked or tampered with if you like, whats that about?
February 01, 2018, 04:14:20 PM
My friend decided to order himself Ledger Nano S. He praised him so well that I asked him to order me too. And I did not regret that I bought it, it's a very cool device.  Roll Eyes
the way on how we made some choice what are some of the best thing that we have to take for are depends on where we are comfortable so trezor and ledger are both good but depends on what is more profitable for you to choose, but i am telling also that they are both good.
Unfortunately I did not have a chance to try Trezor. So I can not compare these two devices. But I am sure that this is also a very worthy device.
Activity: 327
Merit: 101
February 01, 2018, 03:41:16 PM
I ordered the Ledger Nano's and look forward to it. Very sad that they are not available at the moment and will have to wait. But I'll wait and immediately transfer all your coins on him.
And as for me I have chosen Trezor. I have heard it is better than Ledger. However both wallets are very cool and my relative for instance uses Ledger. Watch this video comparing these wallets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k19YnQBjY0I
Thank you a lot for this video! I haven't seen it before. Hope it will help me to compare wallets.
Pages:
Jump to: