Pages:
Author

Topic: Trojan Wallet stealer be careful - page 4. (Read 180243 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
December 02, 2015, 09:40:05 PM
There is a (new?) trojan wallet stealer out in the wild ATM.

Plenty of script kiddies and scammers are going to be trying to get you to download and install it, what's more they'll be putting posts to do so (using lies obviously).

Don't install anything linked to on this forum, unless it's been found by someone with a good reputation to be legit. Assume everything is an attempt to steal your wallet.

You should also encrypt your wallet when not in use.
http://www.freeotfe.org/

Here is a portable apps version http://www.freeotfe.org/downloads/FreeOTFEExplorer_3_51.paf.exe

You have been warned.

Nefario

Funny!  So, if I were to click on those links, would it take me to this wallet stealing trojan?  Tricky situation there and also kinda funny.  I guess that I have been warned here.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 01, 2015, 11:43:58 PM
Thanks for the tip!
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
November 25, 2015, 10:31:14 PM

Encrypting your wallet when not in use is no protection as you have to decrypt to use it. Trojans lie in wait until an unencrypted wallet.dat is found, and some also have keyloggers to steal your password. I have been preaching bitcoin hardware wallets for a year now to encourage using Trezor or Ledger to move private keys off your laptop or phone. Once you have your bitcoin stolen you will become a believer.

Harware wallets are also not the ultimate solution, they can protect you against virtual theft but not against physical theft.

If a robber robs you with a gun and sees your hardware wallet he will force you to reveal your pasword. This case will probably be more frequent in the future than virtual trojans sneaking on your PC.

Once criminals learn abotu bitcoin, it will be more frequent than mobile phone thefts.

So hardware wallets may not be the best solution.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
November 25, 2015, 03:02:10 PM

Plenty of script kiddies and scammers are going to be trying to get you to download and install it, what's more they'll be putting posts to do so (using lies obviously).

Don't install anything linked to on this forum, unless it's been found by someone with a good reputation to be legit. Assume everything is an attempt to steal your wallet.

Here is a portable apps version http://www.freeotfe.org/downloads/FreeOTFEExplorer_3_51.paf.exe

You have been warned.

Nefario

Encrypting your wallet when not in use is no protection as you have to decrypt to use it. Trojans lie in wait until an unencrypted wallet.dat is found, and some also have keyloggers to steal your password. I have been preaching bitcoin hardware wallets for a year now to encourage using Trezor or Ledger to move private keys off your laptop or phone. Once you have your bitcoin stolen you will become a believer.
legendary
Activity: 1268
November 25, 2015, 02:31:08 PM
It would be best if you use trusted & reputable online wallets like xapo, green address or coinbase and stop worrying about your bits getting stolen! This is because those sites are highly secured and can't be hacked so easily! (thinking of hacking them is like planning to hack Google's database Tongue ) Moreover they store your bitcoins in cold wallets where hackers will never be able to reach! And did I forget mentioning that they are free and doesn't take any extra transaction or yearly account fees ?

Still, if you aren't able to fully trust them, then head on to http://bitaddress.org and create more than one paper wallets according to your needs (if you are paranoid, then download their website package from GitHub and create offline)

I think that should be enough not to worry about your wallet.dat getting compromised again.

And if you want to run bitcoin nodes and secure the blockchain by installing Bitcoin core wallet, then consider installing the best Antivirus programs like Norton 360 for extra safety.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
September 26, 2015, 12:41:16 PM
whether AVG antivirus can destroy the trojan  Huh
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
September 25, 2015, 12:51:47 PM

You have been warned.

Nefario

Thanks for the warning dude... Otherwise it could have stinked more cryptocurrencies till now....
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 23, 2015, 12:12:32 AM
Good tips
maybe I should pick a good antivirus for my computer  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
Soon, I have to go away.
September 03, 2015, 03:00:03 PM
Got some blockchain.info phishing mails de last couple of weeks... But Huh ... Wait Undecided ... That email adress is never used on blockchain.info  Roll Eyes

Its easy to shield your PC against trojans, have a decent antivirus, good firewall, and scan links before clicking it.

Like the OP with -8 negative trust expects us to click those links, maybe he is the one spreading the virus? One of the site is even down, which is strange...?
It may look strange but there is nothing to be afraid of in the OP... It's a 4 year old post...

I also got a phishing mail, I too have never used the mail on blockchain.
I traced the e-mail, below is where it came from
The first in the list is the ip origin, then it came through the others to me.
I reported and attached the mail to [email protected] 

Code:
IP Address 37.187.136.15
Location France, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Roubaix
Latitude, Longitude 50.69421, 3.17456 (50°41'39"E   3°10'28"N)
Connection through OVH SAS
Local Time 03 Sep, 2015 07:45 PM (UTC +01:00)
Net Speed T1
Area Code 03
IDD Code 33
ZIP Code 59100
Weather Station Roubaix (FRXX0084)
Mobile Country Code (MCC) -
Mobile Network Code (MNC) -
Carrier Name -
Elevation 31m
Usage Type (DCH) Data Center/Web Hosting/Transit

IP Address 198.21.6.174
Location United States, Colorado, Boulder
Latitude, Longitude 40.034107, -105.305454 (40°2'3"W   -105°18'20"N)
Connection through Sendgrid Inc.
Local Time 04 Sep, 2015 12:45 AM (UTC -06:00)
Net Speed T1
Area Code 303
IDD Code 1
ZIP Code 80302
Weather Station Boulder (USCO0038)
Carrier Name -
Elevation 1624m
Usage Type (DCH) Data Center/Web Hosting/Transit

IP Address 10.70.132.36
Location Unknown
Latitude, Longitude 0, 0
Connection through Private IP Address LAN
Local Time 03 Sep, 2015 06:45 PM (UTC -)
Net Speed -
Area Code -
IDD Code -
ZIP Code -
Weather Station -
Carrier Name -
Elevation 0m
Usage Type (RSV) Reserved

IP Address 10.25.197.212
Location Unknown
Latitude, Longitude 0, 0
Connection through Private IP Address LAN
Local Time 03 Sep, 2015 06:45 PM (UTC -)
Net Speed -
Area Code -
IDD Code -
ZIP Code -
Weather Station -
Carrier Name -
Elevation 0m
Usage Type (RSV) Reserved
Activity: 98
September 03, 2015, 12:05:04 PM
whether the Trojan can steal all bitcoin we have ?? if that's right, that be so dangerous  Sad
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
August 22, 2015, 04:49:34 PM
Got some blockchain.info phishing mails de last couple of weeks... But Huh ... Wait Undecided ... That email adress is never used on blockchain.info  Roll Eyes

Its easy to shield your PC against trojans, have a decent antivirus, good firewall, and scan links before clicking it.

Like the OP with -8 negative trust expects us to click those links, maybe he is the one spreading the virus? One of the site is even down, which is strange...?
It may look strange but there is nothing to be afraid of in the OP... It's a 4 year old post...
Activity: 854
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
August 22, 2015, 03:38:44 PM

Activity: 81
August 22, 2015, 10:27:44 AM
Trojan horse viruses are very dangerous.
If it can affect our wallet then there will be no safety to our bit coins also. Thanks for the tip.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
August 17, 2015, 08:08:14 AM
Thanks for the tip!
legendary
Soon, I have to go away.
August 15, 2015, 08:27:58 PM
So any how this was from ages ago when my wallet got got hacked

This is a follow-up to your previous request #39682 "HACKED WALLET"

Hello

Why can I not send this amount out from my wallet

0.0001235 btc
yet the the last transaction out is of a similar amount ,it was made by the hacker, not me? this is one of his many wallets 1EkF4Ja2ZJXwh1seskMTCgngQiUhuUCfu7
This hacker takes without paying fees

Block chain could not help me regarding this, the hacker could take funds but I could not

This is where blockchain lets you down, they dont even give rewards for reporting these type of scammers /trojans/thieves.

Red denotes Hacker

legendary
Soon, I have to go away.
August 15, 2015, 08:18:46 PM
Jade (Blockchain)

Hello,

This is definitely a scam email - DO NOT click on any of the links. Blockchain.info will never ask for your passwords or private account information via email. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We can initiate a takedown of phishing sites like this with the URL, but again, be sure to *never* click on it.

Thank you.

But I do take the risk to get the real IP of the sender.

I ddos the fucker  Cheesy

legendary
Soon, I have to go away.
August 15, 2015, 08:10:33 PM
Here is another thing I done for my bitcoin loving family.

I also reported this to blockchain

Something else for you to investigate.

Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 12:52 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Bitcoin Wallet Stealer + Other Wallets. Make Money Fast!

Want to make some fast money using Bitcoin?

Why not Steal other peoples valuable wallets?

You can do just that with the following code.

https://www.blahblahblah/shop/AugShop

Only priced at 1.5 BTC, Usually 5 BTC, You can send the code to anyone and it will upload their wallets to an FTP server of your choice.
The Fun thing is, They wont even know you have their wallet until its too late!

Did you know that most people do not encrypt their wallets?

Supported Wallets

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Paycoin
Darkcoin
Dash
Namecoin
Any Other Coin You Wish!

So why not join the fun and get rich like everyone else. Download WalletStealer today. Edit the simple code using AutoIT and send to people and get rich!

https://www.blahblahblah.com/shop/AugShop

Regards,

Josh Michael

Red denotes dangerous link
legendary
Soon, I have to go away.
August 15, 2015, 07:53:44 PM
Also this one I reported.

Aug 7, 08:14

What follows is a hack mail to me, I gathered some information about it, I attached the e-mail for your security to look at.
Regards

Received: from server44.zamahost.com ([170.178.182.194]) by COL004-MC4F24.hotmail.com over TLS secured channel with Microsoft SMTPSVC(7.5.7601.23008); Fri, 7 Aug 2015 04:42:07 -0700
Received: from globalfx by server44.zamahost.com with local (Exim 4.85) (envelope-from <[email protected]>) id 1ZNg2H-002QDF-8v [email protected]; Fri, 07 Aug 2015 17:12:05 +0530

The source IP address is 170.178.182.194.
Geo-Location Information

Country United States
State/Region NV
City Las Vegas
Latitude 36.0768
Longitude -115.0891
Area Code 702

Whois:
The IP address 170.178.182.194 appears to have been assigned by the American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN). ARIN is the Regional Internet Registry (RIR) for the United States, Canada, and several islands in the Caribbean Sea and North Atlantic Ocean.

For details, see the additional information about IP address 170.178.182.194 at ARIN

http://whois.arin.net/rest/ip/170.178.182.194

Attachment(s)
Your My Wallet account has been locked.eml

I saved a lot of you for reporting this

legendary
Soon, I have to go away.
August 15, 2015, 07:45:50 PM
We all now that wallet stealers are out there, but this post a sticky "WHY"  anything to download here is gone, I run it through my virus detector the first time I posted here about it.... suspicious was the result I was look looking for the download again to run it under a different detecter.

I actually have a link for a wallet stealer I reported it to Zendesk it goes something like this...

Your Blockchain account needs to be verified.

We will reset the chains from your wallet. If you have funds please verify you account and your wallet don't will be erased. We don't are responsible if you lose your funds for not make the verification. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Best Regards.

Start the verification process here

I keep these type of mails so I can IP track the mofos
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
August 15, 2015, 06:23:48 PM
Is the trojan stealer primarily target offline wallet or online wallet?

Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: