Pages:
Author

Topic: Trump security adviser unveils new U.S. sanctions to pressure Cuba, Venezuela - page 3. (Read 557 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
I also don't think the sanctions will affect the crypto price, but this will affect the countries and i hope on future all countries somehow to make decent jobs for people and they can live from jobs and also get enough money so they can economy a part.
Activity: 658
Merit: 117
I doubt if the sanction will directly impact crypto in any way, besides, since the heightened inflation in Venezuela, the level of Bitcoin usage hasn't changed much - it's not like it matters much that the citizens are gradually becoming dependent on Bitcoin.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
Venezuelans using bitcoin is not threatened. Since the price is regulated by the market, not the us government. Perhaps the sanctions will affect only the main economy(agriculture for example). For other aspects, there are cryptocurrency moreover, has its own El Petro coin.

Petro coins is scam.

I guess bitcoin has been established in Venezuela already and as inflation goes up, more people will tend to see bitcoin as their saviour. The blackouts recently cause a lot of problems and if you are a bitcoin miner in Venezuela then you are heavily affected by it.

As fas as use case, well it has been proven already so I guess these recent sanctions will just push people to really go and use bitcoin as a hedge, imho.
Activity: 980
Merit: 132
Venezuelans using bitcoin is not threatened. Since the price is regulated by the market, not the us government. Perhaps the sanctions will affect only the main economy(agriculture for example). For other aspects, there are cryptocurrency moreover, has its own El Petro coin.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
I would make it short and simple:-

It won't affect the cryptocurrency in any way .
Since the cryptocurrency is already being regulated by the IS government and Bitcoins is doing good enough with some restrictions then I don't think they are doing this in relationship with Bitcoins or any other cryptocurrencies.
Cuba's leader needs to be pressurized so that he doesn't take over the step of the former leader .
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
Trump security adviser unveils new U.S. sanctions to pressure Cuba, Venezuela

MIAMI (Reuters) - U.S. national security adviser John Bolton announced a series of new sanctions against Cuba and Venezuela on Wednesday as the Trump administration sought to boost pressure on Venezuelan leader Nicolas Maduro and the countries that support him.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-politics-bolton/trump-security-adviser-bolton-unveils-new-u-s-sanctions-to-pressure-cuba-idUSKCN1RT29X

Do you think that the pressure on Maduro will be that effective? And what does it mean to Venezuelans who's into bitcoin already? Will this sanctions be another use case how bitcoin is really going to be used a medium of exchange?

Last February I posted this one Bitcoin Trading In Venezuela Keeps Setting New Records and it seems this trend will continue.

Pages:
Jump to: