Pages:
Author

Topic: [TUTORIAL] How to extract Bitcoin Gold from a 2fa Electrum Wallet [STEP BY STEP] - page 3. (Read 1818 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
I claimed my btg with success..

regards

Question.

I set up Ethereum wallets in September for three of my relatives and put some bitcoin in them. They have had no activity, hence they all only have one key pair of interest.

One later set up 2FA - I am not sure if this was done before or after the 10-24 fork date.

Now I'm getting around to helping them with the BTG retrieval.

The non-2FA wallets are easy.

The one that was converted to 2FA - if this was done AFTER 10-24, wouldn't a pre 2FA seed word set work to recreate the one private key that is of interest?

(not sure how a conversion to 2FA works but it seems it would require a new seed word sequence and hence an entirely new set of key pairs)
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Thankyou but i figured out what was wrong...

You cant reduce fee amount from signrawtransaction... only on createrawtransaction..

So the correct step is

Amount from createrawtransaction = Amount - Fee

Amount from signrawtrasaction = total amount from transactionid where you can

I claimed my btg with success..

regards

Activity: 2
HCP, could you maybe help me?

I followed this tutorial and I'm on the step where you run commands in the Bitcoin Gold Debug window. I am able to create a transaction just fine. But when I try to sign it for the first time I get:

Error: std::bad_alloc

I have verified my command several times and everything appears to be correct. I have no clue what this error message means or how to fix it.

Thanks!

Well I guess you have to ask for help in order to figure it out yourself. For some reason it worked if I decreased by BTG amount in the Create Transaction command. I was sure to leave a little off of it for miner fee, but when I took a little more off of it it worked.
Activity: 2
HCP, could you maybe help me?

I followed this tutorial and I'm on the step where you run commands in the Bitcoin Gold Debug window. I am able to create a transaction just fine. But when I try to sign it for the first time I get:

Error: std::bad_alloc

I have verified my command several times and everything appears to be correct. I have no clue what this error message means or how to fix it.

Thanks!
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
Yes, that "error" is normal... it is basically telling you that the transaction is only "partially signed"... so it is "not valid" (ie. you cannot broadcast it)... when you do the second signrawtransaction you should see the big "HEX"... and then:

"complete": true

i was doing correctly...

i ran a code again, but on first signrawtransation is returning an error:
 "error": "Operation not valid with the current stack size"

this should be ignored? and move on hex code for next sign?

HCP
legendary
can someone help? im stucked on last step and got this message..

mandatory-script-verify-flag-failed (Signature must be zero for failed CHECK(MULTI)SIG operation) (code -26)
Sounds like you only signed the transaction with 1 private key... you need to sign with at least two private keys as it is a "2-of-3" wallet.

Also, when signing with the 2nd key (2nd signrawtransaction), make sure you use the output from the 1st signrawtransaction command as the HEX, so the flow is:

createrawtransaction -> unsignedHEX -> 1st signrawtransaction -> partially_signedHEX -> 2nd signrawtransaction -> fully_signedHEX -> sendrawtransaction
can someone help? im stucked on last step and got this message..

mandatory-script-verify-flag-failed (Signature must be zero for failed CHECK(MULTI)SIG operation) (code -26)

what can i do? =/

Activity: 21
Then it sounds like the "REALLYLONG_RAW_TRANSACTION_HASH" you have used has not copy/pasted properly or is incomplete or something... that would be the only "TX" that it is attempting to decode at that point...

Do u have Telegram? Write me your Telegram ID? Cant find you in Skype ..
Activity: 29
Merit: 11
are you pasting the whole line from the wallet file? like this:
"xprv": "xprv9uEDMxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcDp3boP"

or are you just copy/pasting the actual text... NO " marks etc: xprv9uEDMxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcDp3boP

Huh

NOTE: it should be just the actual text: xprvblahBlaHblAH

HCP, we meet again Smiley

I have the same problem: the xprv seems not to have a normal format even though the file is not encrypted. It does not start with xprv, but instead contains "+" or "/" in between and ends with "="

Interesstingly, the x1/ and x2/ private keys are different with every electrum version i use even though I'm using the same seed words to restore the walletevery time.

EDIT: I'm a fucking idiot: I always created a unencrypted wallet, but still set a password. Leaving the password field empty solves all problems.

Activity: 9
@ApproximateSunlight

Thank you very much! That guide is a master piece. Super easy to follow and do the steps by yourself! Thats need to be tipped so here u have my small piece!

I need to say it one more time: This is really great work! Even the guy that doesn't know anything about computer would do this but it seemed like a Pro-level thing to do when i was reading other "guides". Great work one more time!!
Activity: 19
"xprv": "xprv9uEDMxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcDp3boP"

or are you just copy/pasting the actual text... NO " marks etc: xprv9uEDMxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcDp3boP

Huh

I tried only the actual text. I mean I tried many ways but I know it has to be only the text without " ".  But it just shows invalid root :/
HCP
legendary
Give btgexp.com a go... Although that won't work if you put a BTC address in... But will work if you put in TXIDs from your BTC wallet and will show the BTG addresses, so you can then search using that address and see the final balance. Bit tricky to work out what is spent and what isn't tho
Activity: 5
btgexplorer.com is currently not working. Is there any alternative that also shows the tx id, final balance and the unspent amount?
HCP
legendary

Huh

Activity: 19
I get stuck when I have to put x1/ xprv code on Mnemonic Code Converter. It shows "Invalid root Key". Tried it couple of times, with and without commas etc.
https://ibb.co/cBiv76

Have you done this?

In "BIP32 Root Key" box paste the x1 /xprv from BTG.txt we created, select “BIP32” and in Client select “Custom derivation path”, in “BIP32 Derivation Path” leave “m/0”

WHAT TO DO WITH CHANGE ADDRESSES:
Ok I said that this was only for “Change” addresses, let’s discuss about “Change” addresses (https://i.imgur.com/aZ7XHJd.png):

There is only one simple thing that changes:
In the step where we paste the x1 /xprv and the x2 /xprv code in iancoleman website you need to select “m/1” instead of “m/0” in “BIP32 Derivation Path”.
That’s it.

It doesn't work. I tried many ways but it always shows 'Invalid root key'. I don't understand, I check the x1/ xprv in the wallet file few times...
HCP
legendary
The point where I get stuck is when I am trying to sign the first transaction. The BTC Core Console gives me

13:22:39

Invalid private key (code -5)

I have of course used the xprv as instructed from the rebuilt Electrum wallet and have managed to get all other transaction IDs and hashes etc.
Are you typing in the xprv for the signrawtransaction command or are you going in the WIF private key (starts with "5", "K" or "L")? Huh

You cannot type in the xprv... You need to get the individual WIF private keys
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Then it sounds like the "REALLYLONG_RAW_TRANSACTION_HASH" you have used has not copy/pasted properly or is incomplete or something... that would be the only "TX" that it is attempting to decode at that point...

Solved this, it was just me being dumb, thanks anyway.
Activity: 1
First of all thank you so much for putting this together. I can see how much work it was and mistakes can happen easily with that many variables.

I cannot complete however and can't figure out why. I have gone through every step meticulously and have been able to generate all hashes etc. without problem.

The point where I get stuck is when I am trying to sign the first transaction. The BTC Core Console gives me

13:22:39

Invalid private key (code -5)

I have of course used the xprv as instructed from the rebuilt Electrum wallet and have managed to get all other transaction IDs and hashes etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot
Kikiaoe
HCP
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: