Pages:
Author

Topic: Twister is amazing - page 3. (Read 5070 times)

legendary
Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
January 02, 2014, 12:29:45 PM
Twister looks freaking badass
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
January 02, 2014, 12:27:55 PM
Is there a way to bridge between Twitter and Twister? What I mean is, if I make an account on Twister, would it be possible to follow people who post on Twitter?

Why are messages limited to only 140 characters? Does this limitation also apply to direct messages?

Yes, you can bridge using gateways between 2 usernames. You can make this gateway easily using a Python script:
http://twister.net.co/?page_id=120

It's limited to 140 chars because that's optimal but AFAIK I don't think it's a fixed limit in the protocol.
legendary
January 02, 2014, 12:25:42 PM
i think this is incredible

minus the similar name to twitter and layout as someone already mentioned.

the concept is great and potential to go mainstream is big but getting sued/owned by twitter is risky

if this happens unsystem will invest resources to continue developing it under the same name keeping the same layout.
legendary
January 02, 2014, 12:25:01 PM
So, to summarize, it is a knock-off of twitter which is decentralized and cryptographically secure.

I think the mining reward of a promoted message is an interesting idea ... how long will it be until people start pools to mine blocks, sell the space for advertising and pay out rewards to miners in bitcoins?

there's a lot more possible with this:
https://wiki.unsystem.net/index.php/Twister/Ideas

it could enable many of the difficult to use crypto features of bitcoin like managing a multisig, negotiating some of the contracts, requesting a key to generate new receiver addresses (for privacy). there are many possibilities. it could even obsolete and replace the payment protocol.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
January 02, 2014, 12:13:23 PM
So, to summarize, it is a knock-off of twitter which is decentralized and cryptographically secure.

I think the mining reward of a promoted message is an interesting idea ... how long will it be until people start pools to mine blocks, sell the space for advertising and pay out rewards to miners in bitcoins?

Intriguing concept, mining for adspace revenue. It may very well only be a matter of time before this is a reality.

I guess that depends on whether people start using Twister. If people are using it, then advertisers will want to get the promoted messages and will start mining pools (or pay other people to make mining pools). If nobody is using Twister, then nobody will care about the promoted messages and nobody will make pools.

Is there a way to bridge between Twitter and Twister? What I mean is, if I make an account on Twister, would it be possible to follow people who post on Twitter?

Why are messages limited to only 140 characters? Does this limitation also apply to direct messages?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 514
January 02, 2014, 12:08:16 PM

Intriguing concept, mining for adspace revenue. It may very well only be a matter of time before this is a reality.
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
January 02, 2014, 12:07:38 PM
i think this is incredible

minus the similar name to twitter and layout as someone already mentioned.

the concept is great and potential to go mainstream is big but getting sued/owned by twitter is risky
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 02, 2014, 12:03:57 PM
Nice idea but like other people have said its a shame it looks/sounds so much like twitter.
January 02, 2014, 11:44:30 AM
if they go by the layout they show they are soooooo gonna get sued by twitter. also with the name.

lol, first thing I thought.
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
January 02, 2014, 11:43:29 AM

Activity: 187
Merit: 100
January 02, 2014, 11:25:29 AM
if they go by the layout they show they are soooooo gonna get sued by twitter. also with the name.
legendary
January 02, 2014, 11:19:45 AM
this is the future of crypto messaging:

http://twister.net.co/

better than bitmessage. inspired by bitcoin. uses bittorrent with a blockchain. made by former xine dev. uses libtorrent (libbitcoin was inspired by libtorrent).

this is it.

more info:

https://wiki.unsystem.net/index.php/Twister
Freenode IRC #twister
whitepaper: http://arxiv.org/abs/1312.7152
Pages:
Jump to: