Pages:
Author

Topic: Ufasoft Miner - Windows/Linux, x86/x64, SSE2/OpenCL, Open Source - page 52. (Read 630787 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091
My cpuminer work on Windows (32-bit) as well as Linux.
I get around 1 Mhash/sec/thread with your cpuminer on a Core 2 Duo machine running Linux, using either the C or the cryptopp algorithm.  It would be great to have the SHA256 engine from this thread's SSE2 miner in your cpuminer.  Is it possible?

Yes, it's possible.  ufasoft has released assembly source code....  just takes someone with free time and knowledge to integrate into my cpuminer repository.
Activity: 566
Merit: 500
Unselfish actions pay back better
I get around 1 Mhash/sec/thread with your cpuminer on a Core 2 Duo machine running Linux, using either the C or the cryptopp algorithm.  It would be great to have the SHA256 engine from this thread's SSE2 miner in your cpuminer.  Is it possible?

Cheers,
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Hello, ufasoft.

I'm trying to use your miner with my pool http://deepbit.net but looks like your implementation of HTTP protocol differs from other miners.
Why aren't you sending "Authorization" field in http headers ?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Have you tried doing a telnet to the port just to see if it is listening properly?

c:\> telnet 192.168.0.163 8332

Thank you for the hint; it's going to benefit me in other stuff also Smiley.

It worked on other open ports (Other applications), but not Bitcoin's port Sad. Why would it work locally but not over a network? I even changed the port to 9523 to test, and indeed i had to change the ports in the miners' settings to connect properly (locally). Still over the network the new port isn't working.

That means one of two things.

1. There is a firewall between the two computers blocking communication on that port. On the computer running Bitcoin or in the network between Bitcoin and the Miner.
2. Bitcoin is only binding specifically to the 127.0.0.1 interface and is not binding to the 192.168.0.163 interface.

Edit: I guess it could also mean a 3rd thing..... Possibly, 192.168.0.163 isn't actually the IP Address of the computer running Bitcoin. Or the Miner's arp cash is pointing to an different computer....
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Have you tried doing a telnet to the port just to see if it is listening properly?

Thank you for the hint; it's going to benefit me in other stuff also Smiley.

It worked on other open ports (Other applications), but not Bitcoin's port Sad. Why would it work locally but not over a network? I even changed the port to 9523 to test, and indeed i had to change the ports in the miners' settings to connect properly (locally). Still over the network the new port isn't working.
I can't connect to the server from another computer however. I use ...
Code:
bitcoin-miner.exe -a 4 -t 2 -v -o http://192.168.0.163:8332/ -u *** -p ***

I have no firewall, can ping the server fine from the other computer. It says "connection can't be established" though.

If it worked, you will get a blank screen with a blinking cursor. Press ctrl-] to exit.
I solved it by using ...
Code:
bitcoin-miner.exe -a 4 -t 2 -v -o http://127.0.0.1:8332/ -u *** -p ***

Instead of ...
Code:
bitcoin-miner.exe -a 4 -t 2 -v -o 127.0.0.1 -u *** -p ***

I can't connect to the server from another computer however. I use ...
Code:
bitcoin-miner.exe -a 4 -t 2 -v -o http://192.168.0.163:8332/ -u *** -p ***

I have no firewall, can ping the server fine from the other computer. It says "connection can't be established" though.

EDIT:
Thanks xenon. Posted without seeing yours, sorry. The problem now is across a network.
Is there a way to acquire work from Bitcoin's local server please? I can't register on Slush's server currently. The image below shows what i did. It also shows 2 kinds of miners working with the local server successfully (CPU and GPU based).

Did you try http://127.0.0.1:8332 instead of just 127.0.0.1?
Is there a way to acquire work from Bitcoin's local server please? I can't register on Slush's server currently. The image below shows what i did. It also shows 2 kinds of miners working with the local server successfully (CPU and GPU based).

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

FreeBSD i386 too.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

No build environment yet for Windows (64-bit), alas.

Activity: 34
Implemented both these options:
Code:
bitcoin-miner -a seconds -v ...

Many thanks, sir.

Anybody succeeded porting it to Linux? I have no success so far.

Well, all of the tools are available now. It would probably require changing the given assembly code around so that it fits the syntax that the GNU assembler requires, and then integrating this miner into another open-source mining system like JGarzik's miner which is natively for linux. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to do this in the next few weeks since university is really heating up in these parts, but that's the basic meat of the task, if anyone cares to challenge it.
Activity: 404
Merit: 251
-Make the delay between work requests settable by the user through the command line instead of it being set statically at 30 seconds as it is now. This would allow the period to be decreased and prevent the unaccepted work problems that I've been having in slush's pool while using this miner.

-Make different levels of output verbosity so that the program doesn't have to throw out a huge amount of hex into the terminal. This is obviously mostly cosmetic, but it would be nice.

Implemented both these options:
Code:
bitcoin-miner -a seconds -v ...
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Anybody succeeded porting it to Linux? I have no success so far.
Activity: 411
While helping my friend setup this miner, I saw that a new version had been released. 0.3.1. I went from 6.8Mhash to 7.2Mhash maximum.

My friend went from 3Mhash with the first miner he tried to 12Mhash with this one. I have gone from 2Mhash maximum to 7Mhash. Thank you very much.
OK, so... this miner is great! Thank you for all of your help in getting me to understand the basics of how it works. However, I have a few feature requests that I think could help it out:

-Make the delay between work requests settable by the user through the command line instead of it being set statically at 30 seconds as it is now. This would allow the period to be decreased and prevent the unaccepted work problems that I've been having in slush's pool while using this miner.

-Make different levels of output verbosity so that the program doesn't have to throw out a huge amount of hex into the terminal. This is obviously mostly cosmetic, but it would be nice.
I downloaded the latest Windows binary and am getting 10-12% improvement in speed over the previous version. One thing, though, is that the version number inside of the file is the same as the old one.
Activity: 404
Merit: 251
That is the best way. BTW I have reimplemented entire SHA-256 SSE algorithm on Assembly Language. It saves at least 10% cycles. So I think you need only this .asm module.

Wow, that would be great. Any chance you could post the module?
Activity: 31
This is, IMHO, an amazing miner! Will definitely donate something.
Haven't looked at the source, but judging by the last post, you are using assembler for the calculations, right? Or is it a different project or future feature?
Pages:
Jump to: