Pages:
Author

Topic: Ufasoft Miner - Windows/Linux, x86/x64, SSE2/OpenCL, Open Source - page 49. (Read 630787 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Well, since you're getting 16.8 Mhash/s for the whole package, I'd suggest giving this miner another go.  As far as the forward slash at the end of the URL, I haven't needed it.  Also, the rest of the command line looks OK.  Perhaps you somehow got a bugged download.  Try getting it again.  I'm getting 18.9 Mhash/s using 8 threads on an i7-950 @ 3.83 GHz using v0.4.  A 980X should easily beat that.  Take care, however.  If you mine with a GPU at the same time as your CPU, you may or may not have to go from 12 threads down by the number of GPUs you have mining.  At least, that's how I had to set it up.  Actually, just try 12 first, then see if 6 is any appreciable amount less, and if not, just go with 6.  That way, everything in the OS should remain really snappy.

Ahh thanks for encouraging me to try again.  I'm getting 25.6 MHash/s now from my CPU and my GPU stayed at 85 Mhash/s. 
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
An OCed i7 980X gets 25~30. Stock should get 22~23 ish

oh and my previous problems with this and poclbm just disappeared for some reason
Activity: 56
Well, since you're getting 16.8 Mhash/s for the whole package, I'd suggest giving this miner another go.  As far as the forward slash at the end of the URL, I haven't needed it.  Also, the rest of the command line looks OK.  Perhaps you somehow got a bugged download.  Try getting it again.  I'm getting 18.9 Mhash/s using 8 threads on an i7-950 @ 3.83 GHz using v0.4.  A 980X should easily beat that.  Take care, however.  If you mine with a GPU at the same time as your CPU, you may or may not have to go from 12 threads down by the number of GPUs you have mining.  At least, that's how I had to set it up.  Actually, just try 12 first, then see if 6 is any appreciable amount less, and if not, just go with 6.  That way, everything in the OS should remain really snappy.
I'm having a bit of trouble getting this to work on my box.

Windows 7 x64
i7 980x (Hexcore)

bitcoin-miner.exe -a 4 -g no -t 6 -v -o http://mining.bitcoin.cz:8332 -u XXX -p XXX

It doesn't seem to start hashing at all?
When I hit ctrl-c to stop one time it gave me an "Error 80070006: The handle is invalid." instead of the regular operation has been canceled so maybe that has something to do with it?

did you check you're using the worker login and password rather than the site login/password?

It may have been a syntax error but since it didn't give me a response I figured it was just hanging.  I was able to get cpuminer going so i'm using that now which I have running 12 threads @ 1400 khash/sec
Activity: 21
So if I '-g no' I may actually get faster hash, as it won't call out to the nonexistent GPU (or a GPU with no openCL support)?

I think that it makes that determination before it even starts hashing and then doesn't ever try again (for that instantiation of the exe). So, it shouldn't make any difference at all. But, just in case, I put the "-g no" onto my command line anyways. I don't have an OpenCL GPU on the machine that is running this particular miner.

FYI: -g no actually slowed down the hashing...so it's best to leave it out of the command line altogether.
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
Try putting a forward slash at the end of the URL (after :8332), and make sure your username is in the format LoginName.WorkerName, noting that everything for the username and password is case-specific.
Activity: 590
Merit: 500

Windows 7 x64
i7 980x (Hexcore)

bitcoin-miner.exe -a 4 -g no -t 6 -v -o http://mining.bitcoin.cz:8332 -u XXX -p XXX

When I hit ctrl-c to stop one time it gave me an "Error 80070006: The handle is invalid." instead of the regular operation has been canceled so maybe that has something to do with it?

did you check you're using the worker login and password rather than the site login/password?

Windows 7 x64
i7 980x (Hexcore)

Activity: 406
So if I '-g no' I may actually get faster hash, as it won't call out to the nonexistent GPU (or a GPU with no openCL support)?

I think that it makes that determination before it even starts hashing and then doesn't ever try again (for that instantiation of the exe). So, it shouldn't make any difference at all. But, just in case, I put the "-g no" onto my command line anyways. I don't have an OpenCL GPU on the machine that is running this particular miner.
how to make 0.4 Ufasoft only use the CPU?

type "-g no"

On my 5870 I am only getting 90 MH/s as opposed to 312 with poclbm.

EDIT: It seem that if you are CPU mining and you don't disable GPU mining it works much slower.

So I'm confused...I thought ufasoft didn't use the GPU in the first place...did I miss something? Huh

Thanks.

OpenCL GPU support was added in the latest revision.

type "-g no"

EDIT: It seem that if you are CPU mining and you don't disable GPU mining it works much slower.

So I'm confused...I thought ufasoft didn't use the GPU in the first place...did I miss something? Huh

Thanks.
Activity: 56
Using 0.4 on i7-950 @ 3.83 GHz

8 threads: 18.9 MHash/s
CUDA GPU mining drops dramatically (118 MHash/s down to ~30 MHash/s)

6 threads: 18.1 MHash/s
CUDA GPU mining does not drop

Hyperthreading is cool enough, but loading up all 8 threads doesn't seem to work well for me.

EDIT: Added my 8 thread results to https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison
     While the wattage may seem a little low, I must have gotten pretty lucky with my CPU because I can hit 3.83 GHz with a core voltage of only 1.24V.  I've seen higher voltages on slower Nehalem CPUs.
Activity: 18

type "-g no"

Activity: 40
I found my copy of 0.3.2 in my dropbox to use instead of the 0.3.1 I had. Did I miss some other releases though?

Nope, I think that's all.

I'm not running a GPU Miner on this machine, so I can't comment as to performance when running both GPU and CPU mining at the same time.
Activity: 411
I found my copy of 0.3.2 in my dropbox to use instead of the 0.3.1 I had. Did I miss some other releases though?
Activity: 411
Average speed for me with 0.4 is almost a full Mhash/s under 0.3.1 (the version I was using). It also dropped GPU mining by 20 Mhash/s. I have a Core2Duo as well.

Did I miss a release or two (or more) between 0.3.1 and 0.4?
0.4 is about 10% faster but affects my GPU mining (by 7Mh/s, from 274 to 267)

I can confirm that Version 0.4 is about 8-9% faster on an Intel Core2 Duo 2.2Ghz. Now getting ~5.0MHash/Sec compared to ~4.6MHash/Sec with the previous version.
Activity: 404
Merit: 251
Ufa: is there a place to go (other than here in the forums) to keep up on your miner updates?
I think this forum is best place for all btc-related info.
And updates will be rare.
Pages:
Jump to: