Pages:
Author

Topic: UFC 217: Bisping vs GSP Info and Betting Thread - page 4. (Read 922 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 100
what a great card, cody and bisping.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Oh cool.  I didn't realize this is gonna be featuring Coach Zahabi and Tristar.  Thanks for pointing that out. 

I'm honestly more intrigued with Garbrandt vs Dillashaw than the main event.  Dillashaw's style is almost a carbon copy of Cruz's but with the KO power.  And this is a grudge match between the two since they have some history, with Dillashaw being the 'snake' for leaving Team Alpha Male and with Garbrandt being the Faber loyalist.

Let's see how the champ nullify's the challenger.

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
I don't have many notes for this event.

-Aiemann Zahabi is actually Firas Zahabi's brother. In case people don't know who Firas Zahabi is, he's known for working with GSP, Rory MacDonald and many other UFC fighters out of tristar gym in canada.

-GSP, Joseph Duffy, Mickey Gall and Aiemann Zahabi are all fighting out of tristar MMA gym for this event.

-Joanna Jedrzejczyk, Jorge Masvidal and Alexey Oleynik are fighting out of american top team. ATT and tristar have the most fighters represented on this card afaik.

-Many will likely count Mickey Gall out since he's only 4-0 but don't underestimate him, he's trained seriously with people fighting in the UFC since he was a teenager.

-Cody Garbrandt clarified on the MMA hour saying he didn't knock TJ Dillashaw out cold in training(as was suggested earlier), he only rocked him.

-Alexey Olenik looked much improved after spending time at american top team before his last fight with Travis Browne.

Not a lot of info to offer on this event, I think most already know who the people fighting on the card are.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Date: Saturday, November 4th
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass): 22:00 BCT / 3pm PST / 6pm EST
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1): 00:00 BCT / 5pm PST / 8pm EST
Main Card (PPV): 2:00 BCT / 7pm PST / 10pm EST
Live Streams: http://www.stopstream.me/

Main Card (PPV)

Michael Bisping (30-7) vs. Georges St-Pierre (25-2) (Middleweight Championship)
Cody Garbrandt (11-0) vs. T.J. Dillashaw (14-3) (Bantamweight Championship)
Joanna Jedrzejczyk (14-0) vs. Rose Namajunas (6-3) (Women's Strawweight Championship)
Stephen Thompson (13-2-1) vs. Jorge Masvidal (32-12) (Welterweight)
Johny Hendricks (18-7) vs. Paulo Borrachinha (10-0) (Middleweight)

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

James Vick (11-1) vs. Joseph Duffy (16-2) (Lightweight)
Walt Harris (10-6) vs. Mark Godbeer (12-3) (Heavyweight)
Ion Cutelaba (13-3) vs. Michal Oleksiejczuk (12-2) (Light Heavyweight)
Randy Brown (9-2) vs. Mickey Gall (4-0) (Welterweight)

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Oleksiy Oliynyk (55-10-1) vs. Curtis Blaydes (8-1) (Heavyweight)
Ovince Saint Preux (21-10) vs. Corey Anderson (9-3) (Light Heavyweight)
Aiemann Zahabi (7-0) vs. Ricardo Ramos (10-1) (Bantamweight)

Other

- Gadzhimurad Antigulov was expected to face Ion Cutelaba at the event. However, Antigulov pulled out of the fight on September 26 citing an injury. He was replaced by promotional newcomer Michal Oleksiejczuk on October 13.

- Patrick Cummins was expected to face The Ultimate Fighter: Team Edgar vs. Team Penn light heavyweight winner Corey Anderson at this event. However on October 17, Cummins pulled out due to a resistant staph infection. He was replaced by former interim UFC Light Heavyweight Championship challenger Ovince Saint Preux on October 19.

Thanks to the Puertorican for letting me use this content
Pages:
Jump to: