Pages:
Author

Topic: UFC 222: Cyborg vs Kunitskaya Prediction and Info Thread - page 2. (Read 277 times)

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Here are a couple of videos.  The card is really not that good for a PPV event.  But Kunitskaya is kinda hot...  Subscribed and thinking of making a small bet on her.  Grin

UFC 222 Countdown:  Full Episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgl5x7gnCLk

UFC 222:  Cyborg vs Kunitskaya - Inside the Octagon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKm_BNNP7tI
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
On another note:

Amazon Picks Up Rights To UFC PPV Events Via Prime Video

Amazon is taking a further step into the sports rights business by picking up non-exclusive U.S. rights to UFC PPV events, starting with Saturday’s UFC 222. Specific deal terms, including the deal’s length and cost, are not known at this time. A formal announcement is coming this morning. Amazon Head of Sports Jim DeLorenzo led negotiations for Amazon; a team of Endeavor execs handled the deal for UFC, led by IMG Media Senior VP & Head of North America Hillary Mandel and UFC Exec VP & CFO Andrew Schleimer.

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Morning-Buzz/2018/02/28/Amazon.aspx

@Hydrogen, I agree with Frankie Edgar, I think he should retire after he loses to Brian Ortega this coming UFC 222.

What I only like about Kunitskaya is she is the underdog, anything can happen, no pressure from her. Although she is a Invicta bamtamweight champ herself it will be good to see how good she really is and this is like a one time opportunity to showcase her skills. So we might see some surprises here.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
Notes.

-The MMA gym CB Dolloway trained out of for years closed down in may 2017. Not certain if that will have a positive or negative effect on Dolloway's performance but it could make it harder for him to find sparring/training partners depending on how things went.

-Mackenzie Dern is being given a lot of credit and hype for being relatively untested in MMA. There's a chance her potential could be limited by training at MMA Lab which isn't the best MMA gym to learn technique. Many MMA Lab fighters are outclassed everywhere and forced to win fights with their heart and conditioning.

-Cody Stamann has a cool "Molon Labe" tattoo. For those who don't get the reference, its a historical nod to King Leonidas and the spartans. When the Persian king asked the spartans to "surrender their weapons" at the Battle of Thermopylae, Leonidas reply was "Molon Labe" it translates to "(come) take them". Awhile ago I bet on Cody Stamann to win his fight, for no reason other than his Molon Labe tattoo and it worked. I hope he can win his fight again although its hard to say where Bryan Caraway is at with him not having fought in such a long time.

-Yana Kunitskaya trains out of JacksonWink if I remember right. They have been falling behind and losing a lot of fights recently.

-Brian Ortega tested positive for steroids awhile ago. That could be part of the reason why he "paces himself" and "doesn't begin fighting seriously until round 3" in many of his fights. Ortega could also be a slow starter who takes time to feel comfortable in the cage. The jury is out on what the reasoning behind Ortega having so many round 3 finishes in fights he was losing on the scorecards. It might be an interesting point to think about for those who like to break down MMA math.

-Nothing personal but I hope Frankie Edgar loses. :/ He keeps talking about Conor like he thinks he's going to easily take Conor down and lie on him for 5 rounds to win a decision. Its annoying.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Date: Saturday, March 3rd
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass): 11:30 BCT / 3:30pm PST / 6:30pm EST
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1): 1:00 BCT / 5pm PST / 8pm EST
Main Card (PPV): 3:00 BCT / 7pm PST / 10pm EST
Live Streams: http://www.fìrstrow.eu/

Main Card (PPV)

Cris Cyborg (19-1) vs. Yana Kunitskaya (10-3) (Women's Featherweight Championship)
Frankie Edgar (22-5-1) vs. Brian Ortega (13-0) (Featherweight)
Sean O’Malley (9-0) vs. Andre Soukhamthath (12-5) (Bantamweight)
Stefan Struve (28-9) vs. Andrei Arlovski (26-15) (Heavyweight)
Cat Zingano (9-2) vs. Ketlen Vieira (9-0) (Women's Bantamweight)

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

Ashley Yoder (5-3) vs. Mackenzie Dern (5-0) (Women's Strawweight)
Beneil Dariush (14-3-1) vs. Alexander Hernandez (8-1) (Lightweight)
John Dodson (19-9) vs. Pedro Munhoz (15-2) (Bantamweight)
C. B. Dollaway (16-8) vs. Hector Lombard (34-8-1) (Middleweight)

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Mike Pyle (27-13-1) vs. Zak Ottow (15-5) (Welterweight)
Bryan Caraway (21-7) vs. Cody Stamann (16-1) (Bantamweight)
Jordan Johnson (8-0) vs. Adam Milstead (8-1) (Light Heavyweight)

Other

- Bobby Green was expected to face Beneil Dariush at the event, but pulled out on February 14 due to injury. He was replaced by promotional newcomer Alexander Hernandez on February 23.

Thanks to the Puertorican for letting me use this content.
Pages:
Jump to: