Pages:
Author

Topic: UFC 284: Makhachev vs. Volkanovski - page 2. (Read 177 times)

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
December 06, 2022, 08:48:57 AM
Size and weight are so relevant in wrestling and grappling departments. That this fight makes no sense in my opinion.

Takedowns would be difficult to defend if Volkanovski were a similar mass and weight to Makhachev. Being at a disadvantage increases the difficulty factor.

Volkanovski is essentially doing the same thing Israel Adesanya did when he fought Jan Blachowicz at LHW. He's doing an easy fight where his belt is not on the line and he has nothing to lose. Yet he will still be paid PPV points as if his title were on the line.

While Volkanovski has a good winning streak and good wrestling, Makhachev should dominate him.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 761
Burpaaa
December 06, 2022, 06:11:53 AM
The title fight is higher weight level on the current dominant weight class of Volk. With that in consideration, Islam has the advantage here because he will fight on comfortable weight. Volk has a very good striking punch and kicks but he might be slow due to this weight adjustment  that will make this fight more on clinch that Islam has very good advantage.

I would say that Volk can endure the clinches punishment but Islam can finish him with just an opening. This might be the match that he will experience his first defeat because Islam ain't the typical champ that doesn't have consistency on his skill set. Volk should prepare for worst case scenario.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 564
Bitcoin makes the world go 🔃
December 02, 2022, 12:49:37 PM

This will gonna be an epic fight since both fighter is the current top 1 and 2 on Pound for Pound ranking UFC with an insane amount of win streak. They are fighting on Makhachev weight but I still believe that Volk will manage to find a way to beat his opponent.

I will not bet in this match because this is very close.
Pages:
Jump to: