Pages:
Author

Topic: UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs Velasquez Prediction and Info Thread - page 5. (Read 712 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Well hopefully i see another cain like the brock lesnar fight. Ngannou's striking should be his advantage but i think cain is one of the most well rounded heavyweights ever to enter the octagon. Though it's a question if he can be the old cain since i'm seeing seasoned vets get beaten quite often recently.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
This is going to be a very interesting fight. They're both great heavyweight fighters, but in different ways. Ngannou is very good with his upper-cuts and fast knockouts, but, in my opinion, he quickly loses his energy, in case his attacks were ineffective. Velasquez, on the contrary, may appear in a 3rd round like he's only starting to fight. They say about Cain Velasquez that he has superhuman endurance, and rightly so.

In short, if Ngannou will not win via knockout in the 1st round, I think there are big chances of him losing to Velasquez later.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
Interesting to see Barao's name on the list. He went 2-5 after the lost to TJ Dillashaw 5 years ago and it looks like he is already past his prime.

Cain Velasquez is one of my favorite fighter and I do hope that he beat Francis Ngannou so that he can gain his confidence back. Although there is the question of ring rust and Francis explosive power, but if Cain can stay and get past the first round and Francis get tired after that and Cain uses his wrestling skills then Cain's takes it.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Date: Sunday, February 17
Preliminary Card (ESPN+): 22:30 BCT / 2:30pm PST / 5:30pm EST
Preliminary Card (ESPN): 00:00 BCT / 4pm PST / 7pm EST
Main Card (ESPN): 2:00 BCT / 6pm PST / 9pm EST
Live Streams: http://www.fìrstrow.eu/

Main Card (ESPN)

Francis Ngannou (12-3) vs. Cain Velasquez (14-2) (Heavyweight)
James Vick (13-2) vs. Paul Felder (15-4) (Lightweight)
Cortney Casey (8-6) vs. Cynthia Calvillo (7-1) (Women's Strawweight)
Alex Caceres (14-11) vs. Kron Gracie (4-0) (Featherweight)
Vicente Luque (14-6-1) vs. Bryan Barberena (14-5) (Welterweight)
Andre Fili (18-6) vs. Myles Jury (17-3) (Featherweight)

Preliminary Card (ESPN)

Jimmie Rivera (22-2) vs. Aljamain Sterling (16-3) (Bantamweight)
Benito Lopez (9-0) vs. Manny Bermudez (13-0) (Bantamweight)
Ashlee Evans-Smith (6-3) vs. Andrea Lee (9-2) (Women's Flyweight)   
Scott Holtzman (12-2) vs. Nik Lentz (29-9-2) (Lightweight)

Preliminary Card (ESPN+)

Renan Barao (34-7) vs. Luke Sanders (12-3) (Bantamweight)
Jessica Penne (12-5) vs. Jodie Esquibel (6-4) (Women's Strawweight)   
Aleksandra Albu (3-0) vs. Emily Whitmire (3-2) (Women's Strawweight)
Pages:
Jump to: