Pages:
Author

Topic: UK banks' innovation render bitcoin pointless (?) - page 3. (Read 2146 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Here we go again. I should start hunting people and stapling this to their face.
One of the fundamental ideas of Bitcoin is the separation of state and money; i.e. this means that if you want to get out of the current corrupted financial system, then Bitcoin is your way out.

Try moving that same money from China to the US to see just how instant that process is. Bitcoin is the sole reason for which they are going to try and implement such services. They are afraid that it will ruin them (i.e. we're in that phase now).
Basically the government is still going to track what you're doing with your money and has the right to take it (see Cyprus and Greece) as they please.

Please provide us with the links to these 'recent apps', so that I can do a close inspection.

http://personal.natwest.com/personal/ways-to-bank-with-us1/mobile-banking/mobile-payments.html

I agree with some of the stuff about problems with the banks. However I'm not a fan of the mega wealthy being able to hide their wealth away - see piketty's rationale for greater wealth transparency.

Separate to the above is the practical use cases for Bitcoin which we have to try to analyse objectively.  I doubt this internally in the UK now. Add on the ~5% fiat->BTC fees and it gets worse. Moving money abroad will become easier if there is a sufficient demand for it.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
UK banks now enable, with most recent IOS apps:
- moving money from bank to bank effectively instantly (no fees).
- move money to a mobile number, using Paym, bank - > mobile number www.paym.co.uk  (I think no fees)
- enable Apple pay sync (no fees)

I find it very hard to see how bitcoin can become further adopted in the UK given these and other advances. Moloch has rumbled, Moloch has delivered. Anyone disagree?

try sending money abroad and see how much that costs you.

Banks/Bankers are a bunch of thieves, the sooner you can ditch the lot of them the better.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Here we go again. I should start hunting people and stapling this to their face.
One of the fundamental ideas of Bitcoin is the separation of state and money; i.e. this means that if you want to get out of the current corrupted financial system, then Bitcoin is your way out.

Try moving that same money from China to the US to see just how instant that process is. Bitcoin is the sole reason for which they are going to try and implement such services. They are afraid that it will ruin them (i.e. we're in that phase now).
Basically the government is still going to track what you're doing with your money and has the right to take it (see Cyprus and Greece) as they please.

Please provide us with the links to these 'recent apps', so that I can do a close inspection.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
UK banks now enable, with most recent IOS apps:
- moving money from bank to bank effectively instantly (no fees).
- move money to a mobile number, using Paym, bank - > mobile number www.paym.co.uk  (I think no fees)
- enable Apple pay sync (no fees)

I find it very hard to see how bitcoin can become further adopted in the UK given these and other advances. Moloch has rumbled, Moloch has delivered. Anyone disagree?

Pages:
Jump to: