Pages:
Author

Topic: Ukraine May Soon Legalize Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 2275 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 263
September 05, 2015, 09:14:33 AM
The more people known bitcoin it will good for our community..
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice
September 05, 2015, 01:45:26 AM
how about now?how was that information?is bitcoin already legal on ukraine?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
September 01, 2015, 07:25:04 AM
This is the part where you will have to worry about ... " Back on May 27, a draft of Ukraine’s own BitLicense was introduced by Chobanian at an extended board session before the NBU. The initial reception has been described as “surprisingly positive” by the country’s Central Bank and financial sector, while the draft in its current form would create a self-regulating organization (SRO) that would issue licenses to businesses dealing in cryptocurrencies. "

So we might see another BitLicense scheme like in New York, where the poorer startup companies would be excluded, if they cannot afford the license. These licenses only benefit the local governments and not

the people who has to pay it. They have just received a additional opportunity to gather more income from the Bitcoin community and they capitalize on that.

When will these people understand that Bitcoin is supposed to be for everyone... Why do you think we still have so many unbanked people in the world? Stop licensing Bitcoin FFS.  Angry

Give poor people the opportunity to enter the market, without having to pay for it.  Angry Angry
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
September 01, 2015, 05:08:46 AM
Has Ukraine declared that Bitcoin is illegal in their country? If it's not illegal, it must be legal already.

Well there are lots of new designer drugs that pop up and just because they aren't ilegal doesn't mean they wont become so. The law just needs time to catch up, but I think them saying that bitcoin is legal goes a long way.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
September 01, 2015, 04:59:35 AM
Even if Bitcoin was illegal, how exactly would they try and block it?
Unless you have power to block whole internet (like North Korea) you technically can't do anything to block bitcoin. It is just empty slogan/law to scare people away.
On the second hand Ukraine has a lot other problems and I think bitcoin is the least important part of their "to do" list. It is good however that they are not fighting it anymore.
Activity: 196
September 01, 2015, 04:40:15 AM
Even if Bitcoin was illegal, how exactly would they try and block it?
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
September 01, 2015, 03:41:02 AM
Has Ukraine declared that Bitcoin is illegal in their country? If it's not illegal, it must be legal already.

It IS great news, however, that they're taking Bitcoin seriously...the challenge is that there investigation could lead to them outlawing it rather than ignoring it. There's always a price to pay with awareness and growth.

I was wondering about the same thing.
When was Bitcoin illegal in Ukraine?
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
September 01, 2015, 03:38:33 AM
Was just reading the article on CoinTelegraph and share it with the communit then I saw that you did it Grin
Honestly it's pretty good news but I wish we could see on different countries , there is countries now that don't even know what bitcoin is (goverments or people , same thing)
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
September 01, 2015, 03:34:45 AM

It IS great news, however, that they're taking Bitcoin seriously...the challenge is that there investigation could lead to them outlawing it rather than ignoring it. There's always a price to pay with awareness and growth.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
September 01, 2015, 03:29:51 AM
This would actually be great. We need more places where Bitcoin is perfectly legal in some way. Places in which privacy isn't that harmed as in the US or UK. Interestingly enough, some countries (3rd world) try making their own rules which end up being much worse than those of the 1st world countries. It would be better if they followed the regulations from Switzerland in a similar matter.
Activity: 168
BURSTcoin - Burst-team.us
September 01, 2015, 03:27:27 AM
Even if it was only a meeting, it could help the Ukraine to get back some of the economic power they lost.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
September 01, 2015, 02:52:09 AM
Ukraine in practice is in civil war, the law means nothing because tomorrow a new government may arise and cancel it, and the country is too stable to attract bitcoin investors
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
September 01, 2015, 02:29:47 AM
Great news for bitcoin and Ukraine his hrywna is devaluated,.Goodchance for Ukrainian business

It could be, if they play their cards right. Right now there is a certain need for a country that is 100% crypto friendly, for exchanges and
bitcoin services to use it w/o fear of some regulations.
My biggest fear are still banks, because most of them are still owned by outside banking giants who may still find a way to block associated bitcoin accounts.

So you want all exchanges to set up business in Ukraine? Don't know if I feel so safe if all their HQ were located there to be honest..
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
September 01, 2015, 02:27:06 AM
This is really good news.

One can only hope that other central banks will follow this same approach. It will sure help to drive mass adoption if a couple of countries give bitcoin the green light in this way.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
August 31, 2015, 08:09:58 PM
It's always goo news to see official governments accepting BTC but I think the main goal of that country would be getting all of their basic stuff covered first, but maybe BTC helps getting things into motion who knows.
Activity: 584
Merit: 500
August 31, 2015, 07:50:37 PM
Great news for bitcoin and Ukraine his hrywna is devaluated,.Goodchance for Ukrainian business

It could be, if they play their cards right. Right now there is a certain need for a country that is 100% crypto friendly, for exchanges and
bitcoin services to use it w/o fear of some regulations.
My biggest fear are still banks, because most of them are still owned by outside banking giants who may still find a way to block associated bitcoin accounts.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
August 31, 2015, 07:01:46 PM
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
August 31, 2015, 06:47:23 PM
good news Cheesy
with there is i hope price go up.
and keep waiting until legalized in my country.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1013
August 31, 2015, 05:54:08 PM
Well I live in Ukraine and use Bitcoin since genesis and don't know how that motherfuckers may help me. I just don't need them.

"Bitcoin conference" even doesn't have Bitcoin option for ticket payment lol. If some government motherfucker organize some meeting - that is only for purpose to steal some money from budget.

Even if they legalize it - no one will show their accounting in Bitcoin for tax. Because if you show money, you'll get a crowd soon in masks with clubs and guns and they'll take your money away. No chance to go legal if you are not gangster.

People are poor here - 42 million. And what is worse - people are not intelligent to understand this technology. I even don't try no more to explain.

Good luck with your "bullish news". You have no idea what you are talking about.
Activity: 146
August 31, 2015, 05:12:36 PM
Ukraine is one of the biggest receivers of Bitcoin remittance, apparently.
Pages:
Jump to: