Pages:
Author

Topic: Ultra Under-overclock image for A2 Innosilicon by Emdje - V5.0 - page 19. (Read 79746 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
emdje: what is the ETA for new cgminer? or wouldnt you mind releasing the code for A2 driver now? The time of A2 will come to an end within +- 3 months as gain will touch el. cost.
I made a promise to the person providing the code that I would not release it, would get him into trouble with innosilicon.
There are still problems making cgminer 4.7.0 start on its own. It does however work when started through the terminal.
I will post a zip with cgminer 4.7.0 in it so you can replace the right files by yourselves (do expect some donations). Maybe one of you can make it work, by changing the startup script for example.
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
emdje: what is the ETA for new cgminer? or wouldnt you mind releasing the code for A2 driver now? The time of A2 will come to an end within +- 3 months as gain will touch el. cost.
Hi emdje, to set diff to 512 the correct code is "--diff 512" or "--diff 8" using the command line on the image 2.0.

Thaks in advance W_M

You can set that on the webinterface using the dropdown menu "DEVICE INITIAL DIFF". possibilities are 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096.
So no need for the command line.
emdje, if you're interested you can include extranonce.subscribe into you code for max efficient mining on NiceHash ... see here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cgminer-extranoncesubscribe-extension-binaries-available-for-download-850620

I will have a look at it and try to implement this.
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
emdje, if you're interested you can include extranonce.subscribe into you code for max efficient mining on NiceHash ... see here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cgminer-extranoncesubscribe-extension-binaries-available-for-download-850620

I vote for YES
legendary
Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001
Hi emdje, to set diff to 512 the correct code is "--diff 512" or "--diff 8" using the command line on the image 2.0.

Thaks in advance W_M
fhh
legendary
Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000
How i can activate the dhcp client function?

Thanks W_M

you can not activate it.

It worked on the first boot for me, before i set an individual IP address.

I don't know a way back when fixed IP is set once
legendary
Activity: 885
Merit: 1006
NiceHash.com
legendary
How i can activate the dhcp client function?

Thanks W_M
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
Guys I currently run 9 zuesminers Thunders, but looking at the A2's as an alternative as they appear to consume less power. The images your posting will they function on all late model A2's including the 30Mhs 28nm unit? If so what results are you getting? It looks like factory speed is 30 Mhs? what is the highest stable speed from this unit? Power consumption? Looks like factory power supply is 430w. How much power will the 30MHs unit consume when overlocked?

Thanks in advance
Vegas
fhh
legendary
Activity: 1206
Thanks emdje, is possible to change the ip address to 192.168.1.xxx ?

not necessary emdjes  image is graping an address via DHCP
legendary
Thanks emdje, is possible to change the ip address to 192.168.1.xxx ?

Hi, i have bought a A2 Mini first release, what images i have do download to restore on the sd card? Which release of cgminer is installed in the iso? Is possible to set 1000Mhz freq. in this release of the firmware to save power consumation?

Thanks in advance W_M

Version 2.0, containing CGminer 2.9.0 can be set to 1000 MHz, and yes that saves power (haven't written down how great the difference was, can't remember)

https://mega.co.nz/#!GNMQAIrb!IjkpJvS36O29AfOKc_jR9aezdH5yZnHMiGY5mIGyypk

You need 7zip to unzip the image and image writer to 'burn' it to the sd disk.

The ip adress is the link to the web interface (mine is http://192.168.178.21), I found mine by logging into the router and looking for connected devices.
On the web interface you can set you pool information.

legendary
Hi, i have bought a A2 Mini first release, what images i have do download to restore on the sd card? Which release of cgminer is installed in the iso? Is possible to set 1000Mhz freq. in this release of the firmware to save power consumation?

Thanks in advance W_M

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll try it later.

Any luck getting 4.7.0 to work properly?

It runs when started in the terminal, but not throught the webinterface. And the output looks funny. More work is needed (and more spare time is needed Smiley ).
legendary
Activity: 1596
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll try it later.

Any luck getting 4.7.0 to work properly?
Hi emdje,

Is it possible to view cgminer like that through putty using your 2.0 firmware? Or is it only made possible with your newer unreleased firmware?

No when it is already running, but if you stop cgminer through the webinterface you can.
Start up putty, log in, navigate to the /var/www folder (cd /var/www) and type the following (with your own pool info of course):
Code:
sudo ./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://eu-01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 -u emdje.3166 -p x --A1Pll1 1300 --A1Pll2 1300 --A1Pll3 1300 --A1Pll4 1300 --A1Pll5 1300 --A1Pll6 1300 --diff 4096 --api-listen --api-network --cs 8 --stmcu 0 --hwreset --no-submit-stale --lowmem

When you receive an error and cgminer is not starting type the following:
Code:
chmod +x cgminer
This will mark cgminer as an executable. Then try to start it again.

I only use it to test various builds of cgminer. Somehow the autostart does not work properly.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Copied version 4.7.0 on a usb stick. Checked it on the usb stick with the --version command, it gave back version 4.7.0
Checking the same file on the same usb stick on the other pi it gives version 3.9.0 again  Huh
Putting it back in the other pi and checking that file with the command it gives version 4.7.0 again

very weird
try:

echo $PATH

and check in /usr/local/bin

There is another copy of cgminer, most likely the ./cgminer -V is pulling from the $PATH variable

Yes that worked, it shows now that it is cgminer 4.7.0, however it only runs from the command line and shows only invalid nounces unfortunatly. Have to look into that

Hi emdje,

Is it possible to view cgminer like that through putty using your 2.0 firmware? Or is it only made possible with your newer unreleased firmware?
Copied version 4.7.0 on a usb stick. Checked it on the usb stick with the --version command, it gave back version 4.7.0
Checking the same file on the same usb stick on the other pi it gives version 3.9.0 again  Huh
Putting it back in the other pi and checking that file with the command it gives version 4.7.0 again

very weird
try:

echo $PATH

and check in /usr/local/bin

There is another copy of cgminer, most likely the ./cgminer -V is pulling from the $PATH variable

Yes that worked, it shows now that it is cgminer 4.7.0, however it only runs from the command line and shows only invalid nounces unfortunatly. Have to look into that
Pages:
Jump to: