Pages:
Author

Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions! - page 82. (Read 381003 times)

legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
UPDATE

PressTab is working through the last of the coding and adding liteStake.
Staking reward will be increased from 2% to 5.2%.  Min coin age for staking will remain at 7 days.

We are in no great rush - main focus is getting it right.  We don't want to have to do a hard fork again for a very long time

Will advise when testers for the new wallet and staking are required but it maybe this weekend.

Cheers - usukan
legendary
Hi kiklo - and might I welcome you to the Ultracoin Community

The current plan is to only change the annual staking reward amount from 2% to 5.2% (a reversion to a previous life).

Minimum age for staking will remain at 7 days (it has always been this - but effectively 10-14 days is required to achieve a reasonable weighting to actually win stakes).

Cheers - ususkan

Anybody here in the community reject the idea of reverting to 5.2% annual staking reward?

If not I will get PressTab to fix this up too.

Thanks - ususkan

Moving to at least 5% per year , will make me take a closer look at adding Ultra to my holdings,
does this update change the minimum stake time required to earn more ultra, if so please share the New detail specs.

Thanks.
 Cool
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Anybody here in the community reject the idea of reverting to 5.2% annual staking reward?

Thanks - ususkan

Moving to at least 5% per year , will make me take a closer look at adding Ultra to my holdings,
does this update change the minimum stake time required to earn more ultra, if so please share the New detail specs.

Thanks.
 Cool
legendary
Yes - agree 100%

Thanks for your input sambiohazard

Cheers - usukan

OK - I have only had support for reverting to 5.2% per annum staking reward.

I will ask PressTab to amend the code accordingly within 24 hrs - unless I receive a solid argument against within the next day.

As always - silence will be taken as agreement.

We are very close now to closing off on the new UTC.

Cheers - usukan
I dont know what is the right thing to do, but i would suggest that we stop messing around with consensus critical code that causes hard fork after this major over haul of the code. My theory is that we should see hard forks as necessary evils and avoid them if we can. We should probably look at version bits recently deployed on bitcoin core and try to do a softfork rather than a hard fork in future wherever possible. Its very important to have stable/robust consensus as ecosystem grows.
Activity: 288
Merit: 260
Sorry! Lost in translation  Cheesy
Activity: 840

I will ask PressTab to amend the code accordingly within 24 hrs - unless I receive a solid argument against within the next day.

Cheers - usukan
I dont know what is the right thing to do, but i would suggest that we stop messing around with consensus critical code that causes hard fork after this major over haul of the code. My theory is that we should see hard forks as necessary evils and avoid them if we can. We should probably look at version bits recently deployed on bitcoin core and try to do a softfork rather than a hard fork in future wherever possible. Its very important to have stable/robust consensus as ecosystem grows.

The simple difficulty adjustment fix - is hard fork already! Why not to fix as much as we can!?
and i quote "i would suggest that we stop messing around with consensus critical code that causes hard fork after this major over haul of the code."
Grin

Cheers - usukan

The simple difficulty adjustment fix - is hard fork already! Why not to fix as much as we can!?
Activity: 840

Cheers - usukan

Ok, it has sense now! Thank you! I never could understand why to reduce PoS percent.  Smiley
legendary

Cheers - usukan
legendary
Activity: 910
Witch miner is good for GPU  UTC mining? If possible link. What would be bat file? I tried earlier but never get it work. I have 290x

Thanks
270x's are the best. Lots of RAM is more important than processing power, so if you're serious about mining UTC you need to sell that beast and get some 270's I think.

I have 4 GB GPU, and 24 GB RAM, but still i am trying to find miner and the best configuration (bat) to start mining for my card.
Sorry, I meant lots of GPU RAM. I think 270x with 4GB are the best.
Activity: 819
Merit: 502
Witch miner is good for GPU  UTC mining? If possible link. What would be bat file? I tried earlier but never get it work. I have 290x

Thanks
270x's are the best. Lots of RAM is more important than processing power, so if you're serious about mining UTC you need to sell that beast and get some 270's I think.

I have 4 GB GPU, and 24 GB RAM, but still i am trying to find miner and the best configuration (bat) to start mining for my card.
legendary
Activity: 910

Thanks
Activity: 819
Merit: 502

Thanks
legendary
its only 2% now - so its an increase back to where it was Oct/Nov last year.

Cheers

Thanks - ususkan

That's a nice low amount :-)
Activity: 510
Merit: 500

Thanks - ususkan

That's a nice low amount :-)
legendary

Thanks - ususkan
Activity: 320
Merit: 250

Yes, I also agree, it will make UTC some more attractive at the moment and in the near future.
I leave the final decision to the community and the commitee, it is know the best time the change it by Presstab.

Warm greetings,
Paul

I also agree with both of you

Rolled this one around - conclusion is that I support actually.

Thanks for your ideas here Alenevaa.

Will have an effect on inflation but IMO the holding incentive is more significant.

more opinions please.

Cheers - usukan

On the block reward - the current plan can be summarised:

Change notes:

Change to 10 UTC per block pending new update
10 UTC per block - 4,000,000
5 UTC per block - 6,000,000
2.5 UTC per block - 8,000,000
1.25 UTC per block - 20,000,000
1 UTC per block - 25,000,000
.5 UTC per block - 30,000,000
.25 UTC per block - 40,000,000
.125 UTC per block - 50,000,000
.01 UTC per block - 208,145,600

Change to 2% pending new update
1.5% per year at block 4,000,000
1% per year at block 8,000,000

Community - Please discuss.

Thanks - usukan

As I can understand Stake (PoS) is 2% per year right now.
And holder will get 2% only in theory. It'll be less in real life.
Is it worth to accumulate ultracoin with so low stake rate?

Why not to revert to 5.2%/year as it was before fork? It'll not increase inflation but incetivezed people to hold and not to dump.

In fact I don't have much UTCs. I'm just curious! Smiley

What do you think guys?
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
I also agree with both of you

Will have an effect on inflation but IMO the holding incentive is more significant.

more opinions please.

Cheers - usukan

Change notes:

Thanks - usukan

Why not to revert to 5.2%/year as it was before fork? It'll not increase inflation but incetivezed people to hold and not to dump.

What do you think guys?
legendary

more opinions please.

Cheers - usukan

Change notes:

Thanks - usukan

What do you think guys?
Pages:
Jump to: