Pages:
Author

Topic: Unbelievable Idiot! - page 2. (Read 4487 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 14, 2013, 08:19:04 AM
You guys are ridiculous.

He's right that Bitcoin isn't a unit of account since people price their goods and services in USD/EUR to BTC rates rather than Bitcoins themselves. Would you intuitively know how much a coke is in BTC? I bet you can do it for your local fiat currency though.

I should continue the criclejerk though: He say bad about Bitcoin, he bad! He know nothing! Angry
Loads of people say bad about bitcoin.  No problem.  There is lots bad about it.  

But to say bitcoin isn't a 'unit of account' because people don't price goods in it - is just plain stupid.   'unit of account' has far greater meaning than 'people price goods in it'.  A professor at Columbia should not be arguing that because goods are not priced in bitcoin, it is not a unit of account.  Furthermore, people are beginning to price things in bitcoin - without regard for dollar or euro equivalent.  In one example, Mastercoin just raised a shitload of money on the notion of 1BTC = 100MSC - with no regard whatever for the value of dollar.  There are many more similar pricings each day.  But these are not necessary in order that bitcoin be considered a 'unit of account'.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Are you like these guys?
October 14, 2013, 08:16:48 AM
The IMF pays him because they're too late to mine.  Grin

Hahaha! Quality Cheesy
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
October 14, 2013, 08:07:32 AM
You guys are ridiculous.

He's right that Bitcoin isn't a unit of account since people price their goods and services in USD/EUR to BTC rates rather than Bitcoins themselves. Would you intuitively know how much a coke is in BTC? I bet you can do it for your local fiat currency though.

I should continue the criclejerk though: He say bad about Bitcoin, he bad! He know nothing! Angry
October 14, 2013, 08:05:03 AM
oil... thats only doubled in price in 5 years.. thats 20% a year...
Actually, about 14%
October 14, 2013, 08:03:39 AM
Why don't you stick to the real topic - the guy hasn't got a clue about money.
Which is why he's been called the "guru of Wall Street gurus". Good thing we have noted Jägerbomb addict and bitcointalk forums user 152724 aka "Hammerfist" here to tell us all the truth.
Which moron called him that?  Did you listen to the interview where he describes what he thinks of bitcoin which can't be considered money?  If he were actually a guru, why doesn't he have enough money for a diet doctor?
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
October 14, 2013, 07:57:50 AM

These experts... If they are so good why are they working for someone else?

I think that either you go in long term or do the obvious bids. I wish I had invested in oíl in 2008, didn't have the money or the knowledge of how to though.  It should have been pretty clear that in long run it would go back up from there.

oil... thats only doubled in price in 5 years.. thats 20% a year...

.. but bitcoin.. well if i had some in 2009 and cashed out today.

but anyways i bought up in 2012 and im happy, definetly happier then a 5 year wait on oil
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
October 14, 2013, 07:54:36 AM

Which is why he's been called the "guru of Wall Street gurus". Good thing we have noted Jägerbomb addict and bitcointalk forums user 152724 aka "Hammerfist" here to tell us all the truth.
Activity: 728
October 14, 2013, 07:49:59 AM
what you also find is that people that want to buy in while cheap, wont tell many people about it, thus keeping prices down. they will also spread fud to sway people away, again keeping prices down..

eventually once they have eating their lot and cant get anymore, they will change over and say its great everyone should buy.. to cause a ramp on the price.

its standard banking and stock practice.. whatever the 'advisors' say... do the opposite. usually advisors short term advice pays off but the bigger picture is the opposite.

EG
this commodity is tanking sell sell sell..

this in real world proper advice means.
dont sell at a loss, instead buy to average out the costs, to get more commodotys cheaper and wait for the flash crash to correct to be in profit.

These experts... If they are so good why are they working for someone else?

I think that either you go in long term or do the obvious bids. I wish I had invested in oíl in 2008, didn't have the money or the knowledge of how to though.  It should have been pretty clear that in long run it would go back up from there.

October 14, 2013, 07:44:01 AM
Besides that, look at what a bloated fat slouch the guy is.  Hasn't he any self respect?
Dude is handicapped.   Would the unbelievable idiot be you?

You're aware the guy is handicapped and can't really walk all that good and stuff?
Can't walk eh?  Looks like he can walk to the restaurant just fine... http://aktien-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/06-stiglitz-l_greenwald.jpg and http://fundooprofessor.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/g02.jpg

He's got a mouth right?  Well, then he can stop shoving food in it.

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
October 14, 2013, 07:24:50 AM

Besides that, look at what a bloated fat slouch the guy is.  Hasn't he any self respect?

Dude is handicapped.   Would the unbelievable idiot be you?
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
October 14, 2013, 07:13:51 AM
I think some "clever" people are going to look rather silly one day.

At least he didn't call it rat poison like Charlie Munger.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
October 14, 2013, 07:11:43 AM
what you also find is that people that want to buy in while cheap, wont tell many people about it, thus keeping prices down. they will also spread fud to sway people away, again keeping prices down..

eventually once they have eating their lot and cant get anymore, they will change over and say its great everyone should buy.. to cause a ramp on the price.

its standard banking and stock practice.. whatever the 'advisors' say... do the opposite. usually advisors short term advice pays off but the bigger picture is the opposite.

EG
this commodity is tanking sell sell sell..

this in real world proper advice means.
dont sell at a loss, instead buy to average out the costs, to get more commodotys cheaper and wait for the flash crash to correct to be in profit.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
October 14, 2013, 06:51:33 AM
He's a stock guru, not a commodity guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39so_a2qKEI
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 14, 2013, 06:38:18 AM
Let him go some exchange and see what is one bitcoin. He probably dont know much about bitcoins.  Cheesy
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
October 14, 2013, 06:36:34 AM
lets give that guy a clue and price a bitcoin with eh lets say uhm errrrr one bitcoin?
All those cryptocurrencies are valued in bitcoin already so someone hasnt done his research i'd say.
I can also write checks with bitcoins like print qr codes of a bit of a bit.
I wish that guy had done his homework really but its nice to see idiots act like dinosaurs.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
October 14, 2013, 06:27:42 AM
even if people won't price everything in bitcoins in the foreseeable future, what gives?

Bitcoin is a global, non-bureaucratic, cheap value transfer system that uses its own digital tokens, simple as that.

maybe people will (have to) learn to see that there can be many different forms of moneys and value systems and learn to use them in parallel.

and if there are no more fiat currencies anymore one day because nation states collapse, while Bitcoin still being too unstable (maybe because of), the Bitcoin value maybe will be denominated in other commodities like gold, silver, or other indices or baskets of goods (which don't have to be "physical" currencies, just indices).
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
October 14, 2013, 06:20:50 AM
You're aware the guy is handicapped and can't really walk all that good and stuff?
October 14, 2013, 06:15:56 AM
Besides that, look at what a bloated fat slouch the guy is.  Hasn't he any self respect?
Wow kido! You really hate everyone that argues against bitcoin aren't you?
You can argue against bitcoin all day and I won't hate you.  But if you eat too many bacon sandwiches and get all fat and blobby and sit in a chair as if you don't have a spine to hold yourself up, then I am going to call you out for it. 

It is shocking how incredibly dumb an esteemed Columbia professor can be.  The guy's argument is profoundly idiotic.  How in the world does the university send this guy money every month? 
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
October 14, 2013, 05:48:10 AM
The IMF pays him because they're too late to mine.  Grin
Activity: 826
Crypto Somnium
October 14, 2013, 05:38:37 AM
This made me chuckle  Cheesy

As you can see he is soo last gen when it comes to banking/finance someone does not want to embrace change  Roll Eyes

Not one good thing to say about bitcoin = No idea about Bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: