Pages:
Author

Topic: Unconfirmed Transaction (send). How to Return to Wallet? - page 2. (Read 12701 times)

Activity: 720
Merit: 500
Hey Guys,

I have a similar problem. Due to my ignorance, I send coins to an adress without sufficient miners fee. My Multibit wallet classic only supported 0.0001 BTC and I didn't know better. Now I'm waiting for almost a week now. This is the block chain info: https://blockchain.info/tx-index/d22c630c662a0506fb8420723c15c9d1926fa34ec33e68af4583a10a75b0cdc5

Is there anyone that can help me. I thank you in advance! Kind regards, Miguel

Please next time try to use higher fee at least 450 satoshis/byte. You can try to add your transaction in ViaBtc accelarator. They add 100 transactions every hour but it get filled very quickly. The time ViaBtc using is UTC. So, Whenever the hour clicks try to add your transaction. Here is the link good luck.
Code:
https://www.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/

If you are unable to add then email them it is paid service.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Hey Guys,

I have a similar problem. Due to my ignorance, I send coins to an adress without sufficient miners fee. My Multibit wallet classic only supported 0.0001 BTC and I didn't know better. Now I'm waiting for almost a week now. This is the block chain info: https://blockchain.info/tx-index/d22c630c662a0506fb8420723c15c9d1926fa34ec33e68af4583a10a75b0cdc5

Is there anyone that can help me. I thank you in advance! Kind regards, Miguel
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
Firstly, MultiBit Classic is old and outdated and no longer maintained or developed. It uses a "fixed limit" fee system that is no longer suitable for the current Bitcoin network. Current fees are well in excess of 200 sats/byte... Classic has a max possible fee of around 50 sats/byte I believe.

You should move to a more up to date wallet, preferably one that has "Dynamic Fees". DO NOT use MultiBit HD at the moment, it has a big bug that can prevent you from opening your wallet. I would recommend Electrum.

As for your current issue, your best bet is to export your private keys from MBClassic and then shut it down and don't open it again. Once your transaction has either confirmed (try ViaBTC TX Accelerator) or it has dropped from the network, then import your keys into Electrum, it should show your correct balance.
Activity: 63
Merit: 2
I have a transaction that is now 7 days unconfirmed and I'm pretty sure I upped the fee.    ON top of that the wallet I used, Multibit has the bulk of my btc unconfirmed and no matter how many times I repair my wallet it does not confirm my money.

I don't know if the two are related but I'm not kidding I'm on 7 days uncomfirmed.  The transaction by the seller has already been cancelled and I don't want it anymore.  At what point will someone say forget this, and let it get back to my wallet.

Between this and my wallet being stuck I can do nothing.

Thanks.
Activity: 2
hi im having all sorts of issues i have 2 transactions one with a lower fee which has remained unconfirmed for 36 hours so far and 1 with a high fee still unconfirmed fired 12 hours. can any one shed some light on why these transactions are not going through and what i may be able to do. im sending them frm coinbin. the second transaction i had imported my wallet into blockchain then sent hoping that might produce a better result but it all seem to be stuck.

the first transactiion is:
https://blockchain.info/tx/232ae59ff6f10cfc973410075eba7140f2a6f22c835d2dbb0fd9fd648083e294

the second is
https://blockchain.info/tx/ecae717a26183b1d5609e29b927095a36bd4227c7614e7c70f5e310e56c80762
thanks
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Yeah, I see it now. Took over 16 hours.   Now I have to deal with a refund..and ended up having to pay with a CC for a Newegg purchase.  There is no way they could of "held up" this transaction on purpose is there? (Bitpay) Now they have my money and will give me a gift card instead of cash back (newegg)..argh.

Welcome to the artificial fee “market” on a good [block space], with a perfectly inelastic supply curve... brought to you by Blockstream.

Tell your friends.
Activity: 21
Yeah, I see it now. Took over 16 hours.   Now I have to deal with a refund..and ended up having to pay with a CC for a Newegg purchase.  There is no way they could of "held up" this transaction on purpose is there? (Bitpay) Now they have my money and will give me a gift card instead of cash back (newegg)..argh.
Activity: 719
Merit: 250
https://blockchain.info/tx-index/732926b40f4368755c9b5492637cfddc5c64cd1979938e90670d7c92afbe1261

That link says its got 5 confirmations now so it seems like you won't have to go into the gory details of how to do a double spend or wait for days longer.

edit/

I checked again and it's now got six confirmations after being included in a block 17 minutes ago.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I have never had this happen before, and obviously want it back in my wallet since I ended up having to pay using a CC instead.  This was a bitpay transaction to Newegg.
I used multibit classic .5.19 which should work, but it was the first time I had tried to send from a particular computer.

Any help would be appreciated.  I have read that in the worst case, even though there is no "expiration" but eventually it may come back to my wallet  ?

I have only experience with Bitcoin Core client, but it might be similar to multibit. If you want "cancel" transaction, do not ever run the wallet connected to internet, because your unconfirmed transactions are resend every hour or so. You need find way how to remove the unconfirmed transaction from multibit when your not connected to internet - check help cli commands. You need to hope your transaction not confirm, in few days it should be removed from most miner mempools - check on blockchain.info, they keep not rebroadcasted transactions 2 days only. There is chance the transaction can be added anytime in future if it happens some miner remember your transaction, so spend the inputs again (after unconfirmed transaction is removed from blockchain.info) to prevent this.
copper member
Activity: 1428
Merit: 529
Can I see my "satoshi per byte" before I send somehow? There is a slider in multibit wallet which was set to "Default" transaction fee for this transaction.  I did increase it now, but do not understand exactly what I am doing.  Maybe recommend a better wallet or any other help would be appreciated.  As for the transaction, I will "wait and see".  Looks like it will work itself out either way.

Better wallet is a good solution, Electrum is a wallet just like MUltibit 0.5.19 but which has many addresses to use by default, also another feature of Electrum is it automatically adjust fees to the best recommended so it will confirm in max 3-4 hours nowadays , but usually within 30 min time. Its also very easy to use and as secure as Multibit if not more.
Can I see my "satoshi per byte" before I send somehow? There is a slider in multibit wallet which was set to "Default" transaction fee for this transaction.  I did increase it now, but do not understand exactly what I am doing.  Maybe recommend a better wallet or any other help would be appreciated.  As for the transaction, I will "wait and see".  Looks like it will work itself out either way.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Your transaction was 1701 bytes, your fee was 20,000 satoshi, this works out to 11.76 satoshi/byte. A few weeks ago this would have confirmed, maybe not immediately, but it would confirm.

Now, we're looking at blocks that have 40 to 100 satoshi/byte... so there's a chance this'll never confirm. After 72 hours it will be dropped from the mempool and you can try again with 6X the fees...

You may consider using a wallet that is better able to outbid the others that are trying to use Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
I have been able to re send by deleting my wallet.dat and uploading a back up.  I use core though.
Activity: 53
I just want to also point out that even when taking hours to confirm, I have yet to have made a transaction that *never* confirmed. I don't think it is something to worry about if using any of the big clients that automatically include fees.
Activity: 53
I had several transactions get stuck for hours using the Bitcoin Core client. Seems like it calculate fees badly, assuming higher amount transactions will get processed in the queue quicker. But I don't see any reason for miners to care about anything other than the actual size in kb and fees!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
double spend will be hard, unless you have a tool to do a double spend.
your best bet would be to contact bitpay support
the TX will probably confirm in a few more hours and then they will have to send it back to you.

if it doesn't confrim for days the TX will be dropped by the network and it will be as tho you never sent it
Activity: 446
Merit: 251
Wait until your TX goes through if it doesn't it will be canceled in a few days. Sometimes these things happens.
It was sent last night around 9:25 PM (May 26th). So it has been about 14 hours. 
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Its weird but still dont confirm yet.. how many hours do you send it just to confirmware if the time there is the same as the time here its may 27 but here in my may 28..
Better to wait more 3 hours and it should be have  confirmation even 1 confirmation..
and also theres no gui or way to recover back the bitcoin in your wallet if its not confirm bitcoin will not stay there it will back to your wallet..
How exactly do I setup the double spend transaction?  I am a bit confused on this operation.  There are three fields I fill out during a send 1) Amount, 2) label, 3) address .  The transaction fee is injected by Multibit.  How exactly should I populate the double spend ? Also, do I need to send from the same computer or any computer with a copy of my wallet? (one runs multibit .5.18, the other is running version .5.19)
Pages:
Jump to: