Pages:
Author

Topic: Undocumented immigrants are civil, NOT CRIMINAL matters - page 2. (Read 1668 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
It doesn't matter to me which court is used to deport illegals as long as it happens. 55% of illegals hopped the border. They are criminals. As for those that entered legally and did not leave when they were supposed to - if this act was premeditated then they are criminals.
That makes it accurate to call the vast majority of illegal aliens criminals.
Your statistic is suspect, do you have a link?
Sure. Here is a link:

http://pewhispanic.org/files/factsheets/19.pdf

This is from the Pew Research Center so I hardly think that it is suspect.

The rest of the unauthorized migrant population, somewhat more than half, entered the country illegally.Some evaded customs and immigration inspectors at ports of entry by hiding in vehicles such as cargo trucks.Others trekked through the Arizona desert, waded across the Rio Grande or otherwise eluded the U.S. Border Patrol which has jurisdiction over all the land areas away from the ports of entry on the borders with Mexico and Canada.
Activity: 378
It doesn't matter to me which court is used to deport illegals as long as it happens. 55% of illegals hopped the border. They are criminals. As for those that entered legally and did not leave when they were supposed to - if this act was premeditated then they are criminals.
so the bottom line is, they dont get to enjoy the full due process afforded to criminals. However they should stopped being regarded as such.
remember that for your next debate on the matter. having your opponent correct you on that could be embarrassing and make your argument sound stupid
Activity: 364
Your statistic is suspect, do you have a link?
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
US used to be an immigrant country which welcome anyone willing to work hard and bring in talents.

Guess time has changed. Welfare abuse is not discouraged while hard working is now being criminalized.
Activity: 350
Activity: 378
if you are caught in the process of crossing the border, yes, a criminal charge may be filed against you for that act.

when the illegal immigrants fail to appear in court to deport them, it is for being in the US without documents. and it's a civil matter.
Pages:
Jump to: