Pages:
Author

Topic: Unemplyment at least 50% how world will look like then ? - page 5. (Read 1206 times)

Activity: 1792
Merit: 507
I do not think that it's regional all that much. Look at the USA, or the UK, I know some Asian nations too, and in places like Venezuela and Turkey they have it for higher range, people who are 25 or under, and people who are 50 and over all having hard time finding jobs.

Young people because they lack experience, and older people because they can find cheaper alternatives that are 10+ years younger. Getting 40-45 year olds as high level managers, and executives, and getting 30-35 year olds as worker base. This is both cheap, and also has ab it of experience for most of them. It’s quite good business for all the companies, but ruins the nations for sure.
Yeah, having a job is a very hard thing these days and that is why we are seeing an uptick in online remote working as well.

The real trouble for western nations will start when they realize that they could literally take on remote workers all around the world, think about it they allowed their workers to be remote during pandemic, so why not allow them to be remote now and pick someone from anywhere in the world? That means that you are not strictly looking for someone who is living nearby and can travel to your office, you are looking for someone between 8 billion people. This will result with both cheaper and better workers for that company.
FInding job is difficult - but I think if a person is a skilled worker. They can remain jobless. Even if they are not doing a 9-5 work they can earn their the skill they have. The skills can be teaching, yoga, artist, carpentry. Universities should also make sure that they make their students skilled graduate.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 140
I do not think that it's regional all that much. Look at the USA, or the UK, I know some Asian nations too, and in places like Venezuela and Turkey they have it for higher range, people who are 25 or under, and people who are 50 and over all having hard time finding jobs.

Young people because they lack experience, and older people because they can find cheaper alternatives that are 10+ years younger. Getting 40-45 year olds as high level managers, and executives, and getting 30-35 year olds as worker base. This is both cheap, and also has ab it of experience for most of them. It’s quite good business for all the companies, but ruins the nations for sure.
Yeah, having a job is a very hard thing these days and that is why we are seeing an uptick in online remote working as well.

The real trouble for western nations will start when they realize that they could literally take on remote workers all around the world, think about it they allowed their workers to be remote during pandemic, so why not allow them to be remote now and pick someone from anywhere in the world? That means that you are not strictly looking for someone who is living nearby and can travel to your office, you are looking for someone between 8 billion people. This will result with both cheaper and better workers for that company.
Activity: 966
Merit: 573
God is great

Unemployment is something a very long time problem on some countries because it does really vary on how the government do really make out solutions and steps in fighting
or trying to neutralize it or at least resolving it.This do actually depends on certain country conditions.
With every passing year there are more resources coming. Even at this time - when everyone has smart phone and people can earn and learn by sitting at home. If someone is unemployed - it is their fault. Not the government and not anyone else's. Find ways to learn and earn through freelancing.

Agree with this since even if the government take action towards unemployment but if the person is not willing to help his self then we cannot do anything to ease their suffering. Also its up to the person on how they take the opportunities since actually they can create their own jobs like selling good which is famous right now due to social media or look where the demand is since there are some services needed on your community and you can earn by giving a solution like becoming a delivery rider or other more than that.
With what the world is facing right now, it is very wrong for one to have a mindset,  relying on government for employment. The workers the government employed ,the government are finding it very difficult how they can be able to meet up with salary to pay them,  that is why their no new employment coming steady to take new workers. The world is so advanced for people to be expecting jobs from government,  their are many things that can be done by individuals that can generate money,  that can also create jobs for other people.
legendary
Activity: 3150
Merit: 1197
@Stompix clearly mentioned what OP have come to say. The work force at present is 261 million. Out of that only 151 million are employed. Based on this difference the unemployment is being calculated. At last he stated the real employment and unemployment calculation were different.

This 151 million falls under the direct employment, and the rest can be added into freelancing and more other ways of earning. Even during the world war the unemployment rate was 25% and in 2020 it once again reached a range of 14.7%. According to the web source the unemployment rate in USA at present is 3.6% which is lesser than the previous year.
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
There have been books and papers written about not working. One that should resonate with core principles from where (I believe) crypto originated from is The Abolition of Work, an essay by Bob Black. It's a bit dated now with the tech advances, but the core principles still stand. However, the most compelling case for less formal employment in the future is tech itself in form of automatization. I mean, just look at the differences in the work landscape automatization has done in the last 100 years or so (not to go deeper into the industrial revolution, the Ford conveyer belt assembly line is a good start for the last 100 years). It's a slow process, but you can feel it.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 593
Freelancing has become a trend so not all unemployed are jobless like what most people think. New generations now are more open-minded, they are not afraid to explore other field of work that will also give them mental stability. Some of my friends said they earn 5x more compared to their previous 9 to 5 job. They can work freely at their own time and still able to do their hobbies. As long as there is an opportunity for someone to earn money at their own comfort, this high unemployment rate will not decrease.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 546
Be nice!
The US national unemployment rate is way much lower than the figure you provided without a source. The latest number is only 3.6%.[1] That's fairly low.

But how will the world look like when unemployment is very high? Surely, one of the impacts would be on the demand of goods and services. With the decrease in demand, prices may be affected. But 80-90% might not really be a realistic figure. That huge decrease might eat up even the production cost. It's better to close shop than reduce the price 80-90%.

[1] https://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/state-unemployment-update.aspx#:~:text=All%2050%20states%20and%20the,lower%20than%20in%20May%202021.
Having a 50% unemployment rate really is too much and isn't a realistic figure as it will affect the economy of one's country a lot. Even with 3.6% unemployment rate can even affect the services being provided by companies as the required manpower may have not be reached. Just as you've said, supply and demand chain will in chaos in case more than 50% unemployment rate will be reached. Also, the economy of one country will suffer as demands and services will not be provided appropriately which may even collapse various companies.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 289
Unemployment has different categories. Not all unemployed does not mean he has no income. This strength can be drawn from the increase in job applicants in factories and some shops. Unemployment means he is free without the need to work according to structured rules.
you're right for this because unemployment have right and criteria depends what for ourselves know as unemployment. Some people is unemployed because they have no qualifications and some have qualifications both they are not employed but when looking at them the are feeding well and living healthy because of the wisdom they use to earn a living. Somebody most not basically depend for government employment and government appointment. People who does not depend or after government jobs are the people who builds companies and big sector's people to work. Those people also have no job but have ambition and plans. So some people unemployment does not affect them.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 255

Unemployment is something a very long time problem on some countries because it does really vary on how the government do really make out solutions and steps in fighting
or trying to neutralize it or at least resolving it.This do actually depends on certain country conditions.
With every passing year there are more resources coming. Even at this time - when everyone has smart phone and people can earn and learn by sitting at home. If someone is unemployed - it is their fault. Not the government and not anyone else's. Find ways to learn and earn through freelancing.

Agree with this since even if the government take action towards unemployment but if the person is not willing to help his self then we cannot do anything to ease their suffering. Also its up to the person on how they take the opportunities since actually they can create their own jobs like selling good which is famous right now due to social media or look where the demand is since there are some services needed on your community and you can earn by giving a solution like becoming a delivery rider or other more than that.

That is why I do not agree if the government overcomes poverty and unemployment by providing direct financial assistance. The government
should provide the unemployed with training to improve their skills, thus opening up their opportunities to get bigger jobs. Or often we have
family or friends who are unemployed, the way to help is not by giving money, but by providing education so that they want to learn improve
their skills and not stop learning something new.

Because making money is not only looking for work in the company, but now making money is much easier with the ease of internet access.
There are so many ways to make money on the internet, we just need to take the time to find information and learn new things on the internet.
Now there are lots of video tutorials that can improve our skills, so only lazy people who I think have been unemployed for too long.
Unemployment should continue to decline, if many people try to improve their skills and don't stop to learn new things, it will pave the way
to earn income.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1854
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏
The US national unemployment rate is way much lower than the figure you provided without a source. The latest number is only 3.6%.[1] That's fairly low.

But how will the world look like when unemployment is very high? Surely, one of the impacts would be on the demand of goods and services. With the decrease in demand, prices may be affected. But 80-90% might not really be a realistic figure. That huge decrease might eat up even the production cost. It's better to close shop than reduce the price 80-90%.

[1] https://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/state-unemployment-update.aspx#:~:text=All%2050%20states%20and%20the,lower%20than%20in%20May%202021.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
Unemployment at least 50% in usa at least so how THE wprld world will look like ?
Definately all prices will 80-90%down

This entirely depends on the definition of 'unemployment' and how people would cope up to this.

Do you have any empirical data to back-up your claim of 50% unemployment rate in the USA? In addition, unemployment does not absolutely mean that a person has no source of income; nor does it mean that a person is suffering. Unemployment has three (3) types that vary from each definition and not all mean negative. A person may be self-employed but he may be unemployed at the same time while earning more money in the process compared when he is employed in a company.

Though the pandemic has definitely cause an impact towards unemployment, with this being the current situation, people would necessarily adjust to this living in order to alleviate their situation.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1220

Activity: 1792
Merit: 507

Activity: 2926
Merit: 722
Not true. It's just because of the pandemic that they put exaggerated numbers, if it's real or the news is real, wherever you get it.
I am part of the unemployed people but I am not part of the lazy ones. I can create ways to make money but of course they won't say it's legal because there's no taxation that happens although it's not illegal like selling drugs or weapons.
A lot of jobs had opened ever since social media had been the trend for every human who have a smartphone with an internet.
The possible answer on where the missing percentage is in vlogging, article creators, and more. They are not being counted because they are not part of a company.

When you say, people started vlogging and earning and they are not counted as they are not part of a company, I am remembered of my friend who left an IT job and started up his own youtube channel vlogging. His current earnings is obviously higher than what he was earning in his old company. Why I am saying here is, since social media started booming up, many unemployed, found their way to earn. Many vloggers are so happy at their routine work as they love and do it with more passion.
Ive known someone on the same condition where they are earning more on dealing with online things than or compared into their day job which could possibly cause it do affects out in overall statistics or simply with that unemployment rate.We dont know the  complete story behind but much sure to those people who do have succeed into this industry are only a few if we do compare in overall numbers.

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1172
Unemployment at least 50% in usa at least so how THE wprld world will look like ?

The world would be unrecognizable and if it ever got to this sort of state in most countries then we would likely be in the midst of world war 3. Your idea that prices would be 80-90% down is meaningless, because at that point half the people would have no money to spend and be descending into absolute poverty. Governments would collapse as the tax receipts dried up, public services would be severely depleted and infrastructure would start to be neglected, falling into disrepair. Most advanced societies really struggle if they in the worst scenarios hit 20% unemployment and it can really drag development back in time at this level. Anarchy would start to descend, with supply and demand seriously out of whack.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
Not true. It's just because of the pandemic that they put exaggerated numbers, if it's real or the news is real, wherever you get it.
I am part of the unemployed people but I am not part of the lazy ones. I can create ways to make money but of course they won't say it's legal because there's no taxation that happens although it's not illegal like selling drugs or weapons.
A lot of jobs had opened ever since social media had been the trend for every human who have a smartphone with an internet.
The possible answer on where the missing percentage is in vlogging, article creators, and more. They are not being counted because they are not part of a company.

When you say, people started vlogging and earning and they are not counted as they are not part of a company, I am remembered of my friend who left an IT job and started up his own youtube channel vlogging. His current earnings is obviously higher than what he was earning in his old company. Why I am saying here is, since social media started booming up, many unemployed, found their way to earn. Many vloggers are so happy at their routine work as they love and do it with more passion.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 642
Activity: 2968
Merit: 670
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I think portugal and spain have both endured youth unemployment statistics near to 50% for their age bracket of 19 to 24. It would seem parts of europe have already achieved 50% unemployment for some segments of the population.
Those are regional things, it's mostly because of particular situations and also a lot of mentalities of the populations.
All over Europe there are different things, from low unemployment when it comes to women in Italy for example, to youngsters in most southern countries to overall less willingness to work in the true economy and more in the black, unregulated in the eastern parts...and so on

Anyhow, when it comes to Europe the employment levels are sky-high, even in Spain,
Spain sees record employment levels since 2008, the EU is experiencing the highest level of labor participation in its history,  74.5 %, it's full 10 and in some cases, even 20% higher than other countries in the world and I'm not talking about 3rd world economies.

Activity: 882
Merit: 268
I have been unemployed for a couple of years, but I am even doing much better financially than when I was employed, to an extent that I don't think I will ever apply for any form of formal employment.

Does that mean I am fucked? Nope.

Just wondering, where do you get that data that Unemployment is at around 50% in the US?
This includes the category of unemployed because you do not work and are not registered as workers Cheesy
But indeed, in a case like this, formal work is actually not a guarantee to make life better, moreover I also feel the same way as you do because during the pandemic I also lost my formal job. but I prefer my daily activities now which basically make me more comfortable and my needs are met from some of the things I do because indeed not all recorded work and considered work can make needs fulfilled because sometimes there are some odd jobs that are even more promising .
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
I have been unemployed for a couple of years, but I am even doing much better financially than when I was employed, to an extent that I don't think I will ever apply for any form of formal employment.

Does that mean I am fucked? Nope.

Just wondering, where do you get that data that Unemployment is at around 50% in the US?
Being formally employed is not the only means to generate an income these days, we have a lot of online jobs that offer greater compensation than we usually get from our stable 8-hour day job. I guess that maybe the reason why the case of unemployment has risen today, but i also didn't get the idea why it took 80-90% prices down.
Possible reason or something that should be considered because statistics do only shows those physical or dayjobs and not to those jobs online and its true that earning opportunity or income that could

be gained through online jobs is much more better and something worth on spending  your time and effort rather than on doing that 8-5 job you do have physically.
Even myself had some side jobs despite on having a day job too where it do acts as a side income but do have some consideration on quitting it fully depending if i do see for it to be worth or not.
The risk on having online job is that you cant really assure yourself that it would really be lasting for long or years since we know it does depend on contract.
Pages:
Jump to: