Pages:
Author

Topic: UNESCO declares Islam as the most peaceful religion of the world - page 4. (Read 2977 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
I don't understand how they could declare such an obvious lie. No religion can be peaceful least of all Islam, we have many Islamic terrorist all around the world. Islam and christianity provoked many wars in the past
Activity: 376
Merit: 250
"UNESCO has declared that Islam is the most peaceful religion of the world.

The United Nations body released a statement that revealed that UNESCO had partnered with International Peace Foundation six months back
to study all religions of the world and find out which was most peaceful amongst all.

When asked about the terror attacks being carried out in the name of Islam, the UNESCO official denied that it had anything to do with Islam.

Terror has no religion, Islam means peace."

Source:http://www.juntakareporter.com/world/unesco-declares-islam-as-the-most-peaceful-religion-of-the-world/

It is an old news, but I happened to find it just now. So I want to ask, what is your opinion on that?

It reminds me of time when Barack Obama won the Nobel Prize...

I actually agree with that statement that "terror has no religion, Islam means peace". Those terrorist individuals though they came from Islam Populated communities but they do not practice Islam. They promote violence and terror and thus they cannot be considered a muslim. A muslim is a person who practice and preach love and peace that the Quran is promoting, a terrorist uses qoutes from the Quran and mix it to fit it into their own violent agenda.

I think you mean jihad. many terrorist claim that their just doing jihad because they kill those are against or not the same religion, i don't believe that islam is the most religion. I will start believing if the terrorist attacks in middle east will be escalated. I think UNESCO is influenced by many muslim people so that it can change their image to the public
Activity: 994
Merit: 544

The United Nations body released a statement that revealed that UNESCO had partnered with International Peace Foundation six months back
to study all religions of the world and find out which was most peaceful amongst all.

When asked about the terror attacks being carried out in the name of Islam, the UNESCO official denied that it had anything to do with Islam.

Source:http://www.juntakareporter.com/world/unesco-declares-islam-as-the-most-peaceful-religion-of-the-world/

It is an old news, but I happened to find it just now. So I want to ask, what is your opinion on that?

I actually agree with that statement that "terror has no religion, Islam means peace". Those terrorist individuals though they came from Islam Populated communities but they do not practice Islam. They promote violence and terror and thus they cannot be considered a muslim. A muslim is a person who practice and preach love and peace that the Quran is promoting, a terrorist uses qoutes from the Quran and mix it to fit it into their own violent agenda.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
I think it's relatively easy to figure out that our ISIS friends may not be interpreting Islam in the way many people would choose to. And it's rather revealing that many of these Islamic terrorists usually turn out to be drug taking alcoholics who are busy trawling gay dating apps in between munching bacon sandwiches.
What about the refugees, who say women have no rights and can be freely beat up by their husbands? What about those migrants who say they feel offended by people drinking alcohol and eating pork and saying they will fight for sharia law in Europe? They aren't terrorists (most of them) and they don't belong to ISIS...
Islam doesn't deserve to be given that award IMO.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
The organization being ineffective and the organization ceasing to exist are two separate things. Since no single entity runs the UN their existence is dependent on parties still showing up to the table as an organization. As long as a few of these countries (no matter how corrupt, self serving, or ineffective they are) continue to claim "we are the UN" then the UN will continue to exist.

"They will cease to exist" when they decide to stop participating...no one can make them stop.

If I remember right, Saudi Arabia is the head of the UN human rights section so I'm not surprised  Roll Eyes
Since the end of world war II in all the international institutions infiltrated corruption and politics. They have ceased to perform their functions and it seems to me that if they do not change, they will cease to exist.

Interesting perspective, who would make the UN cease to exist. If all these countries subscribe to or tolerate the "infiltration" as you call it and continue to show up for the meetings, who will actually end it?
The UN was conceived as an organization which will monitor that in the world there was order and there was no war. Since the founders of the United Nations began to wage war and to block decisions on them using the right of veto, the organization does not make sense.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I think it's relatively easy to figure out that our ISIS friends may not be interpreting Islam in the way many people would choose to. And it's rather revealing that many of these Islamic terrorists usually turn out to be drug taking alcoholics who are busy trawling gay dating apps in between munching bacon sandwiches.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
If I remember right, Saudi Arabia is the head of the UN human rights section so I'm not surprised  Roll Eyes
Since the end of world war II in all the international institutions infiltrated corruption and politics. They have ceased to perform their functions and it seems to me that if they do not change, they will cease to exist.

Interesting perspective, who would make the UN cease to exist. If all these countries subscribe to or tolerate the "infiltration" as you call it and continue to show up for the meetings, who will actually end it?
The UN was conceived as an organization which will monitor that in the world there was order and there was no war. Since the founders of the United Nations began to wage war and to block decisions on them using the right of veto, the organization does not make sense.

Activity: 112
Merit: 100
Activity: 555
Merit: 507
I agree with the statement "terrorism has no religion, Islam means peace." But this does not mean that Islam means peace more than every other mainstream religion.

And the fact that people commit terrorism in the name of Islam (rightly or wrongly) makes the assumption maybe there are tenents of Islam that promote violence more logical to accept.

Where are the Religion's Leaders when these terrorist acts occur? Where are the Imams in the US and Europe the day after terrorist attacks occurred in NYC, Orlando, Nice, Paris?

I don't recall every hearing an Imam publicly and emphatically denounce terrorism. Is it because they're scared to speak out against what they know is a dangerous faction inside their religion? Or is it because the violence is in some way justified by the religions teachings? Or is it something else?

If Muslims want the world to believe that Islam is a religion of peace their leaders need to start saying so, acting as so.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10

And what they had to say? UNESCO would never say that religion encourages terrorism. I don't believe them. What's in the Bible it is spoken not by words but by deeds watch. Islam is the abode for terrorists.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

DISCLAIMER! It seems that this whole - ISLAM RELIGION OF PEACE CERTIFICATE - is a big hoax!
UNESCO already denounces this fake statement:

We wish to refer to the recent allegations posted on the website juntakareporter, citing an alleged statement and certificate from UNESCO declaring "Islam as the most peaceful religion of the world". Such statement was never made by the Organization and that the certificate reproduced on this website is a fake one. The website that published this information is a satirical media.

http://www.unesco.org/new/en/media-services/single-view/news/unesco_denounces_fake_statement/

Here's is another fake news saying UNESCO giving Islam a certificate of peace

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/headline/did-unesco-really-give-islam-a-certificate-of-peace-radio-pakistan-spreads-weird-misinformation/

So it looks like the media is trying to paint Islam as "religion of peace" Cheesy

Thanks for finding this info, Kemarit
Pages:
Jump to: