Pages:
Author

Topic: Unfinished CryptoNight OpenCL (AMD) miner - page 2. (Read 20750 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I think a donation fee is ok. Its fair to give developer a share, and this way everyone donates proportional to their "income".

5% is not okay though because we have electricity to pay for too ...
Why not?!
A miner which gives you 2x the speed of regular one (if any!) and you think 5% is too much?
Don't use it then.
Its a win-win for the developer AND users. Until better way to reward devs is found

we have to cover electricity costs 5% is too much and he charges that much because he knows we don't have any other option, if i'm not going to profit (electricity is 80% of my mining revenue + 5% dev fee + 2% pool fee) after paying for electricity then what is the point .....

also 2 x faster 100 x faster difficulty will normalize that when everybody starts using that miner

devfee should never be over 1 ~ 2 % as a maximum because tons of users will be using that miner and hash for him at no electricity cost so why be greedy, i mean the dev will still end with a huge amount of electricity free hashes ...

Honestly, a dev for a miner will get more at 2% or lower dev fee, because people will more likely give a donation that will surpass the 5% from the richer miners/investors. This is my opinion though.

Noooooooooope.
+1  Grin (actually those who give aren't generally the big whale (who have to pay their electricity bill and pool fee... Grin good one  Grin) but rather the small users, or some coin supporters in some case... the community doesn't show a lot its appreciation... )

look u r going to defend the 5% fee and then u come here and talk oh come on even the op doesn't agree with such a high fee ... that is pure GREED period !
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

I think a donation fee is ok. Its fair to give developer a share, and this way everyone donates proportional to their "income".

Why not?!
A miner which gives you 2x the speed of regular one (if any!) and you think 5% is too much?
Don't use it then.
Its a win-win for the developer AND users. Until better way to reward devs is found

we have to cover electricity costs 5% is too much and he charges that much because he knows we don't have any other option, if i'm not going to profit (electricity is 80% of my mining revenue + 5% dev fee + 2% pool fee) after paying for electricity then what is the point .....

also 2 x faster 100 x faster difficulty will normalize that when everybody starts using that miner

devfee should never be over 1 ~ 2 % as a maximum because tons of users will be using that miner and hash for him at no electricity cost so why be greedy, i mean the dev will still end with a huge amount of electricity free hashes ...

Honestly, a dev for a miner will get more at 2% or lower dev fee, because people will more likely give a donation that will surpass the 5% from the richer miners/investors. This is my opinion though.

Noooooooooope.
+1  Grin (actually those who give aren't generally the big whale (who have to pay their electricity bill and pool fee... Grin good one  Grin) but rather the small users, or some coin supporters in some case... the community doesn't show a lot its appreciation... )
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Admin of DwarfPool.com
5% fee doesn't bother me from Claymore's miner, but the performance could be %50 or more would be more satisfactory....

Anyone having some success in compile a better version for CryptoNight algo? Even in alpha form?

I'd get on optimizing this one if it was working. Wish there was someone else with OCL knowledge.

See my repo, may be you have more luck:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8117523
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
try pm user "reorder" (from 1GH.com) he upgraded heavycoin & mjollnircoin amd miners

maybe you can convince him to help... he is good Smiley
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
5% fee doesn't bother me from Claymore's miner, but the performance could be %50 or more would be more satisfactory....

Anyone having some success in compile a better version for CryptoNight algo? Even in alpha form?

I'd get on optimizing this one if it was working. Wish there was someone else with OCL knowledge.

there has to be someone that know's OCL coding.... this forum is full of coders and yet almost no1 wants to stand up and help.....
Activity: 518

Why not?!
Don't use it then.

Noooooooooope.

If I was a more wealthier miner/investor, I would donate 10% of my earnings. But that's how I think...Guess others don't think like that....I did say it's my opinion, to re-quote it....

Why not?!
Don't use it then.

Activity: 1034

Why not?!
Don't use it then.

Also, if no faster miner was released, and everybody was still using a slower one, then it would be the same, just the difficulty would be lower, but the amount of coins for each should be similar.

Why not?!
Don't use it then.

legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

Why not?!
Don't use it then.

Activity: 616

How about bounty ? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bounty-for-open-sourced-xmrcryptonight-gpu-miner-bounties-thread-656841 Total: 500 XMR, 1 BTC

legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Quote from: Wolf0
I released a 2x faster cpuminer for XMR a while ago - I got less than 0.2 BTC in donations. Believe me, donators are in the minority.
I herewith commit to donate 0.03 BTC to yourself (I know it's not much but that's still a week worth of mining on my rig nowadays Embarrassed) if you manage to get the XMR miner working on Linux for AMD GPUs (with comparable or better hashrates Claymore achieves on Windows). I would then need the exact commands to compile/install etc as well as my Linux skills are second to... all.  Tongue
Activity: 519
Merit: 252
I need to know if it gets correct hashes  Grin
I'm now getting about 1 H/s which is nowhere close to CPU speeds, so I'm not going to wait for shares now.

Stupid question about design: are you returning the full result to the CPU for testing against difficulty? Because most GPU miners do an initial test on the GPU, which makes communication a lot faster, and they only return the gid/nonce when necessary. It looks like you're not using the gid...
can we expect to mine with this without being forced to pay that stupid 5% miner fee that claymore miner has ... also the way he forces us makes feel that this guy can't really be trusted ...

Of course - it's open source. But while I don't agree with the amount of his fee, I think devs should be paid - and it's not like more than 2-3% of people donate.

i would have donated but the way he forces us makes me not wanna trust him .... and he is being very rude about it because he knows that his closed source software is the only one available to AMD cards also his software is under developed it doesn't even show cards temps how lazy is that and still forcing us to pay him for that lousy job of his just because he knows that we have no other option  Angry

I released a 2x faster cpuminer for XMR a while ago - I got less than 0.2 BTC in donations. Believe me, donators are in the minority.

well at least u were a decent man and still started a new open source gpu miner project despite the low donation, that's something Smiley
can we expect to mine with this without being forced to pay that stupid 5% miner fee that claymore miner has ... also the way he forces us makes feel that this guy can't really be trusted ...

Of course - it's open source. But while I don't agree with the amount of his fee, I think devs should be paid - and it's not like more than 2-3% of people donate.

i would have donated but the way he forces us makes me not wanna trust him .... and he is being very rude about it because he knows that his closed source software is the only one available to AMD cards also his software is under developed it doesn't even show cards temps how lazy is that and still forcing us to pay him for that lousy job of his just because he knows that we have no other option  Angry
Activity: 519
Merit: 252
Code:
clBuildProgram() returned -11!
"/tmp/OCL25634T8.cl", line 366: error: invalid type conversion
                AES256Round((uint *)c, (ulong *)&long_state[aindx],
                (uint *)a);
                                       ^

"/tmp/OCL25634T8.cl", line 368: error: invalid type conversion
                CopyBlock((ulong *)&long_state[aindx], b);
                          ^

"/tmp/OCL25634T8.cl", line 372: error: invalid type conversion
                CopyBlock(b2, (ulong *)&long_state[cindx]);
                              ^

"/tmp/OCL25634T8.cl", line 377: error: invalid type conversion
                CopyBlock((ulong *)&long_state[cindx], a);
                          ^

"/tmp/OCL25634T8.cl", line 325: warning: variable "gid" was declared
but never
          referenced
        __private uint i, j, gid, aeskey1[64], aeskey2[64];
                             ^

4 errors detected in the compilation of "/tmp/OCL25634T8.cl".

Frontend phase failed compilation.
Looks like pretty minor errors, but I have no time to hack on this now.

I removed all those (ulong *)'s as I figured there's no need for type conversion, they're already defined with that type. It compiles and runs on my AMD system, clearly hashing something.

Unfortunately, my first GPU is a very slow, integrated one, so I'd like a way to force the second device...

Edit: one obvious compile issue was fixed by adding -std=gnu99 to CFLAGS. The compiler even suggest either that or -std=c99, but it also hints at GNU extensions, and indeed only the gnu99 worked. (This is probably included by default, but got messed by custom flags :-j)
Pages:
Jump to: