Pages:
Author

Topic: Unfinished CryptoNight OpenCL (AMD) miner - page 4. (Read 20750 times)

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
nice  Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Bump  Grin

don't tease me with a new post!!  Wink watching this with interest and waiting for the more technical among us to unveil something new and revolutionary!
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
This topic has appeared on the following day after vehre refused to quit. This is also a chance?
anyhow, I fail to see the interest claymore algo is way much faster... (if it is just to get the bounty.... at 50USD/hour, it would cost you more)

How do you know Claymore's is faster? This doesn't even work yet - it uses ONE GPU work-item and ONE thread.

Speaking of open-source gpu-miners... Wolf0, you might want to take a look at tsiv's latest release for cuda-miner... made a binary to mine on compute 2.1 and compute 2.0 (fermi) cards.

Maybe that can help?

My 1GB 560ti's get 200h/s each. Just saying.

Did that. While the code is not the bottleneck, I'll tell you - that code is SLOW. Also, a little painful to look at. Just to prove it, I'll give you a little bit of code that is a drop-in replacement for his ccminer that shows what I'm talking about: http://pastebin.com/UqUJ7WKu

Like I said, it won't make it much faster, because it appears the code is not the bottleneck - but if you just look at it, it makes you think, "WTF was he smoking?"

Another example - in the older versions of ccminer, he had this:

Code:
#define E2I(x) ((size_t)((*((uint64_t*)x) / AES_BLOCK_SIZE) & (MEMORY / AES_BLOCK_SIZE - 1)))

That was used four times in a loop that executes 252,144 times. Now, the compiler can optimize some of this away - AES_BLOCK_SIZE and MEMORY are both constants, 16 and 1 << 21 (0x200000, off the top of my head.) Divides are OUCH slow, but to be fair the compiler should fix that. Now, he has since replaced it with this, showing he's getting better:

Code:
#define E2I(x) ((size_t)(((*((uint64_t*)(x)) >> 4) & 0x1ffff)))

But he still doesn't seem to see the fail here - the result of E2I is multiplied by AES_BLOCK_SIZE without exception. Therefore...

Code:
((uint64_t *)x)[0] & 0x1FFFF0;

... can replace the whole E2I macro PLUS the multiply. Why? The first divide by AES_BLOCK_SIZE and the multiply by the same that is always done after cancel. By the way, idk if 32-bit ops are any faster or slower on the GPU, but you don't need 64-bit width - you're masking out everything anyway. So if 32-bit is faster:

Code:
((uint32_t *)x)[0] & 0x1FFFF0;

The 0 on the end is to mask out four bits - the bit shift down by four, then up by four would clear them, so an AND by zero does the same.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
Bump  Grin
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Just a quick fist bump from me, just to say I'm eager to see this working!
Been supporting the guys over at PiMP lately as I thing they're doing an awesome work with their platform. Heard they had been in touch with you, hope you can build something great!  Cool Cheesy
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
test under pimp

wget http://ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/autoconf-2.69.tar.gz

tar -xvzf autoconf-2.69.tar.gz

cd autoconf-2.69/

./configure

make

make install

autoconf --version

cd ..

ln -s /opt/AMDAPP/lib/x86/libOpenCL.so /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so

wget https://github.com/wolf9466/opencl-cryptonight/archive/master.zip

unzip master.zip

cd opencl-cryptonight-master/

cp -R /opt/sgminer/winbuild/dist/include/CL CL

CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" ./configure --prefix=/usr

make

minerd -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://mine.moneropool.org:80 -u 463tWEBn5XZJSxLU6uLQnQ2iY9xuNcDbjLSjkn3XAXHCbLrTTErJrBWYgHJQyrCwkNgYvyV3z8zctJL PCZy24jvb3NiTcTJ -p x -t 2
[2014-07-02 20:38:35] Using JSON-RPC 2.0
[2014-07-02 20:38:35] 1 miner threads started, using 'cryptonight' algorithm.
[2014-07-02 20:38:35] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://mine.moneropool.org:80
[2014-07-02 20:38:35] Pool set diff to 10000
[2014-07-02 20:38:35] Stratum detected new block
[2014-07-02 20:38:36] thread 0: 1 hashes, 0.96 H/s
[2014-07-02 20:38:40] thread 0: 59 hashes, 14.90 H/s

it will not support the gpu yet?
or I forget something?
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
Wolf0,
Do not worry, you are supported by those of us who can see clearly.  Even if we require corrective lenses to do so.
 Wink
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Is there any chance for Windows binary?
Activity: 328
Merit: 250
This topic has appeared on the following day after vehre refused to quit. This is also a chance?
anyhow, I fail to see the interest claymore algo is way much faster... (if it is just to get the bounty.... at 50USD/hour, it would cost you more)

It doesn't mean it will stay the fastest.
If more people get involved in the open GPU miner, we're probably going to see better optimisations.

I support that.
It was only the wind.

How do you know Claymore's is faster? This doesn't even work yet - it uses ONE GPU work-item and ONE thread.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
It really shouldn't matter who made it first or claim come with it first, main focus is to get it working. Then credit can be given to all involved.
I do not claim authorship or reward. I want everyone to know - programmer vehre - dishonest
It was only the wind.
I'm not him. CPUminer is used as a base - of course the output is similar.
cryptonight_lobotomized.c - file name coincided by chance?

Then tell your friend he needs to stop ripping off MY open source work. This is simple - your friend vehre or whoever cloned my repo and did some OpenCL. I used my repo to do the OpenCL. So yes, they look similar.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

It doesn't mean it will stay the fastest.
If more people get involved in the open GPU miner, we're probably going to see better optimisations.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Yeah... I mined your mom last night.

Speaking of open-source gpu-miners... Wolf0, you might want to take a look at tsiv's latest release for cuda-miner... made a binary to mine on compute 2.1 and compute 2.0 (fermi) cards.

Maybe that can help?

My 1GB 560ti's get 200h/s each. Just saying.
Activity: 518
It really shouldn't matter who made it first or claim come with it first, main focus is to get it working. Then credit can be given to all involved.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
hope you paid a lot for that  Grin (sorry this is a little pathetic  Grin)
Next, you should order something from a hacker to uncrypt claymore miner (might have already done it  Grin)
I did not pay because they do not get the finished product.
Most likely, vehre sold his unfinished work
It was only the wind.
I'm not him. CPUminer is used as a base - of course the output is similar.
cryptonight_lobotomized.c - file name coincided by chance?
Pages:
Jump to: