Pages:
Author

Topic: Unheated/Untreated ruby 1.27 carats with GIA report - page 4. (Read 21193 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000
Truly decentralized stable asset
A gentleman from Senegal that my wife and I have known for years brought an interesting item into our office this past week.  This is a rough diamond crystal mined in Central African Republic.  It weighs just over two carats.

If you have a need for any diamond please get in touch with me.  I have certified and non-certified stones at excellent prices.
legendary
The 2.14ct unheated blue sapphire is now SOLD
legendary

On very rare occasions, my wife and I come across important gemstones.  This stone has to be one of the most remarkable rubies I've seen to date.  At over 9 1/2 carats it is a massive size.  Because it is totally untreated and has a GRS/Swisslab report signed by Dr. Peretti stating it is unheated and also pigeon's blood color, this is truly an important stone.  It hails from the Montepuez mine in Mozambique.

Please inquire if you are interested in this or any other ruby.  Also if you are a gemstone afficianado or just want to learn more about gemstones, please send me a PM here on the forum with your e-mail address and I will add you to my newsletter list.  I publish perhaps 6-10 newsletters per year and each one has very valuable information on the gemstone trade from an insider's perspective.  Because my wife and I are in the gemstone district in Bangkok, we have access to stones and information that is not widely available.  Because we use Constant Contact to publish our newsletter, unsubscribing is just a click away if I bore you.  But you will not be bored if you have any interest in gemstones; I assure you!

This stone is offered at 725,000USD.  We have ruby from one to ten-carat size and prices are generally from $1,000 and up depending upon quality, color, and treatment distinctions.  This particular stone is completely untreated, but we also offer ruby that is heated, or heated and flux-healed.  If you have any questions about ruby treatment, please inquire with me by sending a message on this forum, or go to tiptopgem.com or paragonuniversaltrade.com which forward to my business facebook page where you can leave a message, or just give me a call.  My wife Melanie and I are in the office from 11:00AM to 6:00PM Bangkok time.  If you are in the USA you can dial my desk direct and toll-free at 800-607-1425. That number has been operational for my American and Canadian clients for over a decade! From other countries you can reach me at +66 2-635-8585.  I would be happy to take your call and answer your questions!

Other lab reports are available for this or any other gemstone that we sell.  In colored stones, it is important to know what you are buying and an independent laboratory report is an important part of that assurance.  If you have questions about the labs that are available please ask and we can discuss how much the various reports cost and the time each lab takes to complete their work on your stone.

As always if you have any questions about ruby, sapphire, emerald, or diamond- or colored diamonds- please get in touch!
legendary
And I forgot to mention one of my very favorite laboratories, Lotus.

http://lotusgemology.com/

legendary
If you are interested in a Sri Lankan (Ceylon) sapphire that has only been treated with traditional heat, and you also want deep, serious blue blue blue color, this might be the perfect stone.  Oh and it's cheap.  Well, we all have different ideas of cheap but relative to the sapphire market right now in Bangkok, I feel that I am offering this blue sapphire at a very modest price.  I have been buying and selling blue sapphire for eleven years now, and in terms of value this is one of the best I've seen.  

The color is superb, the brilliance is superb, it has a very large "face" meaning that when the cutter cut the rough stone, he was able to be very efficient and he got more face-up size than you would normally see in a sapphire that weighs this much.  This is critically important to the value of a stone because nobody wants to pay for a sapphire that looks smaller than its weight would suggest.  This blue sapphire from Ceylon weighs 2.81 carats, but face-up it appears to be over three carats.  It's a big, bold, bright yet deep blue gemstone.

Sapphire is the birthstone for September, but blue sapphire is also a statement of loyalty and fidelity.  If you can only give a woman two gemstones in her lifetime, if she is your wife choose ruby and sapphire.  Ruby is love and passion, blue sapphire fidelity.  It sounds like a great combination, yes?

2.81cts x 1390USD/ct

Natural blue sapphire from Sri Lanka, cushion shape, only traditional heat.  No diffusion, no chemicals- only heat. This gemstone was mined from the earth, cut and polished, then heated by man.  I do not expect you to take my word for any of this, so an independent laboratory report is available.  I am in the gemstone district in Silom, Bangkok, Thailand and there are probably a higher concentration of gemological laboratories here than anywhere else in the world.  If you want AIGS, GRS, GIA, Tokyo Gem Lab, GIT, or some other lab just let me know your choice.  I will then tell you how much the report fee is and how long it takes to get the stone back from the laboratory.

I am a GIA Graduate Gemologist and you can verify that at GIA.EDU.  I understand my ethical responsibilities to describe gemstones accurately, price them fairly, and disclose any known treatments that the gemstone has undergone.  And remember you not only have my guarantee, but also the independent laboratory gemologists' opinion of your gemstone.  All laboratories in Bangkok require two separate qualified gemologists to agree on the identification of a gemstone before a report is issued.  I can offer my opinions on laboratories here as I am personally acquainted with a fair number of gemologists employed at these institutions.  These are only my opinions however and other gemologists or gemstone dealers in Bangkok may disagree with some of my assessments.  Still, if you want to know just ask me.

If you buy a ruby, sapphire, emerald, or diamond and you don't buy it from me there is a very good chance that you didn't get the quality that you can afford.  That's a shame.  Don't settle for gemstones that are mediocre.  A gemstone will outlive you, and it will outlive the next generation and the next.  Even if a beautiful gemstone only gives you pleasure and pride for your lifetime, isn't that enough to ensure that you invest your time and money wisely?  My wife and I shop very efficiently.  We are right in the middle of the gemstone district in Bangkok and we have literally hundreds of gemstone wholesalers from whom we can source.  Whether we buy from a huge wholesaler or a one-man cutting shop, we always buy the most beauty for the money.

Please call me at 800-607-1425 if you are in America or if you are in a different country dial me direct at +66-2-6358585.  Tip Top Gem and tiptopgem.com are wholly owned by Paragon Universal Trade Co., Ltd, a Thai limited liability corporation.  When you dial my number it rings on my desk in Bangkok and we are in the office from 11:00AM to 6:00PM Monday through Friday.  Please give me a shout, or e-mail me your requirements for a ruby, diamond, emerald, or sapphire.  My wife and I would be pleased to serve you.
legendary
The unheated 2.14 carat blue sapphire is SOLD.
legendary
I have an unusual stone.  

It is a very beautiful UNHEATED blue sapphire.  This sapphire has a report from an independent gemological laboratory that states there is no evidence of heat treatment.  If you prefer a report from a different laboratory of course that is not a problem.  Labs like AIGS, GRS, GIT, and others are available.  Just inquire about the time and costs- some can take up to 8 weeks.

Please inquire if you need more information on this stone.  I am a GIA Graduate Gemologist and I understand my obligation to describe stones accurately and to disclose any treatments.  This blue sapphire is untreated.  It was mined from the earth, cut and polished.  No heat, no dye, no high temperature lattice (Be) diffusion, no fissures filled with foreign substances.

American customers can call me at 800 607 1425.  My wife and I are in the office from 10A to 5P Monday to Friday Bangkok time.  When we are not in the office this number goes to voicemail so feel free to leave a message.  We will get back with you.  

If you do not get my email newsletter you are missing out on a lot of shots of the inner-workings of this organization!  You will get to know Melanie and me much better if you get the newsletter, and you will also get to see some of the latest spectacular new rubies, sapphires, emeralds, and tanzanites that we have for you, as well as fun new pics of our office and the surroundings in Bangkok.  We have big plans for this Christmas season so stay tuned!  Send me a note and ask to be added to the mailing list.  It is a one or two-click unsubscribe process if you decide, hey, this guy writes a bunch of boring drivel!  But if you are interested in gemstones I seriously doubt that you will be bored by what I write and the pictures and videos that I take.

We also function as a full-service gemstone brokerage for clients who want to come to Thailand and negotiate directly with Thai gemstone dealers.  We have a full-time office in the heart of Bangkok's Silom gemstone district.  You can call my office direct +66 2-635-8585. Americans can use the toll free 800-607-1425 which also rings at my desk during business hours in Bangkok.
legendary
The tanzanite is SOLD
legendary
I also have a magnificent 3.02 carat pear-shaped tanzanite.  Beautiful color and very good brilliance make this a great choice!

An independent laboratory report is available for this gemstone as well.  Please inquire for details.
legendary
OK, I have the unheated Mozambican pigeon's blood ruby in my hand!

This report is signed by none other than Dr. A. Peretti.

This is a remarkable gemstone with extremely saturated red color.  In fact, it is "pigeon's blood" red which is the top color in ruby.  This gemstone is not treated at all- not with heat or anything else.  This is a 100% natural vivid red color.  This stone was mined from the earth, cut and polished.  That's all- 100% natural ruby with world-class color as stated by the independent laboratory report.  Dr. Adolph Peretti is among the most highly respected gemologists in the world and his laboratory, GRS/Swisslab of Lucerne, Switzerland is among the world's elite in issuing independent reports of fine quality gemstones, particularly ruby and sapphire.  Dr. Peretti is one of the world's foremost authorities on corundum and has done extensive research of nearly all of the significant ruby mines on the planet.

As a GIA Graduate Gemologist, I understand my obligations to describe gemstones accurately and to disclose all relevant treatments.  That is easy work on this stone as the pictures are as descriptive as anything I could write and the treatment is very straightforward: there isn't any.

If you have any questions about this ruby or any other gemstone, please contact me.  I would be happy to talk with you about any topic related to gemstones, especially our specialties which are ruby, sapphire, and emerald.  

I also have a toll-free phone number for my American clients:  800-607-1425.  My wife and I are in the office here in the gemstone district of Silom, Bangkok from 10AM to 5PM Mon-Fri Bangkok time.  If you are overseas but not in the USA, you can dial me at +66 2-635-8585.  That rings on my desk.

Please get in touch!

Dave

legendary
Definitely we deal in tanzanite.  I would be happy to check prices for you.  I have another client asking about three carat so I might as well look for you at the same time.  Do you know what shape you want?  Maybe oval or cushion?

probably would go for oval but cushion is not a problem. price matters in this case.

Price always matters.  I want to keep you as a client for the long haul.  A small profit on many stones is better than a big profit on one stone.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039
Definitely we deal in tanzanite.  I would be happy to check prices for you.  I have another client asking about three carat so I might as well look for you at the same time.  Do you know what shape you want?  Maybe oval or cushion?

probably would go for oval but cushion is not a problem. price matters in this case.
legendary
That is a beautiful ruby if you like synthetic stones.  I am actually a fan of them because you can get beautiful color for a very low price, and also they are very clean- high clarity.  Some people don't realize that synthetic ruby has the same chemical components as natural ruby, it has the same physical and optical properties and the same structure.  It is actually REAL ruby, but the crystal was grown in a lab instead of by the earth.  

If you want to see how flame-fusion ruby is made, just follow this link:

http://www.yourgemologist.com/FlameFusion/verneuil.html

It is truly amazing!  In essence it is nothing but powdered aluminum oxide (with chromium added for the red color) through a flame which liquifies it and then it drops on a moving platform and hardens.  This Verneuil fellow was obviously very bright to accomplish this in 1902!
legendary
Activity: 1204

Baguette cut Gems 5# ruby synthetic ruby on sale
US $0.00542 - 0.0058 / Piece
Supply Ability:    5,000,000 Piece/Pieces per Month
Jiang Yuan Gems, Wuzhou city,Guangxi.
legendary
This is the ruby that will be for sale on Thursday.  I have pictures of the report, but I don't have the stone in my hand yet because the owner is away until Thursday.  Right now is the busy gemstone show season here with Bangkok just ending and the Hong Kong show just beginning, so many dealers are out of their offices.  That means some lag in getting the right stones.

Here is the addendum with color details designating "pigeon's blood" color.  This is the rarest of all ruby.  To have not only pigeon's blood but also UNHEATED is exceptionally rare and highly desirable in the marketplace.  This is not only pigeon's blood, but it wasn't cooked or treated with chemicals to get that color.  It was only mined, cut, and polished.  No other treatment whatsoever.

The signature that you see belongs to none other than Dr. A. Peretti, a foremost corundum expert.  If anyone is interested in ruby I would encourage you to visit Dr. Peretti's site and learn more.  It is a fabulous resource.  I especially appreciate the inclusion pictures on his site as when you are a gemologist the learning never stops.  The field trips that he takes and the degree to which he documents idiosyncracies in material between different sources is hugely helpful to me when I have a stone in my hand or under the microscope. 

http://www.gemresearch.ch/inclusions/index.htm

That is an inclusion page, but you will find a lot more if you click around.  The report verification page is critical if you are buying a gemstone with a GRS report.  GRS reports ARE FAKED so make sure yours is legitimate!

legendary
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039
Will keep an eye on this.

Do you deal with blue tanzanite? Around 4ct?

Obviously heated one. If you have unheated what price would be for the same stone.
legendary
I will have a new ruby to post very soon- might be on Thursday.  .99 carats with independent laboratory report from GRS/Swisslab.
legendary
This 1.27 carat ruby is now SOLD
legendary
Thanks Salty!  I guess in time I will build trust up too.  Obviously doing escrow helps because you can turn over a lot of transactions.

I know you can't trust the system 100%, but negative trust ratings are sure red flags!  I am very careful with anyone who has negatives.

Pages:
Jump to: