Pages:
Author

Topic: UNICEF Will Give Out Bitcoin Grants via Henrietta Fore's Cryptocurrency Fund - page 2. (Read 282 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279
Well it would be interesting to see what they'd do with it. I just hope most of those projects they support with the crypto they've been receiving would succeed.

I wonder if those projects would be related to children's needs, being this UNICEF.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 332
This could potentially change how the public percieve cryptocurrencies in general. With UNICEF being quite a large institution, it might make other institutions think of adopting the currency, which would further increase adoption, and also encourage beneficiaries of the fund to talk about and consider using cryptocurrencies too. It also proves how cryptocurrency is not a get-rich-quick scheme as some people still think, but rather a tool that could be useful in financial sector.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
if i still remember it i think i have seen a site that said they donate to unicef a good amount of cash  .  

the site was also a crypto based site so i think that they pay in the form of cryptos  . i also check the link and it did accept cryptos but there was a minimum amount for donations so i havent tried it  cause i have a lower amount of crypto that time   .   not just unicef but other popular organizations were now already doing this kind of idea. its cool because crypto uses can give out easily  .
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
UNICEF has been one of the most progressive UN programme. Though the stance of UNICEF is not necessarily the decision of UN, UNICEF is one of the most influential organization and most widely recognized ones. They get their sponsorship from many corporates directly and are the first to get into a reverse sponsorship with a football club. This would not only ease people around the world to donate easily to UNICEF, UNICEF itself would be a hodler stimulating the adoption and price growth.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 589
UNICEF has planned this before and a few articles regarding it has been done in the past. Here's a link of the discussion about it here and here. Gotta admit though, with them taking a step, I'd say other companies would probably be enticed to follow. UNICEF is an agency founded by the UN with great goals and a great reputation amongst the charities out there, so I'd say pretty great by them.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18697
As long as I have a crypto to share, I would love to donate it there.
The national committees of New Zealand and France are both currently accepting bitcoin donations:
https://www.unicef.org.nz/donate-in-crypto
https://lp.unicef.fr/donate-in-cryptocurrencies/

You can also donate directly to UNICEF's Innovation Fund by following the link on the UNICEF NZ page linked above, or here: https://commerce.coinbase.com/charges/36MWGBA2

UNICEF USA certainly used to accept bitcoin donations, but I can't seem to find the link on their website anymore. Not sure why they removed it.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
A lot of people would donate to charity. And the feeling of giving money without anyone knowing its you is just amazing. As long as I have a crypto to share, I would love to donate it there.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18697
I think I've seen this news here in the forum before.
Yeah. Their initial press release about it was back in October. You can read it here: https://www.unicef.org/press-releases/unicef-launches-cryptocurrency-fund

UNICEF have 36 national committees, several of which have accepted bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as donations for a number of years, but usually via a payment processor and would sell the currency immediately for fiat. This new Cryptocurrency Fund is using crypto rather than just selling it, providing funding to start-ups and other companies directly in cryptocurrency.

You can read about the first three companies they are providing crypto funding to here: https://www.unicef.org/innovation/stories/Fundblockchain6months. They are Atix Labs, Prescrypto, and Utopixar.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
I think I've seen this news here in the forum before. So basically they are just holding their crypto and wait for it to rise in value rather than cash them out immediately (which I heard what most charities do). From there it's kinda vague.

It just says the held cryptos would be used for grants to "open source tech projects" which is weird for the UN's "Children's Fund". You think they're hoping some of those projects would make money and who can later donated back to UNICEF?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 260
1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL
Wow!this is hug guys, UNICEF is one of the largest and well known organizations in this world so this is a great achievement towards mass adoption of cryptocurrencies. What i really wish to seeing them doing is to also give aid and financial support by sending funds in bitcoins. That will surely spread news about bitcoin as a payment method in  under developed and developing countries
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
UNICEF's thinking about cryptocurrencies like bitcoin and ether appears to be expanding a little bit. Instead of selling bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies they receive as contributions, Henrietta Fore and UNICEF announced that the organization will now receive donations in cryptocurrencies.
The vision is to redistribute it to help open up open-source technology projects.

“This is a new and exciting venture for UNICEF,” said Henrietta Fore, UNICEF Executive Director. “If digital economies and currencies have the potential to shape the lives of coming generations, it is important that we explore the opportunities they offer. That’s why the creation of our Cryptocurrency Fund is a significant and welcome step forward in humanitarian and development work."

Read more and source ---> https://www.thegivingblock.com/post/cryptocurrency-donations-henrietta-fore-unicef-crypto-fund
Pages:
Jump to: