Pages:
Author

Topic: Unitus (UIS): 1st multi-auxPoW - 0.9.3.1 Required Update before Block 25300 - page 5. (Read 102714 times)

wgd
legendary
Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005
at this price it pays to dig? Is not it better to buy, dangerously with volumen is getting on bittrex
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Is there a problem with X11 at minerpools.com, or with the network?  I was going to mine some UIS but I see the pool hasn't found a block since December.  Is everyone merge mining?
Activity: 411
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
First, this was conceived as a community coin - with the hope of bringing in development from parent coins. If there is a feature that you want - develop it. If you can't cut code yourself, post the idea here (and perhaps with a bounty?) and maybe someone else will work with you. I'll be happy to pull in any (sane!) changes to the wallet source that others develop.
As far as I understand MYR basically sponsored the creation of UIS by having a bounty for a fully aux-mined coin.

Maybe worth stressing this.

It was born as a technical experiment and lives as community experiment.

Just to be clear, I like the idea.
Activity: 379
Following on Twitter @pyramusx
What's the total supply for this coin? Either currently or projected.
Activity: 487

Yeps seems it is a coin launched by 8bitcoder..eh MaxGuevara...eh WillowRosenberg...nono this is Neuromode (most probably one person, multiple accounts Wink)
No wonder all the people using his coins complain about his absence....He has no time to code, with all the threads he is running at bitcointalk.

Coins he launched are at least:

Joulecoin
Myriad
Quark
Mimiccoin
Chaincoin
Involved with woodcoin
Skeincoin

OK, let's just set the record straight here. I am the original creator of Unitus. I am not 8bitcoder nor do I go by any other name. Nor am I Neuromode - and Neuromode is not 8bitcoder (as I have had communication with both of them, and there is no-way they are the same person). I invited Neuromode to work with me on Unitus, one of his tasks was (and still is) to start and maintain this BCT thread.

I can't comment on your other list of coins, as I have no evidence that supports an answer either way, thus any comment would simply be speculation.

hm ok..
You indicate 8bitcoder is involved with this coin (that was the reason I found this coin, because it is in the announcement).
Your story why you created this coin is not very strong by the way.

Anyway....

For now I will indicate he is involved with Unitus (the same with woodcoin), not as the creator.

Activity: 294
Don't let this coin get kicked from BitTrex! Need more volume
Activity: 113
Merit: 10

Yeps seems it is a coin launched by 8bitcoder..eh MaxGuevara...eh WillowRosenberg...nono this is Neuromode (most probably one person, multiple accounts Wink)
No wonder all the people using his coins complain about his absence....He has no time to code, with all the threads he is running at bitcointalk.

Joulecoin
Myriad
Quark
Mimiccoin
Chaincoin
Involved with woodcoin
Skeincoin

OK, let's just set the record straight here. I am the original creator of Unitus. I am not 8bitcoder nor do I go by any other name. Nor am I Neuromode - and Neuromode is not 8bitcoder (as I have had communication with both of them, and there is no-way they are the same person). I invited Neuromode to work with me on Unitus, one of his tasks was (and still is) to start and maintain this BCT thread.

I can't comment on your other list of coins, as I have no evidence that supports an answer either way, thus any comment would simply be speculation.

Unitus is a coin on it's own, however it remains closely related to Myriad - the creation of Unitus was a fork of Bitcoin Core 0.9.3, pulling in Myriad coins' multi-algorithm code, plus dogecoin's AuxPoW code. This is not news - this was clearly highlighted at release time.

Lastly, to answer a question that has come up here several times - why no roadmap / plans / etc? Two reasons.

First, this was conceived as a community coin - with the hope of bringing in development from parent coins. If there is a feature that you want - develop it. If you can't cut code yourself, post the idea here (and perhaps with a bounty?) and maybe someone else will work with you. I'll be happy to pull in any (sane!) changes to the wallet source that others develop.

Second, there's too many existing coins out there that promote themselves on a list of promised features and then never deliver, thus reinforcing the current environment of scam-coins and general distrust. So, what would you rather, a coin that over-promises and under-delivers, or one that under-promises but over-delivers?
Activity: 487
It is still new so chances that it will rise more.

Yeah, just like Myriad.
No way, only by pump and dump.
I suppose this is not a coin, just a copy.

Joulecoin
Myriad
Quark
Mimiccoin
Chaincoin
Involved with woodcoin
Skeincoin

Activity: 448
bot owes me few k of UIS on reddit Sad

I'll get in contact with the guy operating it.
http://fuk.io - check it out!
bot owes me few k of UIS on reddit Sad
Activity: 626
Merit: 504
Hello Unitus Community,
Thank you for merge mining $BSTY!
We have added online wallets for Unitus $UIS at our main site: https://GlobalBoo.st
The online wallets have IRC chat, our social widgit, and we can put your Twitter and tipbot on the page as well (need code from here: https://twitter.com/settings/widgets)

We will also add UIS to our GlobalBoost® Payment Gateways & Wordpress / Woocommerce plugin for at 100,000$UIS bounty.
Bounty address: UVhS2c7oh9GjzoXJ2j7M3mLatD9u7MVz7z

All The Best,
Bruce Porter, Jr.
https://GlobalBoo.st/+/auglbost
https://twitter.com/NetworksManager

Curiously, who is holding the private keys for your user addresses? If you are, how are they being stored and retrieved by the user?
Activity: 952

Looking at graphic, appears like someone is acccumulating while price is low...Looks like someone is trying to shake UIS price....maybe we are missing some rumors for the coin or we are getting ready for a big pump?

As i've posted some days ago, UIS showed some action and finally tonight price jumped up!

Reading charts the big boom was just matter of time!!

Money more than doubled Wink
Cheers!
Activity: 444
Merit: 252
Hello Unitus Community,
Thank you for merge mining $BSTY!
We have added online wallets for Unitus $UIS at our main site: https://GlobalBoo.st
The online wallets have IRC chat, our social widgit, and we can put your Twitter and tipbot on the page as well (need code from here: https://twitter.com/settings/widgets)

We will also add UIS to our GlobalBoost® Payment Gateways & Wordpress / Woocommerce plugin for at 100,000$UIS bounty.
Bounty address: UVhS2c7oh9GjzoXJ2j7M3mLatD9u7MVz7z

All The Best,
Bruce Porter, Jr.
https://GlobalBoo.st/+/auglbost
https://twitter.com/NetworksManager

http://fuk.io - check it out!
We now have a working tipping bot on Reddit. Unitus (UIS) tipping will executed by the Myriad tipping bot (/u/myrtipbot).

Guide

1) Send /u/myrtipbot a message with the following format:

Code:
to: myrtipbot
subject: info

It should look like this:

2) Check your Reddit message inbox for a reply from /u/myrtipbot. You will be given a Unitus (UIS) address (and a MYR address). Send UIS to this address to be used for tipping.

It should look like this:

3) Once you have loaded UIS into your tipping account, tip other users by commenting on their post or comment with the following format (using a 10 UIS tip as an example):

+/u/myrtipbot 10 UIS

It should look like this (for a 10 UIS tip):

4a) If you have never received a UIS (or MYR) tip before: /u/myrtipbot will send you a message requiring that you "accept" the tip. This effectively creates your account. To accept the tip, click the "accept" link provided by /u/myrtipbot in the message. The format should look like this:

Code:
subject: accept

Note: I don't have a screenshot available for this step.

4b) If you have received a UIS (or MYR) tip before: /u/myrtipbot will send you a message showing the amount and user who tipped you. Your UIS is automatically deposited into your tipping account for later tipping use or withdrawal. The message will look like this:

5) To withdraw UIS to another address, send /u/myrtipbot a message with the following format:

Code:
subject: withdraw

It should look like this (for a 10 UIS withdraw):

the bot it not replying me today
legendary
Merit: 1000
I'm totally with you nzsquirrell!

We all need to chip in!

For example, there are community members who are providing mining pools, others block explorer, others network status page and mining calculators etc. Everyone is welcome to create and provide services on top of the Unitus blockchain.

This coin doesn't have leading developer team, everybody is welcome to contribute...

Alaso, if you don't have time or knowledge for development, always can ask community to collect bounty and hire some for proposed new feature implementation.

Maybe you could chip in with VAULT given that it's just tumbleweeds there now.
You right, but i could also be only an investor, ready to buy KKKK of coin, without of course contribute at the development of the coin....
i think is interest of everybody that the coin will rise up, and dev can't only wait that others people's help the coin to stand up....
Activity: 258
Merit: 100
romad.io - community manager
I'm totally with you nzsquirrell!

We all need to chip in!

For example, there are community members who are providing mining pools, others block explorer, others network status page and mining calculators etc. Everyone is welcome to create and provide services on top of the Unitus blockchain.

This coin doesn't have leading developer team, everybody is welcome to contribute...

Alaso, if you don't have time or knowledge for development, always can ask community to collect bounty and hire some for proposed new feature implementation.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
It was my understanding this coin was a community experiment.

Indeed it is/was. The concept was to have members from each of the various parent coin communities contribute, to provide ideas and then implement those ideas into real working services. Apart from a core group of individuals who have been together from the start, no-one else has done anything to help.

However, as is typical in the current crypto environment, most people are here with their hands out, only willing to take, never ready to give back. Until this situation changes, there will only be more coins that follow to the same pattern - launch, pump, dump and wither away.

So, to the next person who asks for news / roadmap / development update - ask yourself first, what are you willing to do for the community?
It was my understanding this coin was a community experiment.
Pages:
Jump to: