Pages:
Author

Topic: Unofficial attendance list - Bitcoin London 2012 - page 3. (Read 7700 times)

Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
I'll be there and give a talk on BitcoinSpinner.
donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
Having other commitments right through to 2013 I didn't imagine that I could attend, but suddenly things changed & I find that I will need to be in London for a week around that time anyway so why not, flight & accommodation booked - should be fun Smiley
donator
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
this should be a great networking opportunity
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
It is more than likely that I won't be there, but it seems like it could be a golden networking opportunity in addition to being around competent people that don't think Bitcoin itself is a Ponzi... I'm going to try!
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
I will be attending as a speaker and part of the official coverage. No one will recognize me though as I will be wearing a horse head mask.
Activity: 668
Merit: 501
i will be there and at least 3 other austrians who i know personally will come too.
Maybe we can arrange a cagefight or something?

Great marketing idea, do a jointly sponsored Bitcoin/MMA conference, lots of great matchups, guaranteed complete sell-out. 

Or get going a rumour going that Zhou Tong will be attending and doing a Q&A session, presenting further evidence in an attempt to to clear his name...many would travel great distances to see and participate in that.

Actually maybe that second one could actually be done and I suspect he'd be up for it, you might wanna propose it to him.  Over Skype, not in person, as I'd be afraid of a lynch mob trying to take the law into their own hands if they get physical access to him.

Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
Yeah thats going to be weird, my wife still has trouble accepting that I do something legit and it's bitcoin that pays the bills. I think she's expecting the police to show up any moment.

Enterprising Psychology PhD students should set up a booth to evaluate attendees for effects of early adopter syndrome. There's a great dissertation waiting to be written using this community as subjects.

More seriously, after all the accusations and bad blood on these boards arising from the Bitcoinica fallout and Pirate controversy, it should be therapueutic and good for people to actually interact as real human beings, hopefully revealing that not everyone's a scammer and the majority of early Bitcoin adopters are in fact honest, bright, and hardworking individuals.  Hopefully.

Maybe we can arrange a cagefight or something?
Yeah thats going to be weird, my wife still has trouble accepting that I do something legit and it's bitcoin that pays the bills. I think she's expecting the police to show up any moment.

Enterprising Psychology PhD students should set up a booth to evaluate attendees for effects of early adopter syndrome. There's a great dissertation waiting to be written using this community as subjects.

More seriously, after all the accusations and bad blood on these boards arising from the Bitcoinica fallout and Pirate controversy, it should be therapueutic and good for people to actually interact as real human beings, hopefully revealing that not everyone's a scammer and the majority of early Bitcoin adopters are in fact honest, bright, and hardworking individuals.  Hopefully.
I'll be there, and look forward to the surreal experience of being entirely surrounded by people who actually know what Bitcoin is.

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066
I'll be there !
I have a technical slot to go over what I have been doing with MultiBit over the summer.

Gary Rowe I know is coming too.

Mike Hearn is also speaking so unless he is using a fancy Google telepresence robot will also be there.
legendary
Activity: 1072
Merit: 1181
I'll be there!
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I'll be there!
donator
Activity: 544
I'll be attending and if my paper is accepted I will also be one of the speakers.
I will be attending as I'm one of the organisers and a speaker, looking forward to seeing all of you there.

Nefario.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054
There's a good chance I'll be going to the London conference, and my main motivation to do so will be to meet in person people I've known from the forums. The more the merrier.

As a resource to both myself and other people who want to know if the trip is worthwhile and who to look for, I'm inviting everyone who thinks he may attend to post in this thread.

Update: I'll attend and stay at the Royal National hotel.
Pages:
Jump to: