Pages:
Author

Topic: UnTorrent.Me - Convert torrents into zip downloads - page 4. (Read 14628 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
wow so this is like seedbox service on torrent file, using bitcoin as payment method
I love download on direct link, but many files already deleted on direct link hosting Sad
So i use torrent to download file, but sometimes it is so slow Sad
Your service is the answer for my need Cheesy
Question :
1. How long my file stay there if i don't delete it? In case i download file with big size, i need long time to download completely
2. What happen if i download copyrighted materials, like movies or TV series?
0.0005 btc per GB is really cheap, Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1015
It looks like another related service burned out, bananaseed.net is now closed and redirecting to google.com https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/betaseedbox-free-cloud-seedbox-1023797
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I found a problem with a partial download (single .part file in zip) or download still im progress although website says 100%.

It said 100% right away after I entered the magnet url.

I'll PM you the link to you can see which file.

EDIT: ok, it's downloaded now.

So the bug is that it says 100%.

I'm assuming this can happen when a file I want to download has already been started by someone else but is not complete yet?

Thanks for the report, that should be fixed up now.

When adding a magnet link the size of the download is not known in advance so Transmission reports the progress as 0 bytes downloaded out of a total of 0 bytes, so the code sees downloaded is equal to total and reports 100% completion.

The page has been updated to show "Fetching magnet metadata" instead of "0 bytes" until the magnet finishes processing and the true downloading begins.

When you came back later it worked because even though your screen was no longer updating Transmission continued to download in the background.

I understand. Thanks for the fix.
legendary
I found a problem with a partial download (single .part file in zip) or download still im progress although website says 100%.

I'm assuming this can happen when a file I want to download has already been started by someone else but is not complete yet?

Thanks for the report, that should be fixed up now.

When adding a magnet link the size of the download is not known in advance so Transmission reports the progress as 0 bytes downloaded out of a total of 0 bytes, so the code sees downloaded is equal to total and reports 100% completion.

The page has been updated to show "Fetching magnet metadata" instead of "0 bytes" until the magnet finishes processing and the true downloading begins.

When you came back later it worked because even though your screen was no longer updating Transmission continued to download in the background.
donator

legendary
Service works flawlessly!

Works very well for me as well.

Great to hear!

I have a feature request: would it be possible to allow direct access to the files instead of zipping them?
Possibly, but no near term plans for that.

Alternatively: does someone have enough script-fu to tell me how to pipe wget/curl output into unzip and achieve the same goal?

EDIT: I guess piping to unzip wont work because zip file info is at the end of the zip.

EDIT2: HA! Seems there is a way after all:

Code:
wget -qO- https://untorrent.me/torApi/fetch/?secret= | bsdtar -xvf-

(found here)

Wow, neat trick.
Such is the power of the Linux, all hail Linus. (And also Lord Gaben)

Minor things (Chromium): When adding a new torrent, the info bar shows 100% right away.
I'll take a look
Also, can you make the "URL to check back later" text and link a bit bigger?
Done, let me know how that is
Lastly can you make the logo a link to the home page?
Done
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
Works very well for me as well.

Minor things (Chromium): When adding a new torrent, the info bar shows 100% right away. Also, can you make the "URL to check back later" text and link a bit bigger? Lastly can you make the logo a link to the home page?
donator
Service works flawlessly!

I have a feature request: would it be possible to allow direct access to the files instead of zipping them? That way I could start watching right away. As it is now, I have to wait for the zip to fully download (I only have a 8 mbit connection ;-( )

Alternatively: does someone have enough script-fu to tell me how to pipe wget/curl output into unzip and achieve the same goal?

EDIT: I guess piping to unzip wont work because zip file info is at the end of the zip.

EDIT2: HA! Seems there is a way after all:

Code:
wget -qO- https://untorrent.me/torApi/fetch/?secret= | bsdtar -xvf-

(found here)
Activity: 896
Merit: 527
₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
Website just sufferedwent through a UI overhaul and now looks much better, it even has an official logo and favicon now rather than the boring plain white page icon

I've seen a number of deposits being made, is the service working alright for everyone? No bugs/glitches to be seen?
Now that's an awesome design. And no glitches here - everything works flawlessly Smiley
legendary
one minor thing: http size header (not sure what it's called "content-size" or something) missing on zip download? you might be zipping on the fly. If that's the case:I said no word about size header Wink
It is zipped on the fly so I can't set the size ahead of time.

only 1 thing left: pleasel stay UP!

I intend to for as long as I can, hosting costs are not too bad.
donator
oooh! nice look!

testing...

one minor thing: http size header (not sure what it's called "content-size" or something) missing on zip download? you might be zipping on the fly. If that's the case:I said no word about size header Wink

again: great service! I like the decisions you made regarding privacy and payment model.

only 1 thing left: pleasel stay UP!

EDIT: pricing adequate, I'd say.

legendary
so far so good, but is there a way i can see my recent torrents list just by going to the main untorrent.me page instead of having to know that link "to check back later"?

As of now, no but if you just paste the .torrent link in again it'll send you to the same status page.

So even if you don't save the /status/ link if you remember what you were downloading you can get back by "re-downloading" it again. <-- This will not charge you double it will recognize the file is already there and continue.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
so far so good, but is there a way i can see my recent torrents list just by going to the main untorrent.me page instead of having to know that link "to check back later"?
legendary
Website just sufferedwent through a UI overhaul and now looks much better, it even has an official logo and favicon now rather than the boring plain white page icon

I've seen a number of deposits being made, is the service working alright for everyone? No bugs/glitches to be seen?
legendary
I will try it later today. Are deposit addresses permanent?

Yes, each user has a unique and permanent deposit address.
Activity: 896
Merit: 527
₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
I will try it later today. Are deposit addresses permanent?
legendary

Is there a way to see how much funds are left?

It's located in the purple text.

First line: How much data you have available to download.
Second line: Your address to purchase more data.
Third line (red): I was putting a few status updates there.

On a whole the page CSS and layout needs a revamp but unfortunately time is not an easily obtained commodity.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF

Is there a way to see how much funds are left?
donator
Alright, there we go. Price has been fixed it is 0.0005 BTC per GB credited after 1 confirmation

Perfect.. thank you.

Will surely use your service when the need comes up.
legendary
Alright, there we go. Price has been fixed it is 0.0005 BTC per GB credited after 1 confirmation
Pages:
Jump to: