Pages:
Author

Topic: update armory wallet 0.96 - page 3. (Read 921 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
July 30, 2018, 12:12:18 PM
i did lol, then followed your steps and came until user , no app data to find anywhere not even when i type it in search , i deleted the 0.96 and went back to 0.95 , it sits on initializing bit coin engine. thats better what it did before . maybe it works now , but im messing with this for a week now. very annoying i have to say 
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
July 29, 2018, 05:53:43 PM
I suspect you are looking in the "C:\Program Files\Armory" directory... and not the armory data files...

Are you definitely looking in "C:\Users\[YourPCUserName]\AppData\Roaming\Armory"?

You should see something like:

NOTE: to embed screenshots you need to be a jr member or higher... just use an image host like imgur.com and then post the link
July 29, 2018, 12:49:21 PM
i use windows 7 and cant find anything with the word data in the armory files , made a screen shot but cant put in on here . also nothing says log file or data , so i dont know what the hell is going on with this. i will delete the whole armory , reinstall it and recover my wallet. guess thats the only option . there must be a bug in the update , it worked just fine before .
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
July 29, 2018, 02:10:54 AM
Just to confirm, you're using Windows (based on the .exe comment), if so, which version of Windows?... and have you have found the "AppData" folder? Huh

By default "AppData" is hidden, you will need to set Windows Explorer to "show hidden files and folders"

If you are using Windows 10, the Armory data directory will be something like: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Armory

In there, you should find the "databases" folder... and armorylog.txt and dbLog.txt
July 28, 2018, 08:22:15 PM
only folder i find is library and thats in win rar , no folder  named database , should recover my wallet ?!
July 27, 2018, 12:28:46 PM
thanks for the tip, i will do that when home and keep you posted , didnt try that option yet
Activity: 270
Merit: 36
July 26, 2018, 08:40:11 PM
yes sir , tried to rebuild and rescan and whatever the options are , tells me i have a wallet but only in offline mode , so the hell i know whats going on with this , should not have updated it i guess .....
It'd take some time to rebuild after using that option, but if ArmoryDB has crashed before that I don't think it'd do much without a restart.
Close Armory. Go to %appdata%\Armory and delete just the databases folder. Start Armory. Does ArmoryDB.exe still crash?

You're also welcome to post your logs files (armorylog.txt and dbLog.txt) on somewhere like pastebin or 0bin and link them for us to view.
May need to split them if the files are too large.
July 26, 2018, 03:24:53 PM
yes sir , tried to rebuild and rescan and whatever the options are , tells me i have a wallet but only in offline mode , so the hell i know whats going on with this , should not have updated it i guess .....
Activity: 270
Merit: 36
July 26, 2018, 02:15:31 PM
it worked fine until the update on 96.4 , and i do peer with core , always tells me armory DB .exe stopped working , re installed it 3 x , im about to erase all this , wasted 5 days now trying to fix the problem and im not an IT expert , not happy
Probably the Armory database folder that needs a wipe and rebuild. You were on 0.96 before?
July 26, 2018, 11:38:52 AM
it worked fine until the update on 96.4 , and i do peer with core , always tells me armory DB .exe stopped working , re installed it 3 x , im about to erase all this , wasted 5 days now trying to fix the problem and im not an IT expert , not happy
Activity: 525
Merit: 282
July 25, 2018, 09:38:06 PM
Also, please upgrade to 0.96.4, and follow the new site.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
July 25, 2018, 05:10:13 PM
You need core to be fully synced and set to accept incoming transactions.
Armory does not use RPC commands, but connects to core as a peer (on the loopback interface 127.0.0.1).

July 25, 2018, 03:08:19 PM
hi there,

just updated my BTC and wallet to newest version , core works fine but wallet only goes in offline mode , cant see my balance . since im not a pro with bitcoin software , does anyone has any tips ? i have the armory wallet on expert user since i've read that was the way to do it

thanks in advance
Pages:
Jump to: