Pages:
Author

Topic: UPDATE: BTC-e suspended accounts and hacked accounts [Gathering] - page 3. (Read 5924 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
What does the [Gathering] is square brackets mean?
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
You are a Mt. Gox sock puppet:

Name:    Thran
Activity:    2
Position:    Newbie
Date Registered:    Today at 01:04:24 PM
Last Active:    Today at 04:21:54 PM

Sigh... so, the first answer i get is a conspiracy theory... Yes, that gives me a good feeling when i think about my money.

What the heck will gox or the illuminati gain from this thread in any way?
Stay away from gox, it sucks and it sucked 8 month ago already, thats the reason i traded on btc-e and not on gox.

EDITED

I don't want that they are shot because that and there is no need to avoid btc-e or anything.
If you want join an exchange now, btc-e should be high on the list.
Except you should perhaps avoid the trollbox because its not only more healthy for your computer but for your brain at all.

BTC-e is a fine trading platform when it comes to trading, there is nothing bad to say and i did not.
That does not changes anything i said - they HAVE the trollbox, the trollbox GOT flooded by trojaner spam and
they DID suspended wrong accounts as collateral damage because they miss the right user protection and perhaps
they even miss it right now - they never communicated that and communication is the real problem here.

The mess is simple the second level: Their support service is a outsourced crap, their dealing with the trollbox amateurish and when this thread helps
to fix only one of that topics then all will win alot, including btc-e itself.

Please also look in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=417094.20

And yes, i joined exactly because that. Why should i without? There is not much to say on my side beside that.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
You are a Mt. Gox sock puppet:

Name:    Thran
Activity:    2
Position:    Newbie
Date Registered:    Today at 01:04:24 PM
Last Active:    Today at 04:21:54 PM
Let's see other reply 1st, but yeah this may actually be true thought.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
UPDATE:

After browsing the trollbox archive (the chat archive for the btc-e chat trollboxarchive.com)
and checking the spaming accounts and user i found more very clear signs whats happens RIGHT NOW on btc-e.
BTC-e is through the chat under a malware attack and they can't fix it.
Please read this update i also posted on page 2 so you get whats going on.

This is the malware domain, posted over and over in the thread since weeks, using hacked accounts which then
got suspended: http://trollboxarchive.com/search.php?search_type=all&search=predictcoin

########
to check it by yourself, click on the different usernames in the link above to follow their chat history. You can see how many old accounts are there.

You can also see how their behaviour changed. Thats is clearly the same user accessing different accounts or the same bot.

- EVERY HACKED ACCOUNT even when half a year old and more and with a clean history vanished forever after he droppped the malware link
- that means this accounts never recovered
- we speak for patterns & accounts since 4-6 weeks ago and more - that means suspended accounts in the limbo since mid/end december,
at last that is the impression what the archive gives

The seized/holded amount of dollar must be somewhat high. There is no sign they was able to access their asset so far.

########

---------------------------

Another example from the trollbox archive.

Here is a user claiming what happens as he signed up for the predict coin page.
Its of course not to verify he is honest, but there are some signs:

- a normal character starts to spread automated spam lines out of nowhere (why should he? At last he should use a different sentence).
- he is explaning it with a twink and see how confused he is
- there is no one helping as you can see
- the bad domain get posted over and over by more and more accounts
- mods KNOW that domain is malware and even warn & ban it !
- different user with different and clean chat history are spaming out of nowhere the malware link

The twink: http://trollboxarchive.com/search.php?search_type=username&search=Thomassmulders
The original account: http://trollboxarchive.com/search.php?search_type=username&search=thomas89

and again the phishing domain (is a bunch of "predict" domains all using the same layout and all), still active TODAY posted and spread by the btc-e chat:
http://trollboxarchive.com/search.php?search_type=all&search=predictcoin

Please look at the insane amount of used chars - some of that have history never doing anything wrong.
Then, boom, they spread the malware domain - all with the same sentence.

These are, with a good chance, hacked people. Hacked by links who are spread even now by btc-e because
they can't deal in a sane way with domains in the chat.

Example: i just clicked on the users in the link above. http://trollboxarchive.com/search.php?search_type=username&search=wimmah1985

You see how he is starting to spam that link. then something happend.
When i should guess he logged in (the original owner). Then he starts to wonder what happens. Then he is gone - no post anymore
close after he posted the link. That means with a chance he is also suspended.

As far i know there are alot more cases like that. Just check the users!

It can't be that out of nowhere such many users without any negative history started to pop out as long hidden hackers.
I assume many make it not public for some reason, at last they fear a permanent ban and the lose of all asset.

--------------------------

ORIGINAL POST:

BTC-e suspended alot accounts in the past weeks as their chat was overrun by hackers posting malware links on their (unprotectd aka no whitelist/pre moderation) ajax chat called the trollbox.

To deal with that, they started to use in the last month some pretty basic grep & ban protocol here and there to suspend the accounts of the hackers.

What was a good move in general had some bad side effects: People who tried to warn to access a bad domain and who named that domain
in the chat was suspended too. Suspended means that the whole account access is dropped and all fund are for that time seized.

In my case btc-e seized some bigger amount of $ which i am not able to access for over a week now.
Now, that would be no problem if there that was a way to communicate with btc-e or to withdraw the fund and stop trading.

There are other cases people had no access to their account for a much longer time:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=417094.20

But the fact is, that there is no way to communicate:
- you are blocked from all direct site access so you are not able to PM moderators, admins or support
- your have to open a support ticket on a different domain (hdbtce.kayako.com) where your ticket is marked as assigned
but no one is talking to you, answering your question or whatever (after one week)
- if you are in coins you better hope the market did not crash or you are doomed to lose

Let me point out that the problem with the malware is a problem which escalated mainly because BTC-e never added any working spam protection
to their chat. A site is responsible for what is posted on it and it can't be that i add a chat on a trading site where millions are traded and i
simply miss to add a modern spam protection like whitelist and JIT moderation (just in time moderation, which is analysing posts for patterns like unknown
domains and put them on a moderation queue instead make them public).

ATM everyone is blaming gox for using an outdated and/or amateurish working wallet but how is that more worse as a site allowing criminals to
post trojaner links and password stealers over weeks and month on their frontpage just because they are not able to add a whitelist or link excluder to
a simple ajax chat? I and every common web programmer can add such a thing in less a day including testing. There are not many technologies on the web
that are common and already tested like a domain or email grep, whitelisting and chat moderation.

Who else is in the same situation? Who can't access their account and their fund?
Who had money or coins on btc-e seized and how long now?
Pages:
Jump to: