Pages:
Author

Topic: [UPDATE] RX480 (Ref) 31+Mh, Custom Rom - VDDC OFFSET + Custom timing - page 23. (Read 231013 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I would like to thank custom work XFX RX480 non-reference GPU's modded BIOS by Eliovp (Heliox)

6X GPU 182Mh/s, 63watt/gpu GPUz and stable more than 1 week (continuous operation 0-24)

So perfect job and perfect finish!!!

Thank you Eliovp  Smiley

you have version 4gb or 8gb ?

8gb
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
I would like to thank custom work XFX RX480 non-reference GPU's modded BIOS by Eliovp (Heliox)

6X GPU 182Mh/s, 63watt/gpu GPUz and stable more than 1 week (continuous operation 0-24)

Thank you Eliovp  Smiley

wow - this is great results!

which rom did you use from Heliox?

Impressive 182MHs under 1000watts
@pho130,

With with Bios you reach this value? Only 63 Watt for one GPU? I reach about 30 MH per GPU, but it needs about 90 Watt?

Yes, this value modded BIOS /GPU. On the wall ALL 930watt (6gpu,motherboard,etc)
Activity: 13
That kind of bios is not exist for non ref cards. Each brand , each model number need a different modded bios . If you going to flash a Asus Bios to your XFX card , you going to brick you Card.

I didn't know It would required one for each manufacturer.

Thanks for all the info.

I have different brands of RX 480 total of 3 of them(XFX, Saphire) , and use only one bios, they are behaving correctly. I have them setup in one rig, but have to set the fans manually @80% to have them behave correctly.  Only branch I used different' is RX 480 Nitro. I never tried using the the  30Mh Low power bios.

Are they all reference RX 480? If so, you can use the same BIOS as the only difference in the BIOS is the manufacturer's ID.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1014
It's a custom job.

So in other words, not really public Smiley

Greetings.

Is it possible to know what have you modify for XFX RX480 GPU ?
I think custom memory straps in bios, not just copy-paste in PolarisBiosEditor.
Then ultra low voltage for gpu and mem controller with reasonable (not very high) gpu/mem frequencies.
But i think for good designed card with memory chips cooling one can reach similar results without so much efforts, just with PolarisBiosEditor and WattTool.

is there a List which card has memory cooling and which not?
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
It's a custom job.

Greetings.

I think custom memory straps in bios, not just copy-paste in PolarisBiosEditor.
Then ultra low voltage for gpu and mem controller with reasonable (not very high) gpu/mem frequencies.
But i think for good designed card with memory chips cooling one can reach similar results without so much efforts, just with PolarisBiosEditor and WattTool.
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
It's a custom job.

Greetings.

legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
It's a custom job.

Greetings.
well, really impressive! Do this cards with samsing mem have memory chips cooling?
Or you didn't push it too much on mem freq?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
It's a custom job.

Greetings.
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

Thank you Eliovp  Smiley

Where I can download this modded bios ?
legendary

Thank you Eliovp  Smiley

can you point me to the .rom File?
Activity: 188
Merit: 118
https://tawk.to/wowchebit

Thank you Eliovp  Smiley

you have version 4gb or 8gb ?
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
@pho130,

With with Bios you reach this value? Only 63 Watt for one GPU? I reach about 30 MH per GPU, but it needs about 90 Watt?

Thank you Eliovp  Smiley
Activity: 682
Merit: 500
can someone explain me why Wattmann and the Polaris Bios Editor have total different Numbers for the mV in the GPU Section?
in Polaris it is like:

1000 MHZ     65283 mV

in Wattmann

1000 MHZ    824 mV

how to this number correlate together?

The 65283 is the EVV value, it's not an actual voltage. By default the cards have a different EVV value for each DPM. The EVV sets a voltage dynamically at different DPM levels for your card based on it's ASIC quality, or at least I believe that to be the case. I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong.
legendary
can someone explain me why Wattmann and the Polaris Bios Editor have total different Numbers for the mV in the GPU Section?
in Polaris it is like:

1000 MHZ     65283 mV

in Wattmann

1000 MHZ    824 mV

how to this number correlate together?

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597
That kind of bios is not exist for non ref cards. Each brand , each model number need a different modded bios . If you going to flash a Asus Bios to your XFX card , you going to brick you Card.

Thanks for all the info.

I have different brands of RX 480 total of 3 of them(XFX, Saphire) , and use only one bios, they are behaving correctly. I have them setup in one rig, but have to set the fans manually @80% to have them behave correctly.  Only branch I used different' is RX 480 Nitro. I never tried using the the  30Mh Low power bios.

"You have to set the fans manually to have them behave correctly " that is mean that modded bios not working ok with your cards  Grin

What bios are u using on exactly what cards ?

You said " I have different brands of RX 480 total of 3 of them(XFX, Saphire) " ... that is 2 brand ...
I think you refer to rx480 nitro as a Saphire , and u using a different bios for that right ?
So 2 brand RX 480 , and 2 totally different bios ...

Correct me if I'm wrong :-)

Activity: 7

Thanks for all the info.

I have different brands of RX 480 total of 3 of them(XFX, Saphire) , and use only one bios, they are behaving correctly. I have them setup in one rig, but have to set the fans manually @80% to have them behave correctly.  Only branch I used different' is RX 480 Nitro. I never tried using the the  30Mh Low power bios.

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Thanks for all the info.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 597
Pages:
Jump to: