Pages:
Author

Topic: [UPDATE]Batch 2 AVALON STOCK OVERCLOCK to 84 Gh/s @350MHZ[STABLE] - page 2. (Read 9409 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
if taking them over the stock speed are you not prone to risking over heating less life time of chip and also void your warranty if something goes wrong with it?

I have been running for more than a month at 345-370MHz, it's still stable. When the chip hangs to overheating it seems to just stop and cool down, then you have to restart the unit...

I don't think there is any warranty to void in the first place Smiley

I don't think you know what stable means
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Looking forward to seeing how this progresses in terms of overclocknig on stock cooling to going water cooled
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
copy his positing from another thread "  

BitSyncom

Re: Avalon stable @ 98,986Mhash/sec
Today at 04:11:37 AM

Reply with quote  #21
was wondering how long it'd take people to notice ( and more importantly share the constant that we've released on github.)

the number you are all aiming for is 450 Tongue of course, that's not really possible on just air cooling.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
What does "connect to it through the net"?  There is a place to upload it via the firmware update menu.   Are you saying there is a way to grab it off the internet?

You first download the firmware onto your local system and then tell the browser to upload to the Avalon

For example you download the image from

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/avalon/20130624/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr703n-v1-squashfs-factory.bin

and then you browse to

System -> Backup / Flash Firmware

Click on Browse, select the image you just downloaded from you Downloads an click on Flash Image

Then Ack the hash (if you want to check) and reflash the machine. Wait 3 minutes and log back in, running the new image.

By the way, are *you* the guy selling the ASIC managed hosting?

I'm offering to do managed hosting of 1 unit Avalon with 3 hashing units for EUR 100 / month in Belgium eh... never mind... why do I even bother to bring this up...

At least I've been reflashing embedded devices for the last 19 years.... it's really not that difficult if even I can pull it off...

I will test this and post the results after 24hrs.
legendary
Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000
What does "connect to it through the net"?  There is a place to upload it via the firmware update menu.   Are you saying there is a way to grab it off the internet?

You first download the firmware onto your local system and then tell the browser to upload to the Avalon

For example you download the image from

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/avalon/20130624/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr703n-v1-squashfs-factory.bin

and then you browse to

System -> Backup / Flash Firmware

Click on Browse, select the image you just downloaded from you Downloads an click on Flash Image

Then Ack the hash (if you want to check) and reflash the machine. Wait 3 minutes and log back in, running the new image.

By the way, are *you* the guy selling the ASIC managed hosting?

I'm offering to do managed hosting of 1 unit Avalon with 3 hashing units for EUR 100 / month in Belgium eh... never mind... why do I even bother to bring this up...

At least I've been reflashing embedded devices for the last 19 years.... it's really not that difficult if even I can pull it off...
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
How do I load the image?  I didn't see a USB port.   Thank you.

-D

On the menu you see when you connect to it through the net.

What does "connect to it through the net"?  There is a place to upload it via the firmware update menu.   Are you saying there is a way to grab it off the internet?

-D
Activity: 817
Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

-D

On the menu you see when you connect to it through the net.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
Is anyone able to compile a firmware where the fans still throttle, or a way to change that manually? I need to sleep next to this thing.

Also a way to set max temp to 48/49? One of the modules sits on 47 which triggers max RPMs, although I can hopefully move this to somewhere a bit cooler.

unlucky......
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

-D
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Is anyone able to compile a firmware where the fans still throttle, or a way to change that manually? I need to sleep next to this thing.

Also a way to set max temp to 48/49? One of the modules sits on 47 which triggers max RPMs, although I can hopefully move this to somewhere a bit cooler.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
if taking them over the stock speed are you not prone to risking over heating less life time of chip and also void your warranty if something goes wrong with it?

I have been running for more than a month at 345-370MHz, it's still stable. When the chip hangs to overheating it seems to just stop and cool down, then you have to restart the unit...

I don't think there is any warranty to void in the first place Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1064
4h 27m 11s  82523.42 @ 345  750HW - 50btc
3h 13m 47s  81915.67 @ 345  1324HW - ozcoin
legendary

9h 34m 30s

getworks 1238
accepted 20556
rejected 93
HW 1312

setting 345..... apaprently this works better than 350.... can anyone compare
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Activity: 490
Merit: 255

Congrats!!!!

Though maybe ease off the coffee a little... (or is that a hash rush?)  Grin

I can't wait for mass shipping!
Activity: 112
IVE OVERCLOCKED MY STOCK BATCH 2 TO RUN @350MHZ FOR A STABLE 85Gh/s!!!

Original post edited
legendary
I think a 750 or 850 will do the job unless you plan on upgrading to 4 modules later

Wattage / 3 * 4 is what u need fir 4 modules.

I would stop running your batch 1 with overclock until u uo grade though
Activity: 85

batch 1 and 2 batch 2 devices running at 350 Mhz.  Cool

350mhz x 240chips = 84000ghs. One of your units is loosing 4000ghs from that. They have 650 psu? 350mhz requires a 750 I think

The units are pulling at the wall ( i have a power meter ) 2.25 kW. I will replace the batch 1 PSU with a 1000 W unit. that should fix the issue you mention.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Can verify it works with my batch 2 unit. Currently getting 82-83GH/s on BTC Guild. Thanks!
legendary
Mine generally run around 50 this could be to do with the fans struggling to reach max
Pages:
Jump to: