Pages:
Author

Topic: [UPDATE]Batch 2 AVALON STOCK OVERCLOCK to 84 Gh/s @350MHZ[STABLE] - page 3. (Read 9409 times)

legendary
Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000
what temps do your batch 1 normally run on 300?

Largely depends on the intake termp, but I have not seen it go over 50 to 51 degrees Celcius (fan speed just goes up)
legendary
Activity: 1036
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

batch 1 and 2 batch 2 devices running at 350 Mhz.  Cool

350mhz x 240chips = 84000ghs. One of your units is loosing 4000ghs from that. They have 650 psu? 350mhz requires a 750 I think
legendary
Activity: 1112
Batch 1 do jot have as big a psu as batch 2...... be careful I had issues with my batch 1 units after a while

The Batch #1 units with the default power supply pull about 760 Watts at the wall plug when pushed to 350 MHz
legendary
Well the fan with the blue light on 2 of my batch 1 unit struggles a little... it does not like full speed, so this woukd cut out after a while, many hw errors, heat and SICK once or twice.

what temps do your batch 1 normally run on 300?

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Batch 1 do jot have as big a psu as batch 2...... be careful I had issues with my batch 1 units after a while

Which kind of issues specifically ? Thank you!
legendary

batch 1 and 2 batch 2 devices running at 350 Mhz.  Cool
legendary
guild

slushs normally gives higher values....
Activity: 817
Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com
I'm sorry, I was just confused because you said:

"Unless you are depending on ur stock fans to achieve this(you would blowout your stock PSU)"
Activity: 112
What's the risk if temperature stays low?

None!

Unless you are depending on ur stock fans to achieve this(you would blowout your stock PSU)
This modification provides stable power consumption from your stock equipment.

So stock or no stock for 77Gh/s?

Everything in this thread from me is about a STOCK batch 2 Avalon

I havr been running 2 3 4 for 2 weeks or so and 1 since friday

What pool is that?
Activity: 490
Merit: 251

oh, so you just showing off  Grin
legendary
Activity: 490
Merit: 251

Are those accepted shares in the same time frame and difficulty?
legendary
Activity: 817
Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

None!

Unless you are depending on ur stock fans to achieve this(you would blowout your stock PSU)

So stock or no stock for 77Gh/s?
legendary
Ive been running all day on 345 no problems...... apart from bliwing the power in ky house but that was due to way to many things runni g at once..... women Wink

my room runs around 20c during the day and less at night

If you push it too far in terms of Mhz, you may cause undervolting in other components, which may cause serious hardware failures.

So far i'm seeing a "Utility" higher than 17 with values of 350 Mhz. Anything higher than that brings up hardware errors and lowers utility.

+1
this

but this thread was initially about overclocking a STOCK Avalon to 325Mhz

350Mhz is not something I would do to a stock Avalon without direct liquid cooling

None!

Ideally youd want to cool the room to 65F or liquid cool the unit

I temperature control the room to 70F to comfortably get a healthy 77Gh/s at the box. As mentioned before a good properly configured pool(https://mining.bitcoin.cz/) will increase your earnings in way that resembles hashing @88Gh/s
Activity: 71
Yesterday I tried making the change of the PSU (batch 1) for a Corsair TX850W and working properly. Then, I flash the Avalon with the indicated binary from here and I have it running at 325 Mhz, the only detail is that the fans are always at 100% but it's a minor detail, I prefer more noise to have problems in the chips.

One question: as some pictures I've seen, BitSyncom used thermal paste applied directly but does not make good contact between the surface of the board to the heatsink surface.

It will work better if you install a thermal pad (0.3 mm thick)?

Regards.

If you push it too far in terms of Mhz, you may cause undervolting in other components, which may cause serious hardware failures.

So far i'm seeing a "Utility" higher than 17 with values of 350 Mhz. Anything higher than that brings up hardware errors and lowers utility.
Pages:
Jump to: