Pages:
Author

Topic: US Dollar collapse in 2015? (2) - page 4. (Read 11747 times)

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
June 06, 2015, 01:19:09 PM
Greek Banks On Verge Of Total Collapse: Bank Run Surges "Massively" As Depositors Yank €700 Million Today Alone

While the Greek government believes it may have won the battle, if not the war with Europe, the reality is that every additional day in which Athens does not have a funding backstop, be it the ECB (or the BRIC bank), is a day which brings the local banking system to total collapse.

As a reminder, Greek banks already depends on the ECB for some €80.7 billion in Emergency Liquidity Assistance which was about 60% of total deposits in the Greek financial system as of April 30. In other words, they are woefully insolvent and only the day to day generosity of the ECB prevents a roughly 40% forced "bail in" deposit haircut a la Cyprus.

But the question is whether we should expect a surge in the number of new users of Bitcoin? Last time the Cyprus deposit expropriation coincided or correlated (yeah, I know) with the Bitcoin price skyrocketing to 1,000$ and above...
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025
June 06, 2015, 12:41:30 PM

Greek Banks On Verge Of Total Collapse: Bank Run Surges "Massively" As Depositors Yank €700 Million Today Alone

While the Greek government believes it may have won the battle, if not the war with Europe, the reality is that every additional day in which Athens does not have a funding backstop, be it the ECB (or the BRIC bank), is a day which brings the local banking system to total collapse.

As a reminder, Greek banks already depends on the ECB for some €80.7 billion in Emergency Liquidity Assistance which was about 60% of total deposits in the Greek financial system as of April 30. In other words, they are woefully insolvent and only the day to day generosity of the ECB prevents a roughly 40% forced "bail in" deposit haircut a la Cyprus.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-05/greek-banks-verge-total-collapse-bank-run-surges-massively-depositors-yank-%E2%82%AC700-mill

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
June 01, 2015, 06:07:27 PM
Nope,

USD is getting more powerful with everyday.

That's what i think as well. In 2009 when bitcoin was born, it was something on the horizon. But now it doesn't seem it's going anywhere but up.

I agree USD is bursting of life. But how long will that last? Next economic crisis that will start in few years will tell us that.

2008 was the huge econmic collapse, it takes like 6 years to recover and probably longer.

But, they seem to do these collapse when they feel the banks arent making enough. theres a bunch of articles, on zerohedge.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
June 01, 2015, 03:35:19 PM
Nope,

That's what i think as well. In 2009 when bitcoin was born, it was something on the horizon. But now it doesn't seem it's going anywhere but up.

I agree USD is bursting of life. But how long will that last? Next economic crisis that will start in few years will tell us that.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
June 01, 2015, 01:45:21 PM
The fiat form isnt the greatest, theres that whole concept of the intrinsic value of fiat will always be back to zero.

This is pretty much said by voltaire. And what we see is between piled up mistakes that never even bothered to begin with.

Similar to giving a kid a credit card without the education and no supervision.
legendary
June 01, 2015, 12:29:37 PM
I don't think US dollar will collapse. Euro is the one may collapse. In the past several month, the Euro rate to us dollar drop very fast.

in the end none will collapse, i don't remember any collapsed fiat in the past, and there was a bigger crisis than this(wall street crisis if someone remember)

You don't remember because it happens about every 70+ years.

But for now no dollar collaspse. The US stock indices aren't even down to where they were three couple ago. At the beginning of April the Dow was at around 17,700 and the NASDAQ was at 4,317.

you are right there was some collapse, around 1932, but those fiat weren't big fiat on the first place, so i should rephrase my comment, to something like, it never happened that a big fiat currrency like usd or euro was ever crashed in the past?

Currencies have crashed in the past, they just came around fixing it. The problem is now we are on a dead end where global debt is too much to simply keep on going indefinitely.
Currencies of earth leading empires like the roman empire have collapse. Everything could happen. It will be a controlled collapse if anything.

Collapse cannot be controlled or otherwise it is not a collapse. But you can instigate it as well as stay away from it...
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
June 01, 2015, 11:31:26 AM
I don't think US dollar will collapse. Euro is the one may collapse. In the past several month, the Euro rate to us dollar drop very fast.

in the end none will collapse, i don't remember any collapsed fiat in the past, and there was a bigger crisis than this(wall street crisis if someone remember)

But for now no dollar collaspse. The US stock indices aren't even down to where they were three couple ago. At the beginning of April the Dow was at around 17,700 and the NASDAQ was at 4,317.

you are right there was some collapse, around 1932, but those fiat weren't big fiat on the first place, so i should rephrase my comment, to something like, it never happened that a big fiat currrency like usd or euro was ever crashed in the past?

Currencies have crashed in the past, they just came around fixing it. The problem is now we are on a dead end where global debt is too much to simply keep on going indefinitely.
Currencies of earth leading empires like the roman empire have collapse. Everything could happen. It will be a controlled collapse if anything.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
June 01, 2015, 07:56:29 AM

Not will collapse, but the US empire will soon fall, is the nature of every empire.
Activity: 455
Merit: 251
blockchain longa, vita brevis
June 01, 2015, 05:26:11 AM
Nope,

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
June 01, 2015, 05:13:28 AM
Nope,

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
June 01, 2015, 05:10:22 AM
waiting for when the price will increase .
legendary
June 01, 2015, 04:59:03 AM

If you're talking about the years of Great Depression, the US dollar only increased in value back then, i.e. appreciated (goods became cheaper overall). It is a far cry from what this topic is about...
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
June 01, 2015, 03:54:07 AM

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
June 01, 2015, 03:45:51 AM

euro wont collapse it will be shut down more and more countries are trying to go back to there own currency's but it gonna be hard battle.
read some article that Germany want back mark as passing so euro is first one to go down.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
May 31, 2015, 09:07:47 AM

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
May 31, 2015, 04:22:58 AM
I always see this argument how traditional money will collapse and bitcoin will save the day. I don't really see this happening soon, if ever...
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 31, 2015, 04:11:37 AM

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
May 26, 2015, 06:00:36 AM
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
May 26, 2015, 05:04:07 AM
Considering swiss frank was collapsed few month ago i dont see why something similar wont happen again.
But with dollar i dont think so most stable value so far.

Swiss Frank didn't collapse.  Shocked
It appreciated like crazy after its artificial peg to the Euro was removed.

I know i take this as example for people who bought apartment/house in my country with frank and now they have to pay huge amount of interest and other stuff.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
May 26, 2015, 02:16:28 AM
What's the point and meaning to the SDR pie charts? What's the alternative SDR pie chart referring to? A bit more explanation may help the discussion for those who aren't immediately in tune with the detailed facts. Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: