Pages:
Author

Topic: US Marshalls auction...what time will results/winner be announced today? - page 5. (Read 4951 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht

Did the US Marshalls get sued for that leak? America is the land of the lawsuit, and there were people with serious money whose identity was revealed. They could argue that it affected their Bitcoin business interests. Maybe I haven't heard about any lawsuit because they got an out of court settlement, or maybe I'm out of touch with the news.

Not to my knowledge and it was only a list of people who'd expressed an interest in registering rather than actual registered bidders. Still, I'm sure it raised a few eyebrows hither and thither.
Activity: 298
Merit: 253

there being extra secretive this time as to who is bidding.

Well, the original leak of bidding applications was a mistake. I don't think anyone is supposed to know anything and it's up to those who took part to let information slip if they wish.

Did the US Marshalls get sued for that leak? America is the land of the lawsuit, and there were people with serious money whose identity was revealed. They could argue that it affected their Bitcoin business interests. Maybe I haven't heard about any lawsuit because they got an out of court settlement, or maybe I'm out of touch with the news.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht

Well, the original leak of bidding applications was a mistake. I don't think anyone is supposed to know anything and it's up to those who took part to let information slip if they wish.
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000
☑ ♟ ☐ ♚
It's being held now between 8:00am EST and 2:00pm EST, so it's due to finish in two hours. They never release the prices of the bids, we will have to wait until some bidders tell us. It usually takes a few days for the results to get out, I don't expect to hear anything until after the weekend.

Are the usual suspects bidding again this time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS1g55EAZbY
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
It's being held now between 8:00am EST and 2:00pm EST, so it's due to finish in two hours. They never release the prices of the bids, we will have to wait until some bidders tell us. It usually takes a few days for the results to get out, I don't expect to hear anything until after the weekend.

Activity: 298
Merit: 253

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
It's POSSIBLE that the auction results will be the catalyst for a move up or down.  When will that be released?

the results are never released unless the buyer decides to disclose.

Thanks for the info.
Charts, data and/or Analysis or it's just like, your opinion man.
I think that $300s could be gone for good, but that's just like, my opinion

Even with charts, data, and analysis, it's just opinion.  Nobody KNOWS anything.  And I'm not trying to sell mine or convince anybody they should share it or validate it. 

In fact, my opinion is only about VALUE, not PRICE.  I don't even attempt to guess about price.  When price goes far enough below my opinion of value, I buy.  When it goes far above my opinion of value, I sell.  (That rarely happens...my opinion of bitcoin is generally higher than the opinion the market expresses.)

It's too boring and long to type in the 10 minutes I have available, but my opinion of value is based on an analysis of global money supply, specifically M0 and M1 money supply.  It's based on how much market share I expect bitcoin to have in terms of its use as currency and in remittance markets in a rolling 5 year period.  My opinion on the 2019-2020 value (not price, value) hasn't changed much in the last couple of years and may not until we see more evidence of adoption, especially in remittance markets.  Then I take the 2019-2020 value and discount it back to present using an implied capitalization rate, that, again, is just an opinion. 

You've probably seen the various slider graphs that allow a person to select certain options for adoption?  It's kinda like that, BUT I believe very strongly that most of those that I've seen are massively flawed because they appear to count mining transactions in their velocity calculations, which is beyond ridiculous.  The velocity of bitcoin is significantly lower than they estimate. 

Of course, it's all just a guess.  But I THINK that at $400, price and value are reasonably close right now, which is quite rare.  And when bitcoin crosses the price/value line, it typically over-corrects massively. I'm expecting some kind of over-compensation one way or another.  If we go down much from here, I'm a buyer. 
Activity: 180
Merit: 102
It's POSSIBLE that the auction results will be the catalyst for a move up or down.  When will that be released?

the results are never released unless the buyer decides to disclose.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Charts, data and/or Analysis or it's just like, your opinion man.
I think that $300s could be gone for good, but that's just like, my opinion
Right now, I'm in limbo...not buying or selling until I see a more clear picture of market direction.

Love all the media coverage that finally just started...NYT article showed up on my phone this morning, so MSM is taking note.  But I'm concerned it's something of a setup.  The Huobi premium was as high as $50 yesterday, now back to $20 ish.

In my opinion, the odds of the market settling here ($400.92 as I type) are pretty minimal.  There WILL be more volatility.  I'd actually be happiest if it settled here, but I don't think it will.  My opinion is that it might settle lower.

FWIW, my personal estimate of value is $420-430 right now.  I'm sure everybody has their own fundamental methodology, but that's what mine says.  With a big move down, I'm a buyer around $280.  With a big move up, I'd sell (did sell one at $475).

Pages:
Jump to: