Pages:
Author

Topic: U.S President Trump: Google ‘rigged’ search results, ‘illegal’ censorship. - page 3. (Read 1834 times)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
trump = us president that believes in kapitalism but effectivly does communism.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
"Hillary Clinton crimes" would be the most often searched for term.

NOT, NEVER "Hillary Clinton cries."

Do you have data to support that? I wouldn't search for either of those but I'm not going to say NEVER. Someone could have searched for Hillary crying about losing the election. And perhaps "crimes" isn't such a hot topic outside of your bubble, or maybe people search for more specific terms. You can't seriously use autocomplete as some sort of proof of bias. Just ask Santorum.

For Trump in my case six of the ten resulting suggestions from Google include the word "crimes."

I didn't look much further down the list but I think I had "Trump crime" at #3 or 4. Again, that doesn't prove anything. Even Fox News can have "Trump" and "crime" in a header and it could be about Trump being tough on crime.

Yes, bias in Google auto-complete has been proven by researchers.

Check this article as one example.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3785801/Is-Google-manipulating-autocomplete-results-favor-Clinton.html
Activity: 854
Merit: 277
liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !
Try it yourself.

Type into Google "Hillary Clinton cri" and check the results of the autocomplete.

Then try "Trump cri".

Then try Yahoo and Bing. The bias is right there.  Right out in the open.

Or perhaps autocomplete reflects what people are searching for most often. But that wouldn't make a good conspiracy theory.

BTW I got "Hillary Clinton cries" and "Trump Crimea" so not sure what your point really is.

For Trump in my case six of the ten resulting suggestions from Google include the word "crimes."

Anybody that does not believe that Google, Facebook, Youtube and Twitter do not actively censor, shadow ban, preferentially auto complete, and use all other tactics in their book to promote their own ideology is foolish. But try it out yourself, don't take anyone's word for it.

And remember, it's not who they discriminate against today. It's the fact that tomorrow, it could be you.

or your daughter when she escape alive a pedo island and try to speak out about those who raped her... it's war, don't forget it. and in all wars there are the propagandists of the other side trying to demoralize and justify their actions... prime targets, there are a few here... pity, mery or tolerance is for the weak, their deaths is the only appropriate answer...

nice video about the union speech made by the wh : https://www.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1034907478566359041/video/1  (from here https://www.infowars.com/trump-provides-example-of-google-bias-after-being-called-liar/ )

and what about the splinter cell at the cia setup by obama? there, there is no other choice but to death squad them on the american soil, does haspel has what it takes to clean the mess? it should already be done by now... traitors must die.
Activity: 266
Merit: 32
Looks like Google CEO will be fired from the job   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Do you have data to support that? I wouldn't search for either of those but I'm not going to say NEVER. Someone could have searched for Hillary crying about losing the election. And perhaps "crimes" isn't such a hot topic outside of your bubble, or maybe people search for more specific terms. You can't seriously use autocomplete as some sort of proof of bias. Just ask Santorum.

I didn't look much further down the list but I think I had "Trump crime" at #3 or 4. Again, that doesn't prove anything. Even Fox News can have "Trump" and "crime" in a header and it could be about Trump being tough on crime.
legendary
Try it yourself.

Type into Google "Hillary Clinton cri" and check the results of the autocomplete.

Then try "Trump cri".

Then try Yahoo and Bing. The bias is right there.  Right out in the open.

Or perhaps autocomplete reflects what people are searching for most often. But that wouldn't make a good conspiracy theory.

BTW I got "Hillary Clinton cries" and "Trump Crimea" so not sure what your point really is.

Anybody that does not believe that Google, Facebook, Youtube and Twitter do not actively censor, shadow ban, preferentially auto complete, and use all other tactics in their book to promote their own ideology is foolish. But try it out yourself, don't take anyone's word for it.

And remember, it's not who they discriminate against today. It's the fact that tomorrow, it could be you.
Activity: 133
Merit: 0
I think that most of the websites now have such problems, "manipulating search results," but they need evidence to sanction them. Where is the evidence?
Do you always do what the President tells you to do?

Stock markets do what U.S President tells them to do. Google, Facebook, Apple Inc. Amazon going back to $200 billion
legendary
Try it yourself.

Then try "Trump cri".

Then try Yahoo and Bing. The bias is right there.  Right out in the open.

legendary
He can't use his brain correctly then why should someone blame him about accusing everyone of censoring him!

google search results could be rigged to give boost to google adsense websites or google results are bad and unreliable.

I agree, Google has some limit and even some censorship but this isn't the spirit of what Trump is seeking. The worst POTUS wants to see people blindly supporting him, as said before he wants loyal citizens just like any other dictator. Hopefully, we aren't anymore in 1939...

Try it yourself.

Then try "Trump cri".

Then try Yahoo and Bing. The bias is right there.  Right out in the open.

I agree, Google has some limit and even some censorship but this isn't the spirit of what Trump is seeking. The worst POTUS wants to see people blindly supporting him, as said before he wants loyal citizens just like any other dictator. Hopefully, we aren't anymore in 1939...

Google tracking users & using it for adsense/google ads ??

I was on real estate website magicbricks.com and I searched for "panvel navi mumbai". Next day when I was on other websites, I was getting google ads for "magicbricks panvel properties". The same happened to me after my search on amazon.com for chairs, clothes etc..
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
He can't use his brain correctly then why should someone blame him about accusing everyone of censoring him!

google search results could be rigged to give boost to google adsense websites or google results are bad and unreliable.

Activity: 126
Merit: 25
Well I can't sit here and pretend I KNOW 100% about Google but I do have experience with their algorithms and I've seen first-hand how it can be manipulated. If someone puts in enough effort and money they can easily change the search results to suit their needs.  If I'm Trump I wouldn't be worried so much about Google the company I'd be looking into who/what is behind the search manipulation (if there's anyone).

Google may not be scam but yesterday U.S President said  "google search results are bad and unreliable. Good websites are not shown in top 10 of google".

In other words of U.S President 'do not use google.com"

Do you always do what the President tells you to do?
Activity: 19
Tech giants are actually getting too powerful in recent times. Though, Trump's word can't be taken for what it is. We still cannot deny the possible presence of some truth in these allegations. It is no news that the media has deliberately targeted Trump even from the onset of his campaign. And I wouldn't be surprised if the tech world has joined as most of them have been very vocal in criticizing him. He has however made himself a very easy prey too. But when he says he will take action, what does he have in mind? Is he going to sue the company? Or is he hoping to sign some new executive order concerning censorship on the internet? Grin
copper member
Activity: 112
Am KOFIY!
If this claim is true, what can the president do? Can he sue Google ?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
Trump act like this :
1- This person/organisation spread good news about me and think I am good then I will like it.
2- This person/organisation doesn't support me publicly or criticised me or is talking about my shameful storieS then I will attack it at every opportunity. Comey, Jeff Sessions, Mueller, CNN, Google... The list is still getting bigger and bigger...
Well I can't sit here and pretend I KNOW 100% about Google but I do have experience with their algorithms and I've seen first-hand how it can be manipulated. If someone puts in enough effort and money they can easily change the search results to suit their needs.  If I'm Trump I wouldn't be worried so much about Google the company I'd be looking into who/what is behind the search manipulation (if there's anyone).

Google may not be scam but yesterday U.S President said  "google search results are bad and unreliable. Good websites are not shown in top 10 of google".

In other words of U.S President 'do not use google.com"
legendary
This is an interesting question because otherwise intelligent people are willing to BELIEVE that Google is impartial, or they are not.

I would be far more worried if Google attempted to be "impartial" by giving some sort of "equalization" to e.g. bad and good news on a certain topic.

Side note: We KNOW Twitter and Facebook act against conservative writers, it is not a belief.

Who's "we"? This sounds very much like a belief unless you can provide data and stats (not anecdotes) to support that. I have a feeling though that just like with Google, it's not really possible for an outsider to obtain such proof. However you (or "we") can choose a different platform or search engine to use - one that is neutral, or even one that favors conservative writers, if that's what you prefer.
Activity: 126
Merit: 25
First of all Google uses algorithms that can't be rigged...they can be swayed by popular searches but it's not rigged internally.

Secondly, Google is a private company so they can do whatever they want. If they were publicly-owned then they have a responsibility to be impartial but as a private company then can do/say whatever they want.

I've definitely seen rigged Google results. It's been noted on this forum in the past. But certainly you can not say "xyz uses algorithms that can't be rigged" unless you can present the algorithms for examination and prove that those were the routines used for a given search. You can do neither.

The question is, is what you're seeing "rigged" from Google themselves or is the algorithm being manipulated externally? Because it's definitely possible to do the latter. If I make a post saying "Keanu Reeves is the best actor" and I'm able to send it around and people share it and link it around then in a couple weeks when someone types "who is the best actor?" into Google, Keanu Reeves will pop up. It doesn't mean that it was rigged internally from Google, it just means the algorithm was manipulated.

Trump seems to think it's Google doing it themselves but I don't think that's the case. I'm not taking any political sides but we know that there's a LOT of negative articles about Trump so of course Google's algorithms are gonna put those higher than any of the good articles written about him. That's just how it works.

This is an interesting question because otherwise intelligent people are willing to BELIEVE that Google is impartial, or they are not.

Neither you or I would accept that with a random number generator in a crypto program we use to create private keys. We would require it to be open source and subject to review.

Now, having said that, let me ask a simple question. What do you KNOW, versus what do you BELIEVE?

Well I can't sit here and pretend I KNOW 100% about Google but I do have experience with their algorithms and I've seen first-hand how it can be manipulated. If someone puts in enough effort and money they can easily change the search results to suit their needs.

If I'm Trump I wouldn't be worried so much about Google the company I'd be looking into who/what is behind the search manipulation (if there's anyone).
Pages:
Jump to: