Pages:
Author

Topic: US Soldier in exchange for 5 Al-Qaeda members - page 3. (Read 1885 times)

Activity: 223
Merit: 100
The only explanation I can think of that makes sense is that the recent outing of the Afghan CIA head put their deep cover operative in jeopardy so they had to extract him, but that would be a conspiracy theory.  Shocked
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
Weird. That directly contradicts earlier reports from comrades that he left no indication he was leaving, a non-communication which allegedly led to several deaths as US military personnel searched under the assumption that he was kidnapped. Later, it was suggested he was feeding the Taliban information on weaknesses in US positions which led to further deaths. All this time, he was supposedly playing badminton with the Taliban but ill and apparently without proper healthcare to see him well, so the Obama admin. decided to bring him home in exchange for five enemy combatants in Gitmo instead of letting him die a natural death....... so he's in the excellent hands of the VA, I guess? Glad I followed media reporting on this and now have the facts. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Yeah this was a really stupid decision. It also signals to them that our government will trade prisoners with them which makes kidnappings and hostage taking much more likely.

May be. But during the USSR-Taliban war, the latter captured a hundreds of Soviet soldiers, despite the fact that the USSR never agreed for a prisoner swap. Culminated in the infamous Badaber uprising.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Just one soldier released in exchange for 5 hardcore terrorists. These terrorists in turn will kill many more American soldiers. Bergdahl wasn't even a high ranking officer to begin with.

Yeah this was a really stupid decision. It also signals to them that our government will trade prisoners with them which makes kidnappings and hostage taking much more likely.

We can keep our soldiers safe by keeping them at home instead of in so many countries. We could also save a ton of money that way.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Just one soldier released in exchange for 5 hardcore terrorists. These terrorists in turn will kill many more American soldiers. Bergdahl wasn't even a high ranking officer to begin with.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004
Pages:
Jump to: