Pages:
Author

Topic: US trains Syrian rebels in Qatar - page 2. (Read 2285 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501
May 30, 2014, 04:10:38 PM
This kind of news never ever will see the light of day on mainstream American media. So sad. The US has been doing this shit for DECADES! They're probably involved in Ukraine as well. What's even more disturbing is their links with these hyper-rich Arabian countries like Saudi Arabia and Qatar - countries that not only have horrible human rights abuses but are likely involved in real terrorism (the kind that blow up buildings with thousands of people, not the kind your politicians talk about these days). 

In fact you'll see the opposite on US media, as for Qatar and Saudi Arabia, being involved in terrorism no it's not the case, as for human rights, they are some bad points but overall they are okeyish in comparison to really oppressive countries, here the big deal is geopolitical, Syria and Iran has strong ties, (Shiaa) and and Saudi Arabia Qatar, UAE ... are (Sunnit) and they are more or less enemies
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Knowledge is Power
May 30, 2014, 03:57:58 PM
This kind of news never ever will see the light of day on mainstream American media. So sad. The US has been doing this shit for DECADES! They're probably involved in Ukraine as well. What's even more disturbing is their links with these hyper-rich Arabian countries like Saudi Arabia and Qatar - countries that not only have horrible human rights abuses but are likely involved in real terrorism (the kind that blow up buildings with thousands of people, not the kind your politicians talk about these days). 
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
May 30, 2014, 01:43:35 PM
I really hope Syria does not end up as the Afghanistan of the future. As far as I can tell,these dictators are bad,but the Islamists who seem to come to power once a dictator is removed are much worse,and then you won't even have a reason to interfere in that country's affairs.

If the dictators get too much oppressive, then the local population itself will remove them. There is no need for outside interference. I would prefer a dictator to an Islamist as a ruler for any middle-eastern nation. At least the ethnic minorities (such as the Christians, Yazidis, and Mandeans) would be able to live without the threat of abduction and forcible conversion.
Activity: 308
May 30, 2014, 12:46:28 PM
I really hope Syria does not end up as the Afghanistan of the future. As far as I can tell,these dictators are bad,but the Islamists who seem to come to power once a dictator is removed are much worse,and then you won't even have a reason to interfere in that country's affairs.
Activity: 406
May 30, 2014, 12:41:49 PM
The U.S. military is pretty good at ripping off taxpayers, not fighting wars.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
May 29, 2014, 03:49:15 PM
The U.S. military is specifically designed to soak taxpayers, not fight wars.
During the last 40 years it has consistently excelled at the former, and failed at the later.

Actually the US military is pretty good I think. But going there, quickly winning the war and then get the hell out of there isn't as good business as tinkering there for a couple of years and dropping more stuff on any random shitholes then on Dresden in '45.
Activity: 462
May 29, 2014, 03:19:44 PM
Putin did what was right for balance of power worldwide.Russia naval base is in crimea and there is no way that was gonna go.the plan all along was to weaken russia. i hope that trde between china Asia and Russia grows.just to spite those silly european antics called sanctions.
Activity: 434
May 29, 2014, 03:03:27 PM
geopolitical interest of both the US and Russia are on the line, Syria is one of the only Russian allies and big customer in the region and the US want them out and want to put a puppet leader to control the country, and the big loser here sadly is the Syrian population .....

that's basically the american business model for the middle east. come in, conquer, set up one of your guys, and the exploit the shit out of the people. i don't support terrorism, but this is part of the reason why there are so many radical extremists who are hell-bent on bombing us. seems like there are generally more muslim kooks than your average religious people, but i bet a lot of the al queda sympathizers are just people who have had their families blown to bits.
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
May 29, 2014, 02:56:08 PM
geopolitical interest of both the US and Russia are on the line, Syria is one of the only Russian allies and big customer in the region and the US want them out and want to put a puppet leader to control the country, and the big loser here sadly is the Syrian population .....
legendary
May 29, 2014, 02:42:02 PM

The US military budget is more than $600 billion per year, while the number of households in the US is around 75 million. So every household contributes around $8,000 towards the American war machine.
May 29, 2014, 10:26:08 AM
What happened in Afghanistan is going to be repeated in Syria.

No.  Syria has an organized modern military, strong nationalism, and friends.  Afghanistan did not.

During the last 40 years it has consistently excelled at the former, and failed at the later.
May 29, 2014, 12:21:11 AM
these days, i don't even have CNN or any news network anymore. i get my news mainly from the daily show and reddit.. it's much more honest news that is interested in the important world events.

It is true that the puppet news channels (such as the BBC and the CNN) are losing viewership all around the world, with the rise of more neutral media such as Russia Today and Al Jazeera. Also, social media such as reddit is getting more and more important now.

The internet has really democratized information. I am old enough to remember only getting news about the world from the big three networks and the AP. Now we have the ability to talk to people all around the world and avoid the filtering. Bloggers and social media are filling the watchdog role that the traditional media sources abandoned long ago. 
legendary
May 29, 2014, 12:15:53 AM
these days, i don't even have CNN or any news network anymore. i get my news mainly from the daily show and reddit.. it's much more honest news that is interested in the important world events.

It is true that the puppet news channels (such as the BBC and the CNN) are losing viewership all around the world, with the rise of more neutral media such as Russia Today and Al Jazeera. Also, social media such as reddit is getting more and more important now.
Activity: 434
May 28, 2014, 04:28:28 PM

True its only a matter of time.

i don't know what's going on in syria anymore either.. our news/media outlets don't really do a good job keeping up with it. probably because they want to cover the things that people truly care about, like what new hairstyle jennifer lawrence has.

Thats why i stick with RT dont expect cnn or bbc to post anything about the syrian war.

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
May 28, 2014, 04:27:02 PM
I saw that episode last night. Very well done and researched. The new part was about the TOW training. That has been rumored for a while, but this is the first real report from the area.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029
May 28, 2014, 04:21:46 PM
This might just be  a conspiracy theory.  You can never fully trust media sources, you'll have to check and see for yourself. Although it is a luxury to have a freedom of media, this can be abused. We have seen this multiple times already.
legendary
May 28, 2014, 02:40:22 PM
Thats why i stick with RT dont expect cnn or bbc to post anything about the syrian war.

A few months ago, when the rebels appeared to be winning the battle against Assad's forces, the BBC and CNN were covering the events 24 x 7. But now, the pro-NATO forces have suffered a series of setbacks. The FSA and ISIS have been confined to parts of Damascus and some remote pockets in the East. And that explains the increased coverage by RT.  Grin
Activity: 350
Decentralized thinking
May 28, 2014, 10:47:29 AM

True its only a matter of time.

i don't know what's going on in syria anymore either.. our news/media outlets don't really do a good job keeping up with it. probably because they want to cover the things that people truly care about, like what new hairstyle jennifer lawrence has.

legendary
May 28, 2014, 09:01:27 AM
Whether knowingly or unknowingly, the US is training dozens of fighters affiliated with the ISIS. I agree with sana8410 and Snail2. What happened in Afghanistan is going to be repeated in Syria.
Activity: 448
May 28, 2014, 06:45:58 AM
I'm not surprised. U.S Also supported Bin Laden back in the days. When he refused to take orders from U.S, he was eliminated as quickly as possible, or maybe got a new identity, we never saw the body.
Pages:
Jump to: