Pages:
Author

Topic: US trains Syrian rebels in Qatar - page 3. (Read 2285 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
May 28, 2014, 05:37:18 AM
They did the same in Afghanistan back in the eighties. It's always good to have a bunch of terrorists on your paylist if you have to secure some oil/gas fields, pipelines or blow up something for restrict the rights of your own citizens and silence your opposition.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
May 28, 2014, 05:16:11 AM
Asymmetric information warfare at played as well.

The goal is to confuse the population long enough to achieve the objective.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
May 28, 2014, 03:52:00 AM
i don't know what's going on in syria anymore either.. our news/media outlets don't really do a good job keeping up with it. probably because they want to cover the things that people truly care about, like what new hairstyle jennifer lawrence has.

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
May 28, 2014, 03:29:44 AM
I only followed the beginning of the Syrian war, which looked identical to the Tunis/Libya/Egypt destabilisation operations.
There lived (lives) a large Russian community in Syria, and reports from them was that the conflict was imported, that residents were actually looking to the army for protection from the attacks, hoping for a quick resolution.

I don't know where it all spiralled to nowadays...

(Speaking of Libya)
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
May 28, 2014, 03:25:40 AM
so how do people around here feel about this? i know most here hate the government's involvement in wars.. but what if the assad is just a really bad dude who doesn't care for human life?
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
May 28, 2014, 03:23:40 AM
US trains Syrian rebels in Qatar to ‘ambush' soldiers and 'finish off' the wounded – report
http://rt.com/news/161820-us-trains-syrian-rebels/

At a secret base in Qatar, the US military is training rebels to raid Syrian government troops and vehicles, as well as to “finish off the soldiers still alive after an ambush,” first-hand interviews in a Frontline documentary have revealed.

The documentary, scheduled to air Tuesday night on PBS stations, offers rare insight into how Washington is fostering the armed insurgency against Syrian President Bashar Assad.

In related news, Russia is going to give Syria €240 million donation for social needs and rebuilding.
http://www.bfm.ru/news/259493
Pages:
Jump to: