Pages:
Author

Topic: USB block erupters are now useless. $5 - $7 each. - page 5. (Read 26025 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
What's the best alt coin to point these guys at when btc difficulty is too high?
use coinchoose.com, there you can check all the alt coins
Someone mentioned it must be SHA256 right?
be is sha256 only, coinchoose has sha256 and scrypt comparison, so far btc is the best coin for sha256
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
What's the best alt coin to point these guys at when btc difficulty is too high?
Someone mentioned it must be SHA256 right?
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
Activity: 238
Merit: 101
I purchase 100 of them for 35 each. Which I personally thing that I overpaid for them. I should of have pay $20 .

The first one I got I pay 75, I was so stupid to pay that amount never, never will make my ROI back.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
I'll take 1 and a time machine, please.

Bam!  I'll second this request.  Let me hitch a ride with you. 
Activity: 752
AsicMiner shares are dropping fast and no word of any new products. SELL!
https://www.havelockinvestments.com/reports.php
Activity: 745
These will sell at $5 - $7 each at the end of this year. Just wait for it

But then you will hear the correct price is $1 each
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
They were useless when they were $150 each too..  Never could figure out why people were buying these things like it was cotton candy..

They look pretty and wifey/gf don't get upset when they run 24/7 Cheesy

+1
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
These will sell at $5 - $7 each at the end of this year. Just wait for it
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
There is no such thing as the "correct price".  The correct price is what the market is willing to pay.  
Amen. Why is that such a hard concept for people to understand? The only time one can say a price is to high is when there are no buyers.

or depends on which side of the table you are on
Activity: 322
+1 if you want (or think) the price of usb block erupters to be around $5 to $7 each.

I'll go in on your group buy!
Activity: 770
They were useless when they were $150 each too..  Never could figure out why people were buying these things like it was cotton candy..

This.  I have 11 of them now.  They're mining at double the rate my GPUs were, and they're not sucking 1200W of power and raising the temp of the house by 5C.

As long as it is hobby, it is ok. Hobby has to cost something afterall
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

This.  I have 11 of them now.  They're mining at double the rate my GPUs were, and they're not sucking 1200W of power and raising the temp of the house by 5C.
Activity: 793
Merit: 1016
I'd buy a handful if they were $20 or less.  I love the one I have, it's very cute.  It'd be quite the novelty to buy a few hubs and a raspberry pi and actually have a legitimate honest to god mining operation, instead of "that one that I sometimes run when I'm using my desktop anyway".
Activity: 406

Activity: 196

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
There is no such thing as the "correct price".  The correct price is what the market is willing to pay.  
Amen. Why is that such a hard concept for people to understand? The only time one can say a price is to high is when there are no buyers.
Activity: 281
lol 750M difficulty is like... what?  a few months away?

Current Difficulty is 50M, assume 20% increase each change... that's 15 changes away.  5-15 days between.  

50,000,000.00    0
 60,000,000.00    1
 72,000,000.00    2
 1,597,399,996.85    19
 1,916,879,996.22    20

See, available hardware will limit that.  Math can't get the the way of common sense.  Currently, the network it at ~500 terahashes/s, with a difficulty of ~50 million.  For rough estimates, we can say that the network is 10x the difficulty.  So, if we have to hit 750 million difficulty, that is a 15x increase in difficulty, which would require a 15x increase in hashing power, raising the network to 7.5 PETAhashes/s.  There's no way any ASIC companies can deliver that much hardware that quickly.  

The estimates that make sense to me are about a 3 petahash network by the end of the year, which would give a difficulty rise of 6x, which sits us at 300 million, well below our 750 million cutoff.  

Difficulty cannot keep rising at this speed, it has to level off at some point.  And my guess (however little it may be based on) is that that level-off will be around 500 million difficulty.
Activity: 546
There is no such thing as the "correct price".  The correct price is what the market is willing to pay.  I do think that demand is going to dry up in face on the reality of ever increasing difficulty. I wonder if AsicMiner can still move them in volume if they cut the price to 0.1 BTC ea and if so are they making a profit at that price.

As for the $5 being the "correct" price are you willing to sell me your BE for $5?  I get the feeling when people say things like "this ASIC should be $x" they only mean they would buy not sell at that price. Of course if that truly is the correct price they would be happy to sell theirs off at fair value. 

ohohoh, there definitely is such a thing as price discovery.
Pages:
Jump to: