Pages:
Author

Topic: User @Amph - sale of BTT account via PM! - page 3. (Read 778 times)

staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
February 23, 2023, 01:32:21 PM
The above post I made is obviously speculation, and I guess it depends on if any other evidence is brought forward. However, at the moment it seems like both users don't actually know what went on exactly.

Only admins can can see private messages, or mods too? Or for mods to see the PM, it has to be reported? I am asking so at least we can confirm that PM is legit and indeed sent by Ampth (even though I see no reason why Lucius would go through such hassle).
Global moderators, and admins can see it when reported. If you go, and look at a personal message you've received, and click report to moderator you'll be able to see who can review them, since you can pick who you want. However, admins can probably see any personal message if they wanted too, but this certainly isn't routinely done. Although, this falls out of the scope for them to verify since it's not breaking the rules of the forum. So, please no one report personal messages like this, only one's that break the forum guidelines.

There are other ways to verify it, obviously. In the past, some users have given temporary access to trustworthy users, but I wouldn't recommend that either.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
February 23, 2023, 01:23:36 PM
sure some random guy pointed your profile in  A PRIVATE chat on telegram, come on don't be a moron, that is an undeniable proof that you comunicate wiht me via telegram, otherwise i would never send a private msg to you
Can you share screenshots of the entire Telegram conversation, right from the beginning?

Only admins can can see private messages, or mods too? Or for mods to see the PM, it has to be reported? I am asking so at least we can confirm that PM is legit and indeed sent by Ampth (even though I see no reason why Lucius would go through such hassle).
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
February 23, 2023, 01:19:22 PM
It's quite possible that someone is using Telegram looking for account sellers, and then pointing them to a random user on DefaultTrust or DefaultTrust2, trying to get them to admit that they want to sell the account knowing that the DefaultTrust/DefaultTrust2 would say something publicly about it.

There could be several motivations to this; honeypotting which this would be considered, isn't exactly encouraged around here, and actively frowned upon itself. So, the Telegram user doing it could be trying to do it anonymously, and using some other user to deal with it on Bitcointalk. However, that's not exactly great either; since they're effectively putting the user they're saying to contact on Bitcointalk under risk, as it appears they want to buy the account. I suspect in an attempt to keep themselves anonymous due to the frowned upon honey potting. However, I don't see why they just wouldn't send the user to a newly created account, and then report that publicly. Going through the verification that's required if necessary.

I don't know, that's my best guess since Lucius seems to be rather dumbfounded by why they received the personal message in the first place.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 5634
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
February 23, 2023, 01:18:42 PM
sure some random guy pointed your profile in  A PRIVATE chat on telegram, come on don't be a moron, that is an undeniable proof that you comunicate wiht me via telegram, otherwise i would never send a private msg to you

It seems that you are a much bigger fool than I thought, because you trust complete strangers who send you a message on a platform that is full of scammers. It is enough for you that someone sends you a public profile link and you think that this person contacted you Roll Eyes

you are a lier nothing else, and your screen don't prove anything either, there are plenty of way to edit any screen or even video so...

Unfortunately for you, PMs on this forum can be verified, so even though it is something that is not often done, I am ready to prove that you are lying even with that procedure. Anyway, I think you deserve a red tag as well as everyone who sells BTT accounts.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
February 23, 2023, 01:14:19 PM

you are a lier nothing else, and your screen don't prove anything either, there are plenty of way to edit any screen or even video so...
Your reaction for his proof itself says who is talking the truth here.

Anyway he posted the proof about the PM he received from your account so what is you answer or atleast say that he edited the picture and trying to portray you as an account seller. Cheesy

Anyone ready for the drama?

he is the one that contacted me via telegram if you think that is not him you must have some serious logic flaw

as i said that is not a proof, you can edit any screen easily
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
February 23, 2023, 01:13:30 PM

Your reaction for his proof itself says who is talking the truth here.

Anyway he posted the proof about the PM he received from your account so what is you answer or atleast say that he edited the picture and trying to portray you as an account seller. Cheesy

Anyone ready for the drama?
legendary
February 23, 2023, 01:05:47 PM

legendary
February 23, 2023, 12:58:28 PM
this guy tricked me just to be able to prove that im selling my account, he said he want to buy the account (which was a lie), i can prove that with screen

if you believe a guy like this is trustworthy, draw your conclusions

he also blatantly say that we didn't communicate via telegram which is a pure lie

here

You did not communicate with me via Telegram, nor does your screenshot prove anything - anyone could have sent a link to my profile, but the fact is that you sent me an offer to sell your BTT account, which only proves that you are either a very unintelligent person, or that you have some malicious intentions.

If you already want to portray me as some ordinary scammer who trades with BTT accounts, then I will also publish your PM so that people can decide who is who in this story.

legendary
February 23, 2023, 12:38:09 PM
this guy tricked me just to be able to prove that im selling my account, he said he want to buy the account (which was a lie), i can prove that with screen

if you believe a guy like this is trustworthy, draw your conclusions

he also blatantly say that we didn't communicate via telegram which is a pure lie

here

legendary
February 23, 2023, 11:48:23 AM
Today I received a private message from the user @Amph in which he informs me that he wants to sell his BTT account, and he refers to the fact that we communicated via Telegram, which never happened. The PM also contains a name (I assume the one he uses on Telegram), but I'm not sure if that might be his real name, so I don't want to reveal it here.

Given that the sale of BTT accounts is not something we approve of (although it is not prohibited), it would be logical to leave a negative trust for such an account - even though the reference is a private message, so it's my word against his.

I can't say why @Amph chose me, but it seems to me that I am not the only one who received or will receive such a private message. I also don't see that there has been any change of e-mail/password, so the assumption is that the account has not been hacked.
Pages:
Jump to: